It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we own the skie... The tanks are just an after thought

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I also think without ground forces a country could not win. Not only this, but they would be prone to invasion.

Think with some logic: what would USA do if they were invaded on land, bomb their own country?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm just not getting it. Are you saying that the U.S. will win wars using just satillites?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
hey revenge
theese weapons and others are on sattelites that are in orbit at this moment.
thank you for your thread

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You cant win a war with JUST air power but you cant win one without it either

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Napolean did.......................

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
You cant win a war with JUST air power but you cant win one without it either

Very true.

Just air or just land will not win the war these days.

But if you have a good combonation of both...

Well then we are talking.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

He did cause others didnt have air weapons either.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

A dozen or so BI-Planes on the other side would have made a world of difference much less the jets they have today.

But to hold ground you MUST have boots on the ground.

There is no subsistitute

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
well intrepid you are starting to understand my original posting..... theese weapons are able able to fry large areas ......every living thing in this area will be dead ..... unless you are quite deep underground you will die... it wont matter if you are in a tank or what ever
you wont have to occupy a territory to have it under your control......mind blowing isnt it.... the other weapons will fry everything electrical so it would make it useless if you came up from under ground.... satellite surveilance would be on theese areas constantly once they did show themselves after they came from deep underground... and theyd fry them again.....ill state this one final time. ....making conventional warfare as we know it ..obselete.....people are not reading the entire posting that i put up in the first place.... they are talking about planes and stuff and not the final thing i put in that posting

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What you are talking about is genocide, and I think that even to far for Bush. Just because you can do something isn't going to make it happen. No nukes since WW2. Besides why would you just wipe out an enemy an not occupy?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
man intrepid : i wish i could make you understand
we can wipe an area the size of garbage can right up to several square miles... it is not genocide im talking about. this weapon is so concise and precise it will almost eliminate secondary casulties. it has nothing to do with nukes my friend ...why do we keep adding things that have nothing to do with what im talking about???????????

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
also you dont have to occupy when all the forces of the opposition are gone.. you can stay right where your at safe and sound in the mothers womb

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Still not listening, even with your new weapons, if enemies managed to invade your own country, are you going to fry up the State nearest the enemies?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I understand the capabillities that these satellites have, my question is, are the satellite going to occupy the area taken, because that sound too much like "The Terminator."

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
intrepid .... i give up ... yeah man the satelites are gonna come down and occupy the territory... man do i sound stupid ... but it will make you happy ... the terminator...oh my goodness....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
quest for safety ...if you had read my replies you would have seen that theese weapons can fry very small areas
not only that but could you explain how they could invade the u.s without us knowing it ?? they could not ......we would fry them if they tried a invasion before the hit the shore...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
please people take a minute or two of critical thinking and reasoning before posting a thread ...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Dude, you are thinking about an action, not an objective. This is it. Sure you can take an area, WHY?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Critical reasoning indeed, how small an area? If they are walking through your streets you will not damage your own people.

Of course someone could get in, Canada for one is right on the populated borders. Other countries could just use stealth boats or something to ship troops over inside. What if they took control of these satellites?

Of course, even more accurate, what if the satellites did not exist? 'Frying' small areas sounds a bit farfetched, the ones I saw plans for use lasers to TARGET lock, not melt things, then fire missles that destroy large areas, meant to pinpoint bunkers, or destroy incoming large nuclear missles, to prevent damage to ones own country.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
its true our government right from the beggining had planned never to win vietnam... it was a test at the sacrafice of many people.I just want people to think and use there minds and realize that this war just maybe wasnt about stopping communism but a conflict to use new weaponry and create money for big military corporations ... so many people still do not beleive this to be the truth...in my heart i know it is...... we could have won this war in a short time.. it just was never in the plans.... Now mr. Revenge i want to thank you much for going back to the oringinal posting.... there are sattelites in space right now that our government has not even used in any conflict that is going to change the face of conventional warfare as we know it today .... theese guys had no remarks to make concerning my thread other than to systematicaly take apart what i said and turn into something different... the new weapons that you spoke of can take troop concentrations and tanks from outer space and fry them into oblivion ...since theese jokers didnt know the first thing about them and couldnt intelligently respond the first thing they did was to react emotionaly and feed there egos on a subject that was almost completely greek to them
thank you both for clearing the air

First of all, about the US not planning to win Vietnam, you give us your thoughts and the proof to back up said claim is "the truth...in my heart i know it is". And here you have been claiming people don't use their logic...

Second, you cliam such knowledge of this "death-ray" that can fry large areas (or small ones) from space. Just say for a moment I believe the claim (from someone who just "feels it is true") then what is the whole point about tanks? You think that they cannot be shielded? Just about any "ray" weapon made can be shielded against, and then that leaves the space weapon useless. How about a big mirrored tank? How about smoke cloud release over the battle area? You do understand how a laser operates I assume, or are these micro/gamma/unknown rays?

I'm not sure I get the overall point you keep trying to hammer people with about the "death-ray" satellites. But to call people jokers and claim their lack of intellegence is poor form. If that many people don't get the point, possibly it's because you are not making it. Probably one of the first lessons a manager, a teacher, or a coach learns.

Maybe take a step back and try and accurately re-form what you are trying to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join