It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old lady keeps sisters body in bedroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
This is utter crazyness!! how did nobody notice the sister had died.. and surley the body would have started decaying !

And its surly obvious that the sister needs help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BODY LAY IN HOUSE FOR YEAR

An elderly Irishwoman shared a room with her sister's corpse for up to a year - and sometimes slept with it in the same bed, it has been reported.

Mary Ellen Lyons kept her sister Agnes's death to herself.

Even their brother Michael, who lived in the same remote bungalow in rural western Ireland, did not about it.

An inquest was told Agnes probably died in 2002 at the age of 70.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I bet those pic's are interesting

Hopefully Ogrish.com will come through

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
it's not so much the sister needs help. perhaps the two were very close, and when one dies, denial kicks into place, i'm sure she had conversations with the body, etc. It's kind of like when a person has a loved one die in their arms, and they refuse to let go until someone pulls them apart. This sister probably died right in the room, so unless the sister was killed by the other sister, it's purely the act of being unable to let go rather than mental instability and craze.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker
I bet those pic's are interesting

Hopefully Ogrish.com will come through

What pics there is no links to any pics.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Something similar happened recently with a man in Britain. He lived with his dead brother for 18 months...

Here's the stroy...

Man Lived with dead brother for 18 months

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Silver said he had thought it a "bit odd" when his brother failed to emerge from his bedroom in the tiny home they shared in Blissford, southern England, but told the Daily Mirror:

"George liked to keep himself to himself, and to be honest so do I." A postmortem indicated George Silver had been dead for up to 18 months.

A little bit on the slow side.........

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

"There is no way that Michael would open the door of a woman's room," a neighbour told the inquest.
"They wouldn't even watch the television if there was a woman on it. They were from a different era."

Very odd....No offense to anyone but maybe there was environmental retardation involved? The parents could have been wierd and caused their kids to grow up and be wierder.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
18 months is a long time. You'd think he would at least wonder at some point, 'Hey, I haven't seen my brother in a while. I wonder what he's up to.' Not to mention the smell.
It's sad, though.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This story seems quite old...I am quite sure this happened in the city I live in, since I saw it in the paper a long while ago.

They never really slept in the same room though, in the article from the paper it said she left her in the bed and put tape around the door. She said she was lonely so she kept her sister around.

Unless the stories happen to be very simillar, but two stories like this seem unlikely.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
QuestForSfety.......i seriously hope that ur not a michael jackson fan...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
awwww......the woman was probably very close to her sister and didnt want to except that she was dead....maybe she thought that if she just acted normal as though her sister was still there, then she wouldnt have to except her death and that to her, her sister is still alive.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
QuestForSfety.......i seriously hope that ur not a michael jackson fan...

Is it that noticable?

top topics

join