It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we own the skie... The tanks are just an after thought

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well well .. what a fuss is being made about all this tank buisness... egos being injured and what not... now im not for war and not the biggest fan of my government and all there shady deals... But i will say this we OWN THE SKIES... until some one can stand up to the u.s in the skies and on the ocean it wont matter how many tanks and how good they are...they are just targets for our air force and for some stuff that exists that we did not even use during any recent conflicts.. its mostly satellite based and highly secret... just talking about it gets the nsa all bent out of shape ... i know my damn phone at work is freaking bugged!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Russian tank general meets up with another tank general under the eiffel tower for tea after the conquest of europe by russia.

General 1: Aloha Comrade, Do you know who won the air war?
General 2: Not sure, i think Nato did.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
excuse me but the russian generals would be dead and
the tanks they were riding in would be gone...
the satellites that you know nothing of would make sure of that

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Not all conflicts can be won by air and naval prowess. You still need artillery and infantry. Sorry guys, but look at Nam, the U.S. had superior armaments in these areas and that didn't assure success.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
excuse me but the russian generals would be dead and
the tanks they were riding in would be gone...
the satellites that you know nothing of would make sure of that

Making a presumption about the knowledge of a fellow member is very unwise.

Especially when you appear to know very little yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
infantry and armored units are just as important as air and sea. the air units just go in first to weaken the enemy for the infantry to minimize our casualties... at least, that's how i thought it worked.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Kid you ain't wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
wow ,never really presumed u didnt know much but by your response you know very little of technology that is in space right at this moment that will make conventional warfare as we know it obselete
as an adendum weve got the nukes that they cant touch and we can shoot theres down even before they get out of there air space... doesnt matter any way..
im not offended by what yu said mr smiter of the stupid... certainly a title that feeds your egoistic intelligence .. its always the same with theese types ..since a remark cant be made to increase the validity of what i said its much easier to say i know nothing

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Skies, we all know what is in orbit, I saw Enemy of the State, so it must be true. Nukes, been around almost 60 years and nobody has been stupid enough to use them once more than 1 country had them. Chill man.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We "lost" nam because we did not have the balls to flatten the jungle. At the expense of our soldiers lives.

Period. We had the airpower/ firepower to level the entire jungle if we wanted. But because of civic pressure. international etc. The US refrained from destroying the jungle cover. So we threw thousands of soliders into a battle they could never win on the ground.

The US goverment at the time cared more about international treaties then its soldiers.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Skies, we all know what is in orbit, I saw Enemy of the State, so it must be true.

haha that really cracked me up... intrepid, you usually say good stuff, but man... most of what movies is real, or out dated.... i bet there are satellites that can look "sideways" though.

and robertfenix, that is EXACTLY why we lost nam...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, I have heard that joke to, but my version better, to me anyways.

A German, Russian, American, Frenchmen, Englishmen, and Canadian(yes, figured I'd throw a canuk in) meet in Moscow. German turns to the others. "So, who won the air war?" "Not sure, heard Japan was kicking our ass over in the pacific." Replies the American. "But what about here?" Asks the German "Well, from what I hear no one." Says the Englishmen. "What? No one? But I thought we were bombing your cities into the ground!" "Yes, but then our tanks rolled in and knocked on Hitler's door." After the Russian stops laughing, everyone but the German bust up into laughing.

Anyways, planes are nice, but the people of the army are the ones who make the military.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't know what, if any sat based weapons we have. I do know though that our air force is as close to supremecy as any fighting force in history. case in point is that our F-15's are undefeated with over a hundred kills!

You do need ground forces but tanks are easy targets for 'copters, much less planes, so as far as armor goes, IMHO it is usefull only to physically occupy some place after the former government has been ousted.

As for Vietnam - it is not a fair argument as the US was not allowed to take offensive messures. If we had been allowed to attack the north, the war would have been over in a matter of months, with guarilla type attacks for as long as the occupation lasted.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
mr intrepid .... enlighten me??.... mr phenix you are correct sir... we bombed hanoi right to the peace table and then stopped bombing when they walked away....
we could have won but that is not what nam was about.. my father was in the 1st air calvary and ive made it one of my most studied subjects...oh mr intrepid im chillin its just that you really did not want to admit that my original posting bore more truth than you really felt like intelligently replying to.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
vietnam could have been over in minutes not months
we just had to keep bombing Hanoi while papa Ho's people were at the peace table and it would have been all over.
Tricky dick screwed us and our boys and the people whos fought for and lived in south vietnam

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Sorry guys, the U.S. didn't flatten the jungle, they used napalm to scorch it and A.O. to defoliate it, and it still didn't work. This war was won because the Vietnamese are fighting on their own soil. These peope had had enough of outsiders. Remember the French were there years before the cold war invaded their country. There is no substitute for manpower.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I would say its comforting to know you have no faith....
but its not

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
vietnam could have been over in minutes not months
we just had to keep bombing Hanoi while papa Ho's people were at the peace table and it would have been all over.
Tricky dick screwed us and our boys and the people whos fought for and lived in south vietnam

Do you even realise the implications of an action like that?

America would NEVER be trusted even by its biggest allies.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How old are you?
im sorry but you are in dire need of a correct history lesson concerning the vietnam conflict ... this was not about winning and losing it was about testing new weapons and helping the big money corporations.. oh my goodness the french were there... you mean those guys who built the maginot line ......? I dont think by my reckoning that they have accomplished anything since napoleon was around with out any ones help.
hey buddy one atom bomb on hanoi and war over
we had them at the peace table in 72 and stopped bombing or it was over ....kindly do more study in this area and stop listening to the right wing line about burying vietnam.... they did not win because they were fighting on there on soil ... there is no logic or any kind of proof to back that up

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dude, I lived through the Nam war. Your lucky that I spent my anger earlier this week. Use the internet, don't believe what you learn in school. Teach yourself with books that weren't written in America.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join