It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security, Metro Investigate Mysterious Substance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Homeland Security, Metro Investigate Mysterious Substance

www.klas-tv.com

According to Scott Allison of Clark County Fire, they -- along with Homeland Security and Metro -- are investigating some sort of substance that was found in the area of Valley View and Flamingo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just heard this on Klas television Las Vegas, Nevada. The area is full of police along with Homeland Security. The newsperson appeared rather excited. Haz-mat is on the scene with what looks like a whole lot of equipment. This is breaking news.

www.klas-tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nice scoop! I get the feeling we are getting set up for something.
Then again they blow these things out of proportion for ratings and practice.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Maybe its viral marketing for the release of Rainbow Six Vegas 2!
I know I got my copy reserved.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by scooler1]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Preliminary investigation is Ricin and Castor Beans and powder,
They say it is contained in a room and not a terror incident,
They believe its an isolated incident, Room has been quarentined
However they said its not illegal to make Ricin???
Only known "legal" use is for Cancer research

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Eagle1229]
CDC Ricin Info
www.bt.cdc.gov...

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Eagle1229]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Eyewitness News has been told more federal agents will be arriving. Ambulances are also coming and going from the scene, but there are no injuries

www.klas-tv.com...

Something tells me this person wasn't doing Cancer research.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I read true crime books a lot. Using castor beans IS a method of poisoning someone you dont like, and has been used before in the past. Maybe that is what is going down.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Excellent find.

Nope, no cancer research going on here, IMO. I hadn't seen this news because I'm glued to the ATS boards.

I think WW3 may be going on right under our noses and TPTB failed to inform us plebians.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm going to repost this link concerning ricin.

www.bt.cdc.gov...

Now I've heard about 4 people have been taken to the hospital. Also the news stated that Terrorists have been know to use this in an attack and for assassinations. They don't seem to be holding back any words!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Homeland Security, Police, and the National Guard are there. The head of Homeland Security said, they didn't believe it to be a Terrorist attack,
but ricin can be extremely deadly. The streets are block off, in the area.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Tokyo subway attacks by Aum Shin Riko were ricin gas I think. Is there anything going on this weekend?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
More links for your information

www.ktnv.com...

www.fox5vegas.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Nascar is going on stikkinikki.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just drove by that area, a few streets are still closed off.

Mmmm Ricin goes great with breakfast

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Actually, this HS is getting excited over nothing and for whatever reason I miss eating those powered candy in a straw during my childhood. There's nothing like inhaling sugar into the lung -- cough, cough. Good! Mysterious substance, indeed!

[edit on 2008-2-29 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
The Tokyo subway attacks by Aum Shin Riko were ricin gas I think. Is there anything going on this weekend?

I believe that was sarin contained in bottles wrapped in newspaper. Once the containers were struck, the sarin then became airborn.

Ricin is typically deployed in powder form, either to be ingested or inhaled.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just a FYI when I clicked on the streaming media from ktnv I didn't get the standard clip but somehow got the LIVE interview with Police Chief Lombardo interviewed by the news crowd. I missed the first 5 minutes as the volume was so low I could not hear anything but then got my earphones and was able to pick up the info in my first reply. The whole interview was about 10 minutes.

Lombardo said precautionary tests were also done a room in the Excalibur hotel, where the friend or relative had been saying. He said they came back negative.

Suey said the manufacture of ricin is a crime, (So now its a crime Lombardo said last night it wasn't a crime to make Ricin) but it was not clear the substance found belonged to the man, who was hospitalized in critical condition Feb. 14 after summoning an ambulance to the motel and complaining of respiratory distress.

The manager had begun an eviction because the sick man hadn't paid his bill, and the friend or relative had gone to retrieve his items, she said. (Nice to know life goes on even when
your in a coma)

top topics

join