It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook fake prince jailed for 3 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

PARIS, France (AP) -- A 26-year-old engineer has been sentenced to three years in prison for creating a fake profile of the younger brother of Moroccan King Mohammed VI on the popular Internet networking site Facebook.

A court in Casablanca on Friday convicted Fouad Mourtada of "usurping the identity of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid," and faking computer documents, the official MAP news agency reported. He was also fined $1,300.

Mourtada's lawyers said they would appeal, the report said. They had sought to have the case thrown out on the grounds that he had been held too long in provisional custody after his arrest on February 6.

The case has gained widespread attention in the North African kingdom, and spurred an online campaign of his supporters who have appealed in writing to the prince for clemency.

info from CNN Fake Facebook profile leads to jailtime

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Headlines like this make me glad I have the freedom of Speach and Fair Trial.

Think about all the phishing pages that go up now and all the hacking of Myspace pages and so forth, That would be alot of jail time for people, here in america, We have fake pages for everyone who is halfway famous.

I hope this guy doesnt get too much trouble from this but he did talk about his Ruler/ Mainman. not a smart move IMO.

new topics

join