It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Team EASTCOAST USA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hello saw the UK thread and wanted to get a thread for eastcoast USA, seeing how we have more cities and most likely more problems to deal with in reguards to the masses, im wondering if anyone has any routes or safe bets of where they would go in case of a emergency,

I live in baltimore maryland, well actually 30 mins northwest, my plan is to have my fam meet me either at home if not too serious or outside city limits of my local city, we will then head west to the appalachian mtn range and head south till we reach ashville, NC, why the mtn range, well, since they are away from most cities, not in the minds of most folks to goto, an it provides the most shelter in caverns and caves then the area i live in now, not to mention theres no way in hadas im taking my family to a mass shelter....

specialy since i have small kids. and my wife is manic, people of that varity in such a state of distress would only cuz her a episode.

Now for gas, i understand that even if i was able to bring extra tanks an such, Im not gettin very far, maybe to the mtn range but who knows how far afterwardsbut like i said, id rather hike thru the mtns then hike thru communities and major thruofares.

Yes its a hairbrained escape plan, but the Masses will be a number 1 danger IMO.

What about everyone else, whats your plans ideas escape routes? And do you have any gear already packed? I have a bugout bag, an 2 duffle bags with basic survival gear, but not protective gear yet as im shoppin around for
some serious stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I too saw the UK survival thread but in my case I wasn't going to reply.. However...

Firstly, your survival in whatever scenario comes to pass will be dependant on 'pure' luck, so should you survive the initial outcome of the disaster (take your pick, there are many scenarios outlined here on ATS ) you will be faced with an organised force that has had years to learn to out think and out manoeuvre any attempts of the survivors to escape into the mountains desolate areas of your country.

Unless you have connections, the best chance of survival is to hide amongst the survivors and 'hope' some share your desire to survive. If you cannot escape your enemy, then you must comply untill such time you can escape with any degree of success.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Excellent im not the only one who would like to start a survival group!

Just as a point if we can get ourselves into these groups then we will be of a liked mind! Good Luck east coast survival and may god speed a hearty recruitment.

The Uk survival team isn't really getting much attention just yet but when it's too late at least i tried.....

Peace be in our time...

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I hate to break it to you and I know it sounds very mercenary but when SitX happens it will be everyman for himself - at least until things settle down signifcantly and even then information will be power. Why give it away now?

I suggest that you do not post detailed plans on the internet for any and everyone to see or you will be scrapping for resources all along your planned route/journey or in your general area. Hell, you'll have to scrap even if you don't post it.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Why go to the mountains when you've got hundreds of miles of coast line and rivers hide a house boat in? Or the very rich Eastern NC swamps and lowland forests? Half a mile of muddy road is probably as good a defense as hiding in a mountain cave to most of the urban horde who've never been off-road. You have the western parts of both Maryland and Virginia which are much closer than Asheville,NC and are probably just wild and empty. Where do you think all those folk from the big cities in NC are going to be heading?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
very true, and honestly this isnt even my real information, i wouldnt never put detailed plans online, I dont even live in baltimore lol..... But close >

And Eventualy I will get to ashville " area " Not ashville itself, I havent even been down there in years, so of course I am going to scout some areas on family trips down there an such.

And I have thought about West virgina for a while now, Maryland hardly has anymore Wild in it I mean they are building homes everywhere even if they wont have people living in them for a few years its kinda sick.

But yes I do know one thing, Nature and Info if your best weapon in a survival situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

You're just practicing a good counter intelligence practice: disinfo

Given the choice, you should always choose going towards the water and not away it from except in the case of hurricane or tidal wave. 10-20 miles in from the coast seems to be the right distance. NOLA was below the sea level and Lake Pontchatrain which is why it flooded. Water is life. When our level of technology was just better than the other primates, we left the mother continent and spread out by following the sea shore. The shore is a rich source of food. Same with rivers and lakes. Which is why it's always considered such prime real estate.

River bottom land is usually the best place to grow food as well. Look for good black earth. That where you want to plant crops.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
stay away from the west virgina area didn't you see the movies wrong turn and wrong turn to those hills are alive with the sound of cannible deformed freaks. just kidding. but i wouldn't recommend taking your family hiking thru the montains for many reasons.
1 montain folk don't like outsiders
2 bears and cougars and wolves
3 at night it can get very xcold very fast
4 if you live at sea level then higher elevations might tire you out faster
so unless you are well versed in camping and surving in wild that would
be a bad choice

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
this is why i posted, others people input is greatly treasured,

the thing with not wanting to goto the coast lies on the amount of people already there... if i went to the coast it would be via a huge U shape from where I live near baltimore, to a certain coastal spot on the carolina shore.

But the mountains are where I grew up, I was born in NC on a pig farm, half of my life was spent a country boy, the other half urban punker. I also collect stealth weapons, lol I dunno why but have always loved covert weapontry, my grandfather was a gunsmith an i even had my own kid sized .22 when i was 8, hunting fishing an hiking is all I did growing up, i just feel natural and safer in the sticks. Yes I know bout our country folk, But im as anti social as a field mouse, But am a Great actor, lol

My Pros about the sticks compared to the coast is that its about 100 times easy to take a chooper or drone along the coastline an spot settlements then it is to spot forest or cave encampments. Not to mention mtns have the best source of drinking water I know of since every spring water bottling company gets there drink from the Millions of springs along this local mtn range Specialy deerpark....

Im thinking of Self suficent* areas, we also have a great deal of lakes, rivers, and ponds not to mention a heavy deer population, I would just feel better taking my family on a very long extented camping trip then to hike thru every major infested city or town from here to my final destination would lead my family thru more dangers then I could ever see in the forests, seeing how where I live there is about 20 million people between the 3 state routes I would be able to take to get to my G spot rather then my Speicalized U turn lol hopeful no freakishly odd wackos will be trying to tenderize us for some jerky.

with the sleeping an rest during the day an ahike at night motto I feel scouting while my fam is in a safe shadow of me then we should have some what of a chance to survive. I just feel Openly being hidden within the masses will just lead to Mooooooooooing an later branding.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I believe the mountains are definitely the best bet in sitX class 4 or 5, but you should familarize your self with your surroundings very quickly and realize that your most important assest is your water source.

Over-population of small camps is a worry. 10 or fewer people would be the way to go.

You have to realize that if sitX is an invasion of the US by foreign military, the coastlines will probably be obliterated anyway, so that option is pretty much not there. Mountains provide the safest shelter, the cleanest water, and the most abundant food. However, I would avoid mountains that are more easily accessable, like ones that have a highway running up them. One of the reasons the interstate system was created was for mass transportation of men, machines, and materials for our armed forces, but that works both ways.

If I were a little further north, I'd head to the smokies, but the roads heading that way would be packed out. So, I'll probably stay in the basement or head to the small mountain to the west of me.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
exactly! An no im not heading to any torist spot, i would get us to a place of best Strategy, Chess will come in handy if this was ever a sitx by the Gooberment, As once I find out its our Gooberment doing this if that ever happens, My family will never leave a certain safeguarded area with plan a,b,c,d,e,f,g, - z so that in the case of my demise, they will know how an where to go, for safety, Plus im not married to a dummy, shes right up there with me in certain aspects, but honestly I have a couple plans already of where to go an what ways to take, an none of them involved a major highway,

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I live in Northern Virginia and would plan on hunkering down at home. I have extra food and water as well as enough guns and ammo to supply a small militia. If you need to leave your residence for one reason or another, you've already lost. I do have family in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia and could shack up with them if necessary, however I would be unable to travel with all the food and water I have stored.

If there are riots in your neighborhood you will want to have several fire extinguishers on hand as well as a plan to fight a fire on your own. I can keep people out of my house no problem, the bodies can pile up at the front door if need be, however the thought of fire scares me some.

My next purchase will be two body armor vests, one for me and one for the lady.

new topics

top topics

join