It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 questions for freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I tent to ignore the negative BS about freemasons but I do have two questions (freemasons only)
1. Can you tell me why some times the freemason symbol has a G on it and some do not?
2. Why is there a freemason symbol at Denver airport?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkey

1. Can you tell me why some times the freemason symbol has a G on it and some do not?

The US and Canadian Grand Lodges have adopted as their official symbol the compass overlaying the square, with the Letter G in the center. Most European Grand Lodges have never used the "G" as part of the symbol, so it's use in the symbol is basically an American tradition.

Thanks

It would depend on where the symbol is located. If on a cornerstone, it would mean that the Grand Lodge of Colorado had been invited to lay the first stone, as is a tradition with public buildings in many parts of the US.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

thank you very much masoniclight.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I do believe there IS a Masonic marker in DIA. Do a google search for the image. It's there.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I do believe there IS a Masonic marker in DIA. Do a google search for the image. It's there.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

The one on that funny looking key pad? would that be because it was the first stone lade? if no, why is it there? its just gives me the creeps looking at photos of it.( The airport that is not the symbol)

[edit on 4/3/08 by iammonkey]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

It is actually not a keypad. It is a Braille translation of what is inscribed on the cornerstone.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

That it is indeed...

Although, current theories have it at being a key pad to activate the signal beacon for the Mother Ship to come and land at DIA to begin the alien overlord revolution supported by secret nazis living in the tunnles under the airport.....

(yes some one actually told me that by the way)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Thanks

G represents the Grand Architect. It is probably an American thing mostly, and as such will always.

I don't know, maybe their is a connection. Ever look it up via search engine?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

It is actually not a keypad. It is a Braille translation of what is inscribed on the cornerstone.

thankyou for clearing that up i was always told it was a key pad.by the anti masons. Thanks advisor and also rockpuck

[edit on 5/3/08 by iammonkey]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
G represents the Grand Architect. It is probably an American thing mostly, and as such will always.

With all due respect, the "G" does not represent the Grand Architect. It represents Geometry. If you are wondering what "Geometry" represents, simply ask a Brother. We would be happy to discuss what we can with those that are interested.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Just to get everyone even more confused, the G in the Square and Compasses has an older heritage. Of the Mother Grand Lodges, only England does not use the G - it is very common in the Scottish and Irish Constitutions. It is only the Grand Lodges descended from the "Moderns" grand Lodge and UGLE itself that don't use the G AFAIK.

All three GLs were active in pre-revolutionary America, and I must admit I have no idea why the S&Qs in the US ended up keeping the G. My pal Bernard Jones is (uncharacteristically) silent on the matter, so I am off to do some research ...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I know I'm going to open up a can of worms with this post; although it's not my intention. I have come to find through my arduous pursuance of the meaning of "G" that if you look hard enough (unless you guys actualy have kept this tid bit that well) you will find yourself chasing your tail. Most Masons say that it represents "The Grand Architect". Some say GOD yet others say The Sacred Geometry practiced by a certain philosopher.

Other sources speculate that it actualy represents the Gnosis of Gnosticism. And there are many more and even some sinister tales to be told if you buy into that. I'm not going in that direction.

Plainly, I think it represents an amalgamation of the three first mentioned things, GOD- being the Grand Architcet of all things, using Sacred Geometry to create.

Or maybe I just think too damn much, that's what everyone always tells me anyway. If I'm wrong it's my best shot as a non-Mason (thus far) if I'm close then my search was not in vain.

Good luck figuring it out for yourself.

[edit on 02/13/2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
G-Lecture ----- G = Geometry, the basis on which the super structure of Freemasonry is erected.
-----
Also further alludes to the Sacred name of God.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
G-Lecture ----- G = Geometry, the basis on which the super structure of Freemasonry is erected.
-----
Also further alludes to the Sacred name of God.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Rockpuck]

If you speak of the Sacred name of GOD as it pertains to Masonic lore, I couldn't elaborate.

As far as Biblical tradition goes it's pretty simple YHWH or in European tradition Jehovah, which basicaly translates into the words spoken to Moses, "I AM THAT I AM."

If you go a little outside the realm of traditional Christianity and read the Book of Enoch it tells of the ineffable name of GOD being given to Enoch.

If I recall correctly from my research in the past (and I'm not trying to sound haughty or anything) "The Ineffable Name of GOD" is one of the main truths/secrets to be learned and kept in Masonry.

Just my recollection's and thoughts. Don't take it as anything otherwise.

[edit on 02/13/2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981
As far as Biblical tradition goes it's pretty simple YHWH or in European tradition Jehovah, which basicaly translates into the words spoken to Moses, "I AM THAT I AM."
Clearly a precursor to the famous Popeye quote "I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam." (Wonder what the Hebrew abbreviation of THAT would be... Bet Max Fleischer knew...)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Absolutely brilliant, why didn't I think of that??????

new topics

top topics

join