It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbor rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
First of all i dont live in the best of neighborhoods I live in "the ghetto" theres a shooting every other day always hearing sirens etc.. so many (hate to use the word ) dumb people live here. uneducated and just disrespectful to others.
I live here because financial reasons for the time being.

anyway so my apartment complex is small and funky . the neighbors can be nice but one problem i have is WHY MUST YOU PLAY MUSIC EXTREMELY LOUD! at 8 am@!! it is STILL GOING ON. its 11 03am now. honestly WHY WHY WHY SOO LOUD? at that hour okay on a weekend / at a party okay cool but why 8 am??? some people work late hours therefore sleep in later in the morning.. why hfkbshgbfsd it really is pissing me off lately. its so loud i feel the stupid rumble Plus they have kids! one is like 1 year old the other is about 4 years old. umm isn't that bad for their ears?? i try banging on the wall but i doubt they hear it / and im not one to cause drama with neighbors. but i feel i should say something or maybe get the landlord (who happens to me by aunt) to say something??? i feel its just so rude and just plain annoying. no one NEEDS to listen to music that loudly. im not some old grumpy lady or anything im 24 i just never felt the need to play music that loudly. what blows my mind is they do it with the kids. the kids are going to grow up thinking its ok or something

the cycle.
plus they play that reggaeton music and the mexican mariachi music . both have bass and rumble. ugh. can someone call the police or not because its the day time?. why cant they just wear head phones? or keep it at a normal level where only they can hear it? it doesnt help that i am PMSing now hahaa but it makes me even more annoyed than ever .:bnghd:

god the music is stll going on. and it sounds like the same two songs over and over. they were also playing a chipmunk version of YMCA sooo loud. so i know its for the kids. what are the teaching their kids here? its okay to be loud at this hour and not care if others are sleeping or possibly have different work hours than them? ughfbsh
ok end

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We had the same problem in our neighborhood a few years back. My mother tried complaining to the offending neighbors but they just said rude things and kept playing their music. It was rap. My mother listens to country. She finally got fed up with it and brought her speakers out on the front porch, aimed them at the neighbors house and put in a religious preacher taped sermon. Cranked it up to full blast. About an hour later, she brought the speakers in and she hasn't had any more trouble from the noisy neighbors. They got the message. Literally.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
OMG!! I understand ya problem completely. We had one of those "neighbors" for several years and obnoxious is a mild portrayl of his behaviors. I wanted that man to move so bad I cried. Anyways, he had a very sad ending and is no longer among us. Hang in there and maybe you'll get the chance to move to better surroundings...soon.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm from the ghetto too
...we get that all the time.

Let's see, we have the loud boom base cars, the Mexican mariachi music, oh and the loud motorcyclists. First is was the Hells Angels back in the day but now it's a younger group of loud boom base Harley driving motorcycles. We get high speed chases on our street at times. I remember when I was a girl, two guys in a Cadillac plowed right through our elderly neighbor's wooden fence.

Another time, a lady who was smoking a cigarette threw the butt end of it on the vacant lot next to our house and caught it on fire. She tried to use her sweater to put it out but that just made it worse. Our other neighbors house caught on fire couple years ago. My friend said that they were probably using too much incense, they're palm readers.

I got crazy women in the back of our house that chain smoke and scream. The gypsy neighbors scream sometimes too. Their kids used to jump over our fence and steal things but that stopped when we put cameras up. They got nasty garbage and once they couldn't open up their fence and used their bare hands to throw it (the whole can) over the fence. Another time they got stuck and couldn't get in their house and used a crow bar to get the window opened. Their kids jump off the garage roof when they can.

We got prostitutes being dropped off across the street. A homeless man who lives at the fast food joint and out of his mind. Illegals waiting to get picked up for a job. Hmm...what else...pollution from the factories in the neighborhood. We have to keep our doors closed and the air filter running. The streets have junk in certain spots, like it was a dumping ground. We have people pushing shopping carts filled with recyclables or opp (other peoples property), shootings, kids throwing their school lunch on our yard. On special occasions we sometimes get milkshakes thrown at our house.

Yup, helicopter is circling our house right now. Our neighborhood was also on national news for sideshows. Oh yea, can't forget that mysterious ice chunk that fell from a clear blue sky, that made news too

But yea, the noise is annoying. I used to have a friend whose brother drove down the street with his music blaring. I'm having issues with my hearing because of stupid stuff like that. Her little brother was 6 at the time and was having hearing issues in his left ear. When I was younger the neighbor next door would blast his Mexican music and start singing while he was drunk. It always happened when he and his wife got into arguments.

Even though I'm in a not so good neighborhood, it's a constant reminder that my life could be worse. I never in a million years thought I'd be back in my old neighborhood. But things in life don't turn out the way you like. Now that doesn't mean I sit here and feel sorry for myself. Just because you live in it, doesn't mean you have to be a part of it.

What you could do is file a complaint with the landlord, or call the non-emergency number to the police and get directed to their sound ordinance department. They may end up dispatching a cop to the location so they can quiet it down. Hell, we had to call the cops on our neighbors. It was either that or just wait till one of their kids slipped off the roof and fell onto the iron spiked fence. Sometimes you have to think for others sad to say. Or, you could do what whitewave's mother did.

Here we go again. I hear someone with their car music on really loud now playing "Papa was a rolling stone". And an old Chinese woman going through our neighbors garbage looking for cans.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by DearWife]

top topics

join