It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist The Movie helps the New World Order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Cheeky little bugger.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Not offended at all, Hon. I never took your statements as such.

But the possibility would still stand of this video being NWO propaganda regardless of who had started the thread:

Religion is evil!
Government is evil!
The man wants to control you!
You have been mislead!

Now follow our beautiful music while we lead you off a cliff of 'truth.'

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Totally, totally agree. I hate discussions about religion because it always goes nowhere.

I guess you have to ask, why does the movie start off with a religious slant? It could have just gone into the government/financial rant.

There are plenty of other movies out there that talk about the issues of government and financial conspiracies, but that didn't grab the attention.

Maybe the makers of the movie knew that the facts of religion would grab peoples attention. Call them the New World Order, the Illuminati or the Chicken Eaters. Either way they grabbed peoples attention. You have to admit it's smart.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
It's not just about Christians. Too commonly we see atheists reduce extremely complex topics like this thread into an issue of 'Shutup Christian nobody cares'.

Agreed. This thread could have been started by the channeled spirit of Genghis Kahn for all I care. It still would have brought up the same point. And it's a darn good point. Conspiracy theories regarding conspiracy theories are always the most provocative.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Nothing outside the box? Hmm...

Well, perhaps the perspective that Zeitgeist might be helping what it purports to expose is a little unique. Other than that? Same ol' same ol'.

I guess you were struggling to see the OP's point for some other reason. Silly me, I assumed it was because you are so used to thinking within your atheist-agenda-dominated anti-religious mindset... that is after all, a very popular box nowadays. Lots of people thinking in there.

My what mindset? Since you're apparently slow on the uptake (after all, I believe I'd told you this above five times now...) I am not an atheist. Nor do I hate religion. What they say about assuming is that it makes an ass out of you and me. In this case, it's mostly you.

That said, I have no trouble divining the OP's point. "Zeitgeist turns people against Christianity, and so that helps the NWO establish a new world religion!"

And I'm an apteryx, a wingless bird with hairy feathers!

As I covered in my second post, if there is a NWO, it's most likely being run by Christians. Christianity itself is the closest the world has to a "one world religion" and almoat every Christian wants it to claim that title, "for the good of everyone's souls" or somesuch. This is of course, why you're flat terrified of atheists and seem to not realize there are more than two player pieces to choose in the big board game of spirituality.

Why start a new one, when you can just use the one you already have?

But outside the box, in reality, neither Religion or Atheism has anything to do with the mechanics of the NewWorldOrder and all the things manipulating our society.... it's a non-issue.

Thinking outside the box would allow somebody to see the real issue rather than making it another war-on-religion.... and I think the OP was making an attempt to do just that.

Then it's my firm belief that the OP has you mighty puzzled.

By the way, calling me a Christian when I have not once declared myself to be one is a sign of prejudice. I have said this before, in countless threads, many of which you have been involved in : I am not a Christian, I am simply tired of the constant misdirection and prejudice encouraged by atheist-zealots.

When what the [Mod Edit] up with you calling everyone who disagrees with a Christian on these boards an atheist god-hating zealot?

Now you can claim to be all about 'change'... but being an atheist has nothing to do with that. If all you do is walk around scoffing at religion and blaming harmless individuals for the worlds ills because they follow a spiritual doctrine.... I would have to suggest that you are NOT for change, but are just a modern-day equivalent of the Christian-burning Roman or the Jew-hating Nazi citizen.... you believe religious people are the enemy because you've been indoctrinated into thinking that. You are no more enlightened than the Muslim suicide-bomber or the Spanish Crusader. You are fighting people because you've been told to. It's hard to blame you or anyone else, because you are after all, thinking inside the box.

[SNIP]

[edit on 21-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by sanctum]

[Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 1b. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 23/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Temujin has better things to do with his time. Namely, Khongorzul Ganbat.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Now that was a long-winded way of calling yourself a twat.

Ok, how about we drop the religious slant all together and look at the video without any religious beliefs.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what religion it used as it's first scene. It's the reason behind using religion in the video that's weird.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

Not really. The gist of the video is that "this is how people are lying to you and controlling your life through those lies." As most people in the world are religious, and hte film is being marketed towards English speakers - most of whom are some flavor of Christian - it makes sense to try to "disprove" Christianity. Why put it at the front of the video? Because challenging a person's religion is a great way to grab and keep their attention, even if they're just looking to see what other outrageous stuff you say.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Saying that pretty much everyone in the world is religious is a huge statement. I can pretty much say that in my circle of friends only 5% are religious. Spiritual yes, religious no.

Why not aim at Islam, hasn't Islam taken over or is about to take over Christianity. Although the whole first section pretty much poo poo's all religions. It pretty much says all religions are based on the sun. Right?

The more i think if it the more i think it has nothing to do with the NWO. It just seems to me to be a bloke that doesn't get religion and spun some vague facts together to start off his movie with a bang.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77

Saying that pretty much everyone in the world is religious is a huge statement. I can pretty much say that in my circle of friends only 5% are religious. Spiritual yes, religious no.

Aside from a preening sort of elitism ("Oh, I'm not religious, I'm spiritual!") there's no practical difference between the two. Believe in Jesus? Yer a member of the Christian religion. Same for Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, whoever to have your money on. Yes, most of the world follows some religion or another.

Why not aim at Islam, hasn't Islam taken over or is about to take over Christianity. Although the whole first section pretty much poo poo's all religions. It pretty much says all religions are based on the sun. Right?

Why would it aim at Islam when the target audience isn't muslim? It'd be like having an AARP ad come on during Saturday Morning Cartoons.

The more i think if it the more i think it has nothing to do with the NWO. It just seems to me to be a bloke that doesn't get religion and spun some vague facts together to start off his movie with a bang.

Well, sort of. It covers more subjects than religion, but yeah, it's some guy trying to squeeze a conspiracy grand unification theory into the bowl.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

How does me being spiritual have anything to do with being elitist? Totally disregarding religion/spiritualism would be more elitist in my book.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

In my experience, calling yourself "spiritual" is an attempt for a religious person to make themselves seem / feel superior to other religious people. More "enlightened" and above the fray. Clued in to "deeper truths" or whatever... When there's absolutely no practical difference between the two.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

That said, I have no trouble divining the OP's point. "Zeitgeist turns people against Christianity, and so that helps the NWO establish a new world religion!"

And I'm an apteryx, a wingless bird with hairy feathers!

Yeah. You don't think the conspiracy in the OP is possible. We get it. Making sarcastic comments adds little to the discussion.

As I covered in my second post, if there is a NWO, it's most likely being run by Christians. Christianity itself is the closest the world has to a "one world religion"

What are you even talking about?
Are you so Christaphobic that you would rather attribute the NWO to Christians (who are hardly aware of the NWO to begin with)? Give me a break, pal.

By the way, the most popular religion in the world is Islam. Not Christianity.

If you're going to spend your time attributing all the worlds ills to Christianity on false-pretenses, somebody, somewhere, is going to ask you to be quiet and educate yourself. I am that somebody.

Now that was a long-winded way of calling yourself a twerp. Seriously, what orifice are you yanking this from, and does it hurt?

Language like this is not acceptable on ATS. You have been quoted calling me a 'twat' before you could sneak in your edit.

An alert has been sent. Thanks for wasting our time.

Moving on...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

No mate, not at all. I'm not that type of person at all. I just believe there is something pushing the buttons.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Yeah. You don't think the conspiracy in the OP is possible. We get it. Making sarcastic comments adds little to the discussion.

Your horse seems to have gained several inches of height. What the hell are you feeding it? Wheaties?

More to the point, I don't think attributing any sort of "greater purpose" to zeitgeist makes much sense. The OP's proposal that the film is causing a worldwide abandonment for religion that will allow the NWO to scoop up people in to their own theoretical religion is pretty laughable.

What are you even talking about?
Are you so Christaphobic that you would rather attribute the NWO to Christians (who are hardly aware of the NWO to begin with)? Give me a break, pal.

Not Christians at large, but Christian individuals.

By the way, the most popular religion in the world is Islam. Not Christianity.

Because in your school, 2.2 billion is a smaller number than 1.6 billion?

If you're going to spend your time attributing all the worlds ills to Christianity on false-pretenses, somebody, somewhere, is going to ask you to be quiet and educate yourself. I am that somebody.

You're really having a hard time keeping up, aren't you? You know, for a non-Christian, you sure so seem to revolve the entirity of your posting habits around assuming everyone is out to "get" the religion.

I suppose you identify yourself as "spiritual?"

I attribute the ills of Christianity to Christians - that alone seems to cause enough white-knuckled, frothing anger from people around here. But hte world's ills? The world's ills can be traced to greed and willful ignorance, and has nothing to do with religion.

Somehow, you have turned my hypothesis that the "one world religion" is most likely to be Christianity, and my amusement at the thought that Christians as a whole are an impoverished, downtrodden minority in the world, into me claiming htye are hte root of all evil.

Someone, somewhere, is going to tell you to sit down and close your lying yap. However, I am not that person, because watching you try to bite your own nuts amuses me to no end.

Language like this is not acceptable on ATS. You have been quoted calling me a 'twat' before you could sneak in your edit.

An alert has been sent. Thanks for wasting our time.

Moving on...

You were hte one who made that statement with your hate-filled, screeching, ignorant post. What was it you said?

I would have to suggest that you are NOT for change, but are just a modern-day equivalent of the Christian-burning Roman or the Jew-hating Nazi citizen.... you believe religious people are the enemy because you've been indoctrinated into thinking that. You are no more enlightened than the Muslim suicide-bomber or the Spanish Crusader.

Ah yes, I am a Christian-burning, jew-hating Nazi who is on the same mental scale as a suicide bomber or an inquisitioner.

I figured I would return the sentiment you have so lovelingly expressed here, only with fewer words. I like concentrating things, see?

Funny thing is, for being such a downtrodden, oppressed, disenfranchised minority, Christians sure do get away with a lot of foaming hate-filled drivel here on ATS. Have you noticed?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

More to the point, I don't think attributing any sort of "greater purpose" to zeitgeist makes much sense. The OP's proposal that the film is causing a worldwide abandonment for religion that will allow the NWO to scoop up people in to their own theoretical religion is pretty laughable.

I don't think that is exactly what Amenti is saying. Close, but not exact. For one, if Zeitgeist is the NWO's head propagandist plot then they did a terrible job!

But seriously, in order to bring in the 'new order' you have to get rid of the 'old order.' The world's two largest religions (who happen to be the least likely to 'bend') are based on the belief Jesus actually existed as a historical person- not a pagan sun myth. If you disprove him, you either get the adherents of said religions questioning their own faith or the people who never believed it in the first place to look upon Christians and Muslims like total idiots.

Surely you have seen how many times I've gotten Zeitgeist thrown in my face on ATS. Hence, my signature. They must think I need enlightenment because I haven't seen Zeitgeist and apparently am not aware that everything my beliefs are based on is a sham. But they don't know I'm aware of it and what I think of it so the Zeitgeist spamming continues.

So, no. I don't think Amenti is saying the entirtey of the NWO plot rests in the 'amazing and clever' scheme of Zeitgeist singlehandedly. It's one piece of many. But what you say, and what he implied, is true: The uncompromising religions will need to be thrown down. And like you said, since it is an English video Christianity was the main target but of course if you debunk Christianity then you pretty much debunk Islam.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I don't think that is exactly what Amenti is saying. Close, but not exact. For one, if Zeitgeist is the NWO's head propagandist plot then they did a terrible job!

But seriously, in order to bring in the 'new order' you have to get rid of the 'old order.' The world's two largest religions (who happen to be the least likely to 'bend') are based on the belief Jesus actually existed as a historical person- not a pagan sun myth. If you disprove him, you either get the adherents of said religions questioning their own faith or the people who never believed it in the first place to look upon Christians and Muslims like total idiots.

Surely you have seen how many times I've gotten Zeitgeist thrown in my face on ATS. Hence, my signature. They must think I need enlightenment because I haven't seen Zeitgeist and apparently am not aware that everything my beliefs are based on is a sham. But they don't know I'm aware of it and what I think of it so the Zeitgeist spamming continues.

So, no. I don't think Amenti is saying the entirtey of the NWO plot rests in the 'amazing and clever' scheme of Zeitgeist singlehandedly. It's one piece of many. But what you say, and what he implied, is true: The uncompromising religions will need to be thrown down. And like you said, since it is an English video Christianity was the main target but of course if you debunk Christianity then you pretty much debunk Islam.

bingo.
its like painting a house, you have to scrape off the old paint before you apply the new paint.

but there is another reason the ritualistic illumies want as few real Christians around as possible. but I would have a harder time trying to qualify that to everyone.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Amenti]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
In the end Zeitgeist is just someones opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

No matter what is said in the movie, Christianity will continue to exist.

Yes, Christianity will continue to deny any responsibility (like all religions) it has in making the world just a little more crummy.

And at the same time Christianity (like all religions) will continue to be blamed for things that are really out of it's scope of responsibility.

Let's face it some people just don't want to take responsibility for there own misery or there own happiness.

So in the end if Zeitgeist bothers you just pay it no mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Please allow me to wade into these stormy waters.....

The Catholic church is not a Christian church. That is the most "controlling" of all of larger Christian theme religions. They have HUGE political clout, as well as a lower class base that believe every word the pope says to be "from God". I should not have to explain, to an educated bunch like yourselves, how the Catholic church is only a christian "themed" religion. 'Nuff said there.

Most people who declare themselves to be christians, are not living the lifestyle they preach. It's a lot like Al Gore screaming "global warming" from every rooftop, while flying a private jet around. "Hey, its okay! I bought a forest to offset my footprint!".

So please stop saying things about the christian domination. I consider myself to be a Christian. I F-up a lot. But that was the point of Christ, right? I will say this, I really do go out of my way to help my common man. Not a pat on the back, just a hope that my faith and these acts will allow my soul to cross the barrier.

Back to the OP's point. I do believe that this talk of Alien contact will rely heavily on debunking, if you will, the three faiths. Interestingly enough, this was warned against by revelations. I always wondered how they were going to fool even the most faithful.
Hmmppff... maybe now I know.

The atheists claim to say that religion is intolerant, by being so themselves. Is it so hard to let us have our faith? Is it so hard, in light of all of the RIDICULOUSLY HUGE amount of proof of all things paranormal, alien, and undiscovered in our RIDICULOUSLY HUGE universe, that maybe some of us are right, and some of us are wrong, about what is to come? Spirituality requires no religion, yet tuning in may lead you to one. I feel sorry, as we come to what I believe to be a rare opportunity in this plane of existence, for anyone who truly believes that we come from nothing, and end as nothing. The energy inside you is being crushed by your closed mind. Opening your mind will allow your energy to reconnect with.....well, you will find your own way.

The Nazi's had far less reasons to hate the Jews, and yet look what happened under the right circumstances. I'm sure the Catholic church would easily turn on the Protestants if even half of the conspiracies are true.

I made my point. I am tired, and will regret this post in the morning. -Jason

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti
but there is another reason the ritualistic illumies want as few real Christians around as possible. but I would have a harder time trying to qualify that to everyone.

Hey, throw it out there. I'd like to read your thoughts on the subject. This is the first thread of yours I've been able to participate in from the beginning and it's enjoyable. The kids can play while the adults talk if all they have to say about it are cheap shots lacking any substance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join