It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready to Hide Your Guns.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Most small town folks have guns and always have. It's a part of their whole rural identity. I grew up smack in the middle of 200 acres - lots of property - we definitely had guns. For protection. When you have property, you have to have protection. I used to walk miles through the woods, too and felt much safer out there with a gun and all my dogs. You never knew when a pack of wild dogs would be out there, or worse - like the bears in Vermont.

My cousin was right in the middle of her wedding when the L.A. riots happened. Her husband told me that business owners were literally standing on their roofs with M-16's just daring anyone to break into their businesses. He said good thing they had their weapons, cuz the police were anywhere but where the looting and crime was happening. He said the public was basically on their own. Not a comforting thought. We had a terrible ice storm last year where I'm at and basically the same scenario happened. There wasn't a whole lot of crime, but the cops were saying basically, sorry folks, but you're on your own. They had to deal with traffic problems city-wide and were too short of manpower to protect anyone. Let's hear it for the state!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
You seriously think our pitiful little handguns would stand up to the U.S military?

Trust me my friend, if the government wanted our rights taken away, they could easily do it and we couldn't do anything about it except rave about how it was unfair the military has nukes and airplanes.

Why do we have to traverse the same terrain?

Why does the citizen need "assault weapons"? Again, learn what your rights are about.
The Founding Fathers knew that government is an inherently evil thing. Power corrupts. But, if the citizenry is armed and of the mindset to declare enough is enough and is willing to take the government back from an arbitrary and tyrannical government gone awry, then the government is less likely to even get that stupid to begin with. The very fact that citizenry is armed can keep the government in check.
What can a measely AR-15 accomplish against a squad of trained infantrymen or MP's? Not much. What can a townfull of irate citizens do? Alot. What can 200 million citizens do against an army, composed of its own people, many of which will have misgivings about attacking their own? Think about it.

To clarify, your sporting rifle was not what the Founding Fathers were protecting. How many of the people in those days do you think had the time to sport shoot, or sport hunt? Quit buying into the liberal destroy-your rights-with-your-blessings propaganda. You think only rednecks and crackheads have weapons? Do you think you are above what the Founding athers figured was your duty and responsibility? Then you are more of the problem than the basic redneck with the hunting rifle and little understanding of the constitution. Your understanding is no more than his, but at least he is already accidentally upholding his responsibility, and you might not want to cross that redneck deer hunter who has amazing tracking abilities and is a self trained crack sniper. What are you going to do when the government goes totally NWO? Shoot them with tears and curses?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any
Guns are a lame, cowardly weapon.

Tell me how you'd protect your family from someone who is a better shot than you?
How would you protect your family from someone who gets to your guns before you do?
Guns ensure nothing but death, they should never have been created.

Now theres someone who doesn't know me.

As stated in my very first sentence, they are my 'last line of defence', I'm more than capable of going toe to toe with any fool who wants to threaten myself or my family. What I'm focussed on more is the worse case scenario...Armed Invasion.

Better shot than me...quite possibly, after all you never know who you may be up against. All I do know is that I have been hunting, target shooting and handling firearms since approx 6 years old. Thats 26 years experience of very regular real world hunting and range training including multiple Awards in Target Shooting using static and moving/pop-up/flip targets at ranges up to 100metres. I'm comfortable that while I may not be a better shot than the person facing me, I know without doubt I'm a better shot than the greater majority of people I may come across.

In NZ our firearms must be secured and disabled. Meaning that they are secured away and a vital component (including ammunition) of them is also securely stored somewhere else. Again, as stated, they are a 'last line of defence' also because of the manner in which they are stored. If someone was to break into my house I may not have time to reach and reassemble my firearms...but I can reach the softball bat and/or the Kukri Fighting Knife beside my bed

Guns ensure nothing but death. Agreed. But...as long as it may also increse the likelihood of life to myself or family, I'm not overly concerned if it ensures death to the scumbag/s who may be a threat to that.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
well danny u are assuming that police and lawenforcement are better shots than all civilians...i can tell from experience in both areas that they are not. the qusetions is what will you are anybody do, well it comes right down to the line???? will the other check be turned, which just means that that check will get punched or will u defend yourself, family and freinds??? bringing a knife to a gunfight doesn't always work.......

they can have my guns when I pry thier cold dead fingers from around thier pens...........

Actually I was thinking more burglars and stuff, not police.
This is all pointless, I doubt any of you will actually have to go through a situation in which you think your gun might be necessary.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
The only people that wants guns banned are COWARDS..plain and simple..You little girls need to grow a sac with some balls in it you scared little cowards..

The only people who want their precious guns are COWARDS who need to hide behind a ranged weapon so they feel safe.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The problem is criminals like for people to feel that way. Forces within the government desperately want the people to feel that way. You have to look at the larger picture.

Most gun owners are fine, upstanding citizens who are very responsible with their firearms. Not to mention very knowledgeable about them. And most gun owners let their children know in no uncertain terms, they will not go near the gun independent of the parent. Some bad shyte does happen, I will grant you that, but not nearly as much as the media makes people think.

If you ever got into a situation where the difference between life and death boiled down to your having a gun, you would be SO glad you had one. For example, let's say you're a girl and your car broke down on a deserted highway and you had to wait for a tow-truck. Some bad hombres show up and you are outnumbered. They're definitely gonna rob and rape you and there's nothing you can do. You have a pistol in your purse that your concerned father gave you. You tell the creeps your getting a cigerette, but instead open up. You have just saved yourself a lot of trauma. Sure a shooting is traumatic, but not nearly as much so as being gang raped.

Just some further thoughts...

What happens when the gangmembers have bigger guns and are faster at pulling it out than you are?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

afraid..why are you such a little coward about this???.

Coward? COWARD? I'm not the one who has to hide behind evil, life taking weapons you ingorant #. I understand there is need for guns, but not in small towns, not in gang ridden neigbourhoods and not in the hands of depressed teenage kids and children. GUN LAWS ALLOW THSES THINGS TO HAPPEN. The only cowards are people who need guns to feel safe. I don't.

Small towns dont need guns huh?? Well where I lived in New Hampshire[pop. 1250] I can almost garuntee that everyone in the town owned a gun.What about the bears??This is a real issue up there sir...bears are rampant and will not hesitate to bust down you door or smash up your car..What are you gonna do with out your gun??? throw a brick at him???You say BAN ALL GUNS....your a moron!!!!

Here's an idea, DON'T LIVE ON BEAR TERRITORY!
Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The problem is criminals like for people to feel that way. Forces within the government desperately want the people to feel that way. You have to look at the larger picture.

Most gun owners are fine, upstanding citizens who are very responsible with their firearms. Not to mention very knowledgeable about them. And most gun owners let their children know in no uncertain terms, they will not go near the gun independent of the parent. Some bad shyte does happen, I will grant you that, but not nearly as much as the media makes people think.

If you ever got into a situation where the difference between life and death boiled down to your having a gun, you would be SO glad you had one. For example, let's say you're a girl and your car broke down on a deserted highway and you had to wait for a tow-truck. Some bad hombres show up and you are outnumbered. They're definitely gonna rob and rape you and there's nothing you can do. You have a pistol in your purse that your concerned father gave you. You tell the creeps your getting a cigerette, but instead open up. You have just saved yourself a lot of trauma. Sure a shooting is traumatic, but not nearly as much so as being gang raped.

What happens when the gangmembers have bigger guns and are faster at pulling it out than you are?

The same thing that happens when you dont have a gun.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Guns are a lame, cowardly weapon.

Tell me how you'd protect your family from someone who is a better shot than you?
How would you protect your family from someone who gets to your guns before you do?
Guns ensure nothing but death, they should never have been created.

Now theres someone who doesn't know me.

As stated in my very first sentence, they are my 'last line of defence', I'm more than capable of going toe to toe with any fool who wants to threaten myself or my family. What I'm focussed on more is the worse case scenario...Armed Invasion.

Better shot than me...quite possibly, after all you never know who you may be up against. All I do know is that I have been hunting, target shooting and handling firearms since approx 6 years old. Thats 26 years experience of very regular real world hunting and range training including multiple Awards in Target Shooting using static and moving/pop-up/flip targets at ranges up to 100metres. I'm comfortable that while I may not be a better shot than the person facing me, I know without doubt I'm a better shot than the greater majority of people I may come across.

In NZ our firearms must be secured and disabled. Meaning that they are secured away and a vital component (including ammunition) of them is also securely stored somewhere else. Again, as stated, they are a 'last line of defence' also because of the manner in which they are stored. If someone was to break into my house I may not have time to reach and reassemble my firearms...but I can reach the softball bat and/or the Kukri Fighting Knife beside my bed

Guns ensure nothing but death. Agreed. But...as long as it may also increse the likelihood of life to myself or family, I'm not overly concerned if it ensures death to the scumbag/s who may be a threat to that.

Peace,
ALIEN

Then you're gun's not the last line of defence, YOU are.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

So you think these big bad hombres aren't going to have guns which are easily available because they aren't banned?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Not quite, there's something called, a choice, im all pro-choice.

And the choices are;

run, or shoot-out.

Sounds alot better to me then;

Cry like a wuss for mercy, or run.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

Not quite, there's something called, a choice, im all pro-choice.

And the choices are;

run, or shoot-out.

Sounds alot better to me then;

Cry like a wuss for mercy, or run.

I'm thinking the girl who's just been given a gun by her daddy will probably not survive should there be a shoot out. I'm thinking she'd be the run away and call for help kind. Just like most of the population of the world would be.
I'm thinking the big bad guys would have more bullets, more angles and a lot more time on their hands than a single girl.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
if guns in the hands of the citizens means nothing to the govt 'cept to save the lives of innocent women and children...why is it that when the the u.s. invade a country, one of the first things that is done is to remove all guns from the population??
wiat..wait..I'll answer that...BECAUSE IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN CONTROLLING THE POPULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by �anyThen you're gun's not the last line of defence, YOU are.

...actually my gun AND myself are...two can play the 'lets be pendantic' game...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
....gotta love assumptions...

Originally posted by �anyThis is all pointless, I doubt any of you will actually have to go through a situation in which you think your gun might be necessary.

...doubting is of course your right. But personal experience speaks otherwise.

Originally posted by �anyThe only people who want their precious guns are COWARDS who need to hide behind a ranged weapon so they feel safe.

...partially correct...but more safer against intruders/invaders etc armed with firearms in particular. I'm confident in my abilities to handle unarmed intruders (again life experience, size, strength, skill/training) and even those armed with knives or striking weapons (again, experience)...but I'd be foolish to think I could take someone who was holding a firearm. Thats just silly. No thanks...in those situations I'd increase my chances of survival, and that of those I protect, by being a 'coward' and snatching up the Mossberg.

Originally posted by �anyWhat happens when the gangmembers have bigger guns and are faster at pulling it out than you are?

...then you get smoked...plain and simple. Though how is that different than standing there waving a bunch of flowers at them and telling them what naughty boys they are for brandishing firearms? Sorry, again, I'd choose to increase my likelihood of survival by being in possession of some ability to ensure its not ME with high velocity lead poisoning.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
so its bad to have guns but not bad to join the military, who have super duper big guns?

if you want guns, ok

if you think they are evil, no one cares, you arent going to change it

that sounded harsh

GOOD

HARSH LIKE GUNS

GUNS LIKE.....WHAT..THAT SOUNDED LIKE?

KABOOM!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join