It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Isiah Scroll: supressed biblical knowledge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The Isaiah Scroll

In the book The Isaiah Effect, by tonight's guest Gregg Braden, he writes about one of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the "Great Isaiah Scroll." Found relatively intact in 1947 (most of the scrolls were mere fragments), the Isaiah Scroll is nearly 1,000 years older than previously existing copies of the Old Testament Book of Isaiah. The prophet Isaiah told of an apocalyptic future of massive global destruction, followed by a time of peace.

While we may be living in the time just before such destruction, Braden believes people have the power to alter this outcome. Through his interpretation of the Isaiah Scroll, he suggests an unconventional mode of prayer can steer us away from dire outcomes. Braden writes about a "quantum principle" in prayer. For example, by focusing on a peaceable outcome out of numerous possibilities, this can become our reality. Rather than asking for peace, we should "create the feeling in our bodies as if the prayer had already been answered," he suggests.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Wow! did they know and hide the truth from us all this time? did the ancient prophets fortell coming events from the bible lands?

www.centuryone.com...

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by THENEO]

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by THENEO]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am listening to c2c now. It is a very interesting show.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe nobody had an interest in this topic?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

HEY I AM SOMEBODY!!! I also cannot believe the lack of posts on this topic. It was repeated in the first half hour of tonight's show. I thought it was interesting that Mr. Braden said that the authors of the scrolls took copies of their libraries to Tibet and South America. I also thought his ideas on prayer were thought provoking.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Have the translations of these Isaiah Scrolls been published on the net?

Are they suppose to be a more accurate translation of the bibles Isaiah, or a different writing all together?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Of course because da truth hurts, especally when it goes against everything you believe.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
great find THENEO!,
This IS an interesting find!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

HEY I AM SOMEBODY!!! I also cannot believe the lack of posts on this topic. It was repeated in the first half hour of tonight's show. I thought it was interesting that Mr. Braden said that the authors of the scrolls took copies of their libraries to Tibet and South America. I also thought his ideas on prayer were thought provoking.

Hmmm, is this something the nazi's were looking for?

new topics

top topics

join