It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the wealthy have the control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i am 55 years old, and i have owned my own business for 9 years, i have also, for 11 years, been a manager for thrifty drug stores-- now no longer a viable company...it was bought out by rite-aid in the 90's, i have worked as a hourly employee, and now i sit home and trade stocks in my underwear...and i make more money now, then i ever made by listening to dumb corporate f-cks, that pretended to know, what they were doing....aaaahhh ... it is satisfaction at 100%....yes i sound like an arrogant ass--le, but, you know, i really i don't care. and i have learned a very hard lesson...no matter who it is, or what it may sound like...I always look to who stands to benefit... no matter if it is family, friends, business associates, or just anybody you happen to arbritrarily meet...if you always assume that other people are "WORKING YOU" to benefit themselves, and you use that as your "STARTING LINE".....you can be in control of your life. unfortunately, too many of us TRUST other people, and it has not worked out. and it is too embarrassing to our own egos, to admit when we have been f-cked over. now i know this a rather unpleasent way to live your life...it has actually empowered me... i just don't give a damn what other people think...as long as i get mine...and suprisingly i have started to achieve what i want by being this way!!! and with this said...i'm glad to be in the company of such thoughtful people that inhabit the ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
the reason, i have given my diatribe above in the first post, is because wealthy people feel the same way...and they are just not going to divulge that type of information, and if you, the middle class people think that the wealthy in this country care about you...you have been drinking the kool-aid. they are in their own world... andf if you happen to come into it ...they will want you to preform some type of service, or to somehow serve their needs,

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
lmao, dude, you're preaching too the preacher of wealthy people haters.

I'm 18 and I've done an extensive amount of drugs due to my homeless and no support from anyone and no parents that gave a crap.
But guess what, I have a IQ of 140 and am a CCNA student planning too attend college now that I have my life in line.

Bitching about it won't do anything, Getting ready for the NWO will.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm not surprised by what you have to say there... Everyone knows democracy is married to capitalism.

But if everyone in the middle class has their big screen TVs and McMansions, are they going to get mad and demand change? I don't think so. That's why we're pacified into our nice little sense of security.

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a bad thing, and I don't know if it could be changed for the better.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
living in america, there is alot more poverties, alot more ghettos, alot more killings, alot more rapes, alot more violence, so I think just because you're over on a nice peachy ISLAND damn you, you can't disqualify there needing to be a change.

Seeing what I've seen.
Knowing the CIA transports coc aine into the american governments and puts it on the streets.
I think I'd like too se an anarchy in the UN and America.
=)

And I'd die for that anarchy.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Prophet-Ezekiel

i applaud you for having the fortitude for following through on your "plan" and i wish you the very best...but any situation that you have in the future...always keep in the back of your mind, what does "this person" have to gain from my knowledge/friendship/association, and how can you turn this, into your gain!!! of course, you have to be discreet and thoughtful, and in the case of a "hook-up", as my son puts it, you will have "other" considerations. i'm saying that never think anybody is not thinking about some "gain" for themselves. if you always approach it from that angle... you will be in the drivers seat, as far as your life goes.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

listen Prophet...we all ready know that our government allows afganistan to grow poppy plants for the distribution of heroin throughout the world, while imprisoning our own people 5 or more years for using coc aine. the wealthy run this world...not any type of democracy, or freedom fighters, or any type of reform group, that wants to aid the middle and lower class. please..look at history books from your country and other countries to see that the only thing that the wealthy is concerned about is "CAN I PAY THIS PERSON ENOUGH MONEY TO NOT KILL ME OR ROB ME", that is their only concern....and the sooner everybody learns that the better

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Self knowledge is the only wealth I need, and with it this fake money too supply myself with what can be grown, made, and energized by our own ingenutivety will come.

Break that down =)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i am 55 years old, and i have owned my own business for 9 years, i have also, for 11 years, been a manager for thrifty drug stores-- now no longer a viable company...it was bought out by rite-aid in the 90's, i have worked as a hourly employee, and now i sit home and trade stocks in my underwear...and i make more money now, then i ever made by listening to dumb corporate f-cks, that pretended to know, what they were doing....

...the only thing that the wealthy is concerned about is "CAN I PAY THIS PERSON ENOUGH MONEY TO NOT KILL ME OR ROB ME"

Really, last month you were complaining on how your grocery store was getting serious problems in sales, and how you don't get paid enough...

Sorry, dude, you actually do need to be a millionare to think like one, everything else you say is worthless speculation.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by daniel_g]

[edit on 1-3-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Yes, Australia does almost have the same land mass as Canada, but with only 20 million people. Quite a large island.

I was never intending to disqualify the need for change, but I would like to hear your formulated alternative to the current system. Everyone knows the rich has control, hell, the head of our largest bank, Macquarie Bank, earns more than all of our federal elected heads of state combined - A$33 mill.

But people accept it when interest rates rise.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The formulation is people opening their eyes and standing up, and when the government starts going on strike is when people will say hmmm something isn't right here all the government people are talking bad about our own government.

That or irrational methods -
Planet X shifting the dimensional boundaries
Alien Invasion (Peaceful or Nonpeaceful)
Mass Destruction (By naturual force or manmade force)

Some times stuff just has too kill itself doesn't it, before it can learn.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
umm the wealthy only consist of 1% of the population so that is not entirely truestatement at all

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzados
umm the wealthy only consist of 1% of the population so that is not entirely truestatement at all

HAH, Isn't that a somekindofbadwording joke.

Give me the math that 1% of our population is wealthy.

I'd say that more than half of the usa is wealthy and happy while the other half is stuck sucking the governments nuts.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

i applaud you for having the fortitude for following through on your "plan" and i wish you the very best...but any situation that you have in the future...always keep in the back of your mind, what does "this person" have to gain from my knowledge/friendship/association, and how can you turn this, into your gain!!! of course, you have to be discreet and thoughtful, and in the case of a "hook-up", as my son puts it, you will have "other" considerations. i'm saying that never think anybody is not thinking about some "gain" for themselves. if you always approach it from that angle... you will be in the drivers seat, as far as your life goes.

That sounds a little selfish, and that is what the problem is with Human Kind. Always thinking about them self and how can people benefit me. I rather live my life thinking how can "I" help people instead of how can people help me. If everyone thought my way in terms of helping each other with out looking for some sort of "gain" then humanity would be much more happy and a lot less stressed.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
rotflmao i had too use that internet slang right there guys

help yourselveeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomThought

A classy reply Random

I'm totally with you on this one...I'd much rather try to help someone else out without thinking what I might get in return...I've learned over the years that helping people out with the best intentions tends to come back to you twofold...

Peace

new topics

top topics

join