It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Hero!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
As a former candidate and as a member of this great site I wonder what happened to this great idea? Has it gone the path of the dinosaur? Is there any candidates left? What about the candidate debates? Where are the forum moderators that were supposed to contribute to and heat this kettle up?

spacedoubt, UM_Gazz, UK Wizard, GAOTU789 WHERE ARE YOU?!?

Ever sense before I dropped out, I started seeing this idea whither away. Now has the Idea of the “President of ATS” died? Have we lost the idea created to have a dedicated pundit? Both a spokesperson to our government, and a receptacle for all the things that goes on with the current election?

I have been on the sidelines quietly watching thinking that my participation would be in poor taste being a former candidate. But it seems that now these beloved ideas, this wonderful and uplifting sojourn into the hellish realm of politics is basically on life support. Waiting for the one candidate that refuses to give up to be proclaimed ATS President by default. Is that what this board and this website wants? A candidate that wins this election by only being the last one standing?

Remember we need a hero!

Don’t let this idea die. It’s too important to the people of this board whether they know it or not to have someone a singular voice to talk to the lawmakers in Washington and report on what those in Washington are doing to us and for us.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well in there defence I would imagen the staff are already pretty busy as it is . Most of the candidates gave up on this dead horse a long time ago this is hardly surprising. Since there isnt much activity from the candidates there doesn't seem to be much point in me continuing to ask questions in order to generate discussion.

It seems odd that the the election process was restarted rather then rebooted . Threads from candidates who are no longer in the race . I just don't know what else to do concerning this matter .

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Fantastic. I want to announce that i'm running for president of ATS. I stand for freedom, freetax and universal healthcare.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Fantastic. I want to announce that i'm running for president of ATS. I stand for freedom, freetax and universal healthcare.

The only problem is

Candidacy Declarations: The window of opportunity to declare yourself is open, and will remain until next Thursday, February 21st 2008 @ 12:00am PST.

Taken from this thread .

Try sending a U2U to chissler because of the lack of candidates a late entry may be accepted.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I seriously want this to work. I once was a candidate but due to circumstances of a violation of the T&C of this site *cough*mebeinganidiot*cough* I felt the need to drop out.

I think that this is an important roll in the ATS universe and I would want someone in that position that I can trust to do the job effectively. So I am personally going to see that whatever candidates we have are challenged I think that only Xpert11 is left right? I don't want to see someone win by default.

So anyone else that cares about this (bodrul im looking your way and still expecting that answer that should be forthcoming.) better step up cause I wanna see some heated debates between candidates. Cmon now you care about this subject fight for it! lets beat this dead horse back to life again!

We need a Hero!

This isn't just a catchphrase it's a dang gone war cry! get pumped! get excited! this board needs you get it together and fight fight fight.

Think of it as your civil duty to this site even if the members majority aren't interested, you should be cause you know that it is important. Don't give up dang nab it.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
well, i'm not really a war hero. I was never in the military. Actually, I hate the military. So, i'd be all for eliminating the military. I'm all in.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

U2U chissler and ask him if you can join in the elections. The more the better. Better get your campaign in order cause I am about to start opening up a huge can of whoop butt with the remaining candidates to light a fire under their behinds. Now you got WUK to answer to.

Get friggen cracking people. I wanna see what you got! Why should

I

vote for you?

What are you going to bring to the table so that we the ATS members can get behind you on the issues? How will you make a difference?

The mods might be too busy, but I am not a mod, so I got plenty of time to harass all the candidates and set up threads and get some interest in this campaign going again and thats what I am going to do!

Now what are you candidates going to do?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Whatukno I am not taking part in the race due other commitments on the horizon and the fact the T&C wiped out a good part of my campaign plank. I put that aside and the poor treatment of the election and my campaign for the sake of the candidates still in the race but there doesn't seem to be much point in me doing so.

Nyk537 is the only candidate still in the race that I know of. It is time to bury this dead horse only only the powers that be know if they have learnt anything from this .

[edit on 4-3-2008 by xpert11]

[edit on 4-3-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sure.

First thing I do in office is to bring the soldiers back from Iraq. Use the military to actually do something and work. make them a working force in the US. better the economy.

1. Make them give up their uniforms. Turn in their weapons for immediate destruction.
2. Get them to work for us. Set them up in large factories.
3. Create a military working force.
4. Construct and produce Government medicine, food and housing. Miscellaneous.

Secondly, sign a bill to end all production of ALL vehicles.

1. shut down freeways.
2. deconstruct the road systems.
3. create a national monorail system.
4. Create tunnels and an air bus system all around.
5. Shut down all air travel.
6. Recycle all airplanes and vehicles and use the metal to make more train systems.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
jedimiller contact chissler and get officially signed up for the election, that way you can be a part of it.

That way we will have two people running at least.

Then I am going to start some really hard topics that I will expect the candidates to respond to. I already asked a question in the QFAC thread that got no response, I will ask that same question again.

Your not going to get any easy questions out of me. I know what is involved in this boards election. I know what position the candidates are trying for. So I am not going to make it easy on anyone.

So get out there contact chissler and let him know that you want to be a part of this. Get involved. I asked bodrul if he would return but he is so disillusioned that he won't come back which is a shame because he was a good candidate.

I will U2U some of the other former candidates to see if they will be willing to return if I light a fire under this election and see if I can bring it back to life again.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hello people,

Can someone please update me on whats happening, who is in the election race, how to get involved etc. Ive seen some people drop out so I dont know who is still running..

Also I know this is PTS, but why arent adverts put on ATS, BTS for this election, or even just a mass U2U would be good..

Appreciate Admin / Mods are busy with "changes" at ATS so maybe this is why things have slowed down?

Any info is appreciated...

Regards,

JQ.

edit: Ive just seen the post above me, I kind of get the idea now...thanks.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by John Q]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Whatukno I can only wish you well I do hope you have more success then anyone else who tried to get things moving again . Hell at one stage I practically offered to run the show and this was ignored. Oh well that's it from me I'm calling it a day on this matter.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
As far as I know there is only one person left running officially at the moment. Nyk537, but I am trying to drum up some further interest in the subject myself. I think I will just take it on my own to get this thing some legs and drag this thing out of the grave.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the update...

I will keep a look out to see if things change, if they do I will see how to get involved and help..

whatukno, one man can make a difference....

Good Luck.

Regards,

John Q.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Your job, if you choose to accept it...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Our newly elected President and Vice President team will be awarded their own dedicated forum on AbovePolitics.com (and "Politics" menu item on the ATS content archive) where they will become the site's official political commentators on the events leading up to the actual election in 2008 and more. The team will be the only two able to start new threads in the forum (though anyone can reply), publish articles to the main site archive, and share advertising revenue from their own Google adsense ads.

So polish your platform. Practice your baby-kissing. Develop a killer smile. Brush up on foreign policy.

We need a hero.

So remember your not running for the actual presidency here you are running for the ATS presidency. If elected YOU will be this boards chief pundit. It will be your job (paid job) to keep us the ATS members informed on the election and everything else that goes on in Washington.

This is not going to be an easy job but for the right two people this will be a rewarding job.

So I am calling all former candidates to reaffirm their involvement in this important part of ATS and make it work. No one else is going to make it happen just you. If you are going to be our leader ACT like a leader and make this campaign work.

This is too important of an issue to let this horse die. I will do what I can to help by making threads and getting the candidates involved. Call me "Wukky ATS Whip" if you like. Get going candidates make this work.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
paid job? oh man. Ok, so I shouldn't worry about the political issues of the nation, but more about ATS politics and how people work this place right? so how much does this position pay?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Here is all the information first available to us for this campaign.

Are you the man for the job jedimiller? Get involved. Go through the proper channels and make this election work again. I am going to do my part as a voter for this election to help make it exciting but it's up to you the candidates to give this thing legs not the mods, not the super mods, not the admin of this site. Its the candidates that have the primary responsibility to make this campaign work.

Are you leader enough for the job? Are you strong enough to be our man/woman?

Read through all the sticky threads in this part of the board and get yourself involved jedimiller if you want to get involved.

I can only do so much I will ask candidates questions. (really freaking hard ones) and help get debates going and whatever I can but it's you the candidates that have the responsibility to get the rest of this website excited about this topic once again!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I will, I already sent an email to chissler. i'll keep my eye on this thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I never really understood what the intended purpose of ATS Presidential Elections were.
Was it to be a real role / position within ATS or was it intended merely to parody real life events in the US?
Who was/ is eligible to vote etc?

I know bud and chissler have devoted a lot of time and energy into this so I am sure with them 2 on board it won't be some half baked irrelevant excercise.
I'm sure there is a lot of mileage in this yet if managed and organised correctly.

A mass U2U would clarify everything.

By the way, I would have to preliminary pledge to JM, purely in the absence of much else, for sheer entertainment value.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
From what I understand the function of the ATS president would be is to act as a political pundit for the elections and beyond. SO knows for sure what he had in mind when he created the idea. I am trying to drum up more support for this idea. A kind of grass roots get out the vote campaign to get the ATS members interested in this again.

It's a great idea and I support this whole heartedly. I hope that they send out a mass U2U about this every once and a while to get out the message.

<<   2 >>

join