It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Canadian view on "weaponisation of space"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Canadian response is interesting- even our neighbors are leery!

Canadian government insists it will not agree to "weaponisation of space"

OTTAWA (AFP) Feb 18, 2004
The Canadian government confirmed Tuesday its frequently stated policy of opposing "the weaponisation of space" even though it is discussing participation in the US nuclear missile defence programme.
Defence Minister David Pratt told the House of Commons that Canada will not even sign on to the high-tech missile shield without further consultations with Parliament and without knowing all the facts.

Foreign Minister Bill Graham told opponents of Canada joining the program to "stick to the facts ... the nuclear missile defence we are discussing with the United States is not about 'Star Wars,' it is not about the weaponisation of space."

Source: www.spacewar.com...

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Journey]

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Don't you mean the 'French' Government of Canada.

Don't worry folks, they are not going to be around that much longer.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Does Canada even have an army?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Just for you, THENEO, I retitled the subject

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
www.af.mil...

I suggest everyone read this "operational plan" from the US Air Force, take note of page 12 that states

the Air and Space Expeditionary Forces to be based primarily in the US with the flexibility to conduct a wide range of operations throughout the world while accomodating the high operational tempo of today's contingency enviroment.

WTF man, looks like we are planning to do a lot more then what we are currently doing all over the world

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

HAHAHahahahaha...Dream on. You're stuck with us, and we'll continu to leech all the cash from the other provinces, IN YOUR FACE ! Lol...

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I assure you Canada has an army, considering how much USA's population is larger in proportion, Canada has a decent army for the population size.

By the way, the government is not French controlled, most people living in Canada are English, but a good portion are French, so we respect them by translating the House of Commons into French for them. A few polititians speak french as well, of course, due to proportional representation.

I do not think weapons in space is a good idea myself, all of these horrible weapons, just building more and more potential devastation.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Of course Canada has an army, didn't you guys see Canadian Bacon?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
the pea soup eaters in Canada need to just pack up and head back t o france...The English in Canada are practically Americans anyways...and don't worry frenchies... when the missles start to fall on your jerry lewis festivals, I'm sure an American anti-missle system will save yor yellow A$$'s.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I agree with the policy of placing weapons in space, if that is the topic. It gives the United States more power. Even though this country needs less power, I agree with the fact that I'd rather have my land getting a foot ahead of the race instead of starting when everyone else does.

Just like they always say and what I learned in college, if someone can screw you over, they will. Or, the best way to put it, If a cow could eat you, they would.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabidGoose
I agree with the policy of placing weapons in space, if that is the topic. It gives the United States more power. Even though this country needs less power, I agree with the fact that I'd rather have my land getting a foot ahead of the race instead of starting when everyone else does.

Just like they always say and what I learned in college, if someone can screw you over, they will. Or, the best way to put it, If a cow could eat you, they would.

Why do you think we need less power?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its all rather academic, as the systems have been in place for almost two decades now, hehe....

They're simply trying to get some Canadian money to pay towards upgrading a bit....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Any country, or anyone, this powerful needs to stay where they are at before coming more powerful. Just like Congress, you can't have too many Democrats or Republicans, because when one takes the lead for awhile all the ideas shift towards the majority. Checks and Balances. We already heavily influence nations, and with this already done and being upgraded, like Gazrok said, then it just leads to more power.

Nothing should be to powerful, and were riding the fine line. I'm all for the USA, I'm all about beating the mortal crap out of anyone that tries to do something to us or their people. BUt when it comes to beating the mortal crap out of them for having a different idea that works for them, then No.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
# french canada. its like franc ebut in north america. think theyre better than eveyone eles. go canada, # quebec

new topics

top topics

join