It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buster Keaton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
BuSTER KEaTON

a truly amazing guy, you can find links about him if you just search google, anybody know how he survived all the crap he did onstage????? theres no way he could have done it without bruises, truly an amazing thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Examples? What did he do?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Excellent example of a physical commedian. I'm sure that guys like Jim Carrey love him.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.busterkeaton.com...

on one harrowing day when he was nearly three: Buster caught his right forefinger in a clothes wringer, losing the first joint, gashed his head near the eye with a brick that boomeranged after he threw it at a peach tree and was sucked out of an upstairs window by a passing cyclone that carried him floating through the air and conveniently deposited him, unhurt, in the middle of a street a few blocks away.

After that, his parents decided he'd be safer on stage.

Even his nickname was supposedly given to him under dramatic and unusual circumstances. Sharing the bill with the Keatons were the great escape artist Harry Houdini and his wife, Buster's godparents. Houdini saw little Buster, then only about six months old, slip and tumble down a flight of stairs, arriving virtually unharmed, perhaps even amused, at the bottom. "What a buster your kid took!" Houdini is said to have cried out. With those simple words, Keaton became the first person to use Buster as a name. Buster Brown, Buster Crabbe and Buster Poindexter all came later, presumably owing their names indirectly to Harry Houdini.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
www.busterkeaton.com...

on one harrowing day when he was nearly three: Buster caught his right forefinger in a clothes wringer, losing the first joint, gashed his head near the eye with a brick that boomeranged after he threw it at a peach tree and was sucked out of an upstairs window by a passing cyclone that carried him floating through the air and conveniently deposited him, unhurt, in the middle of a street a few blocks away.

After that, his parents decided he'd be safer on stage.

Even his nickname was supposedly given to him under dramatic and unusual circumstances. Sharing the bill with the Keatons were the great escape artist Harry Houdini and his wife, Buster's godparents. Houdini saw little Buster, then only about six months old, slip and tumble down a flight of stairs, arriving virtually unharmed, perhaps even amused, at the bottom. "What a buster your kid took!" Houdini is said to have cried out. With those simple words, Keaton became the first person to use Buster as a name. Buster Brown, Buster Crabbe and Buster Poindexter all came later, presumably owing their names indirectly to Harry Houdini.

wow he was a tough guy, the wringer washer reminded me of when I helped the mother-in-law do the laundry I leaned over an old wringer washer and being large chested got my right breast hung in the wringer, believe me once you get something like that in the wringer its an experience one does not forget easily and the wringer did not give it up easily nor did my MIL seem in too bigger hurry to help, she was laughing too hard, finally when she seen it was really hurting me terribly she turned the darn thing off and adjusted the wringers, and after a lot of tugging I got it loose. LOL

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Um.... not to be a killjoy.... but why is this posted in the Secret Societies forum?

I would think this was more an entertainment topic for BTS....

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Buster Keaton rules. Chaplin go home. Definately the best silent movie star.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Moving to BTS... this is in no way a Secret Society thread.

top topics

join