It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trade center plans unvealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just read something on new plans for the WTC site. If you want to read it, I'll try to get a hyperlink by tomorrow.

2 of the plans are for the world's tallest builing. Others are for memorials and smaller buildings.
Put your comments here.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think that we should just have a memorial. Nothing more. A large garden or something of that nature. Or just build a new set of towers in the memorial.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One of the things they suggested was (I think) double-reflection pools with ,like.... Small statues of the WTCT.... I think..... That was for a memorial, obviously, so....

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i heard that they were supossed to rebuild one of the building and have a mimorial at the other site.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There was a tolerably informative "special" on this on BBC World Service this morning (my time) and the general impression was that this will be a tall, impressive, architecturally-ambitious, structure: not a simple memorial.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A split thread, alas,
but quite a nice "slide show" of the designs on the London Times' page here:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've always liked this design the best:

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerald Bostock

But... um.... That kinda has "Hit me al Qaeda" written all over it... dunnit?

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I remember seeing that shortly after the attacks. You just gotta love that statement! (Of course, some nice anti-aircraft batteries on top of each finger would be needed...)

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior

Originally posted by Gerald Bostock

But... um.... That kinda has "Hit me al Qaeda" written all over it... dunnit?

I doubt tjat al-Qaeda would strike the same place again, plus we would be prepared.

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hate to sound like a pessimist, but they'll end up finding a way. I mean, they bombing the former WTC in '93, and the they caused 'em to collapse. They'll unfortunately find a way, although by that time Osama himself may be the only one left... in which case... WOOHOO!! Bye bye OBL!!

new topics

top topics

join