It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you stand politically and why?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I guess should correct myself here, when i'm babbling about liberals i'm actually thinking about

Dachle, kerry, clark, edwards, sharpton, and dean, oh yes, and al gore...

I'm sure there are wonderful honest logical democrats out there... But those ones above are such hypocrits and asz backwards people... So yes, they piss me off.
Quite a bit actually... Could ya tell..

my bad.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This is how you debate "with sense and logic without namecalling"? Are you pulling my leg or drunk?

I'm hoping you're some closet liberal just here to make fun of Republicans by acting like a full blown unredeemed hypocrite... but I've seen you around, so I'm going with "drunk".

That's the nicest adjective I can think of to explain your "logic" right now. How bout pouring me one?

Are you blind??? I didn't see me post anything about debating......

If you didn't notice, I was "ranting"

Do you see what I mean trueillusion??

They will harp on you whenever they get the chance to, even if you didn't say something they will talk like you did... It's just cuz they don't really pay careful attention and choose to jump before actually look...

So obviously I think I was """"" biotchin""""" not "debating"
my god....

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Libertarian

I dream of some day living in the land of the free and home of the brave you know what america was meant to be. All I have seen from BOTH other parties is people wanting to take away more and more of my rights.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
1. Legalization of drugs
2. Legalization of prostitution
3. Return to the gold standard as currency value
4. Dismantling of the FBI, CIA, DIA, DEA, BATF, among others
5. Return of all American troops based abroad to the mainland.
6. Reduction of American military force. Military to be used only in event of invasion.
7. Open border policy
8. Decentralization of government from Washington, to state and local.

That IS why I support them

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Are you blind??? I didn't see me post anything about debating......

Um, okay...

Originally posted by TrueLies
Basically right wing is the better of the two because at least they can debate with sense and logic, not without getting emotional and name calling, which is what lefties do...

Enjoy your rant.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My party, the Guns and Dope Party, invites extremists of both right and left to unite behind our shared goals of:

Get those pointy-headed Washington bureaucrats off our backs and off our fronts too!

Guns for everybody who wants them; no guns for those who don't want them

Drugs for everybody who wants them; no drugs for those who don't want them

Freedom of choice, free love,free speech, free Internet and free beer

California secession -- Keep the anti-gun and ant-dope fanatics on the Eastern side of the Rockies

Lotsa wild parties every night by gun-toting dopers

Animal protection -- Support your right to keep and arm bears

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Satyricon

You are almost a libertarian welcome

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
dayam straight. what say me and you in 2008, together we can turn this nation around

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am greatful for this thread as I have not been able to pidgeon-hole my political stance. I am for the legalization of pot, though I would no longer use it and I'm in favour of the death penalty. WTF. Thanks to you all, I know I'm a centralized libertarian.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Democrat if I have to choose

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
TrueLies,
You need to make a clearer distinction between democrats and liberals. I'm an uber-liberal but I'm no democrat. Actually I'm a libertarian/anarchist like you. But just because I don't appreciate an all pervasive government does not mean I'm a conservative.

Learn the distinctions between liberal and democrat and republican and conservative. hile you're at it learn the distinctions between authoritarian and anarchist. You don't want to proclaim on ATS how foolish you are because you don't know what you're talking about and end up looking like a walking contradiction, do you?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
1. Legalization of drugs
2. Legalization of prostitution
3. Return to the gold standard as currency value
4. Dismantling of the FBI, CIA, DIA, DEA, BATF, among others
5. Return of all American troops based abroad to the mainland.
6. Reduction of American military force. Military to be used only in event of invasion.
7. Open border policy
8. Decentralization of government from Washington, to state and local.

Hmm....I agree with numbers 1, 2 and partially 6. I'm not quite sure what number 7 means.... But I guess I'm not a libertarian.

I've only voted once, but I voted straight democratic. I like centralization and regulation and I don't like privatization.
I'm a evil liberal, pinko, lefty I guess.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
TrueLies,
... You don't want to proclaim on ATS how foolish you are because you don't know what you're talking about and end up looking like a walking contradiction, do you?

She did that about a half dozen posts ago starting in with "Conservatives are better because they don't name call, and all Liberals are moose suckers" or whatever her drunken ranting was about.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I'm a evil liberal, pinko, lefty I guess.

Yup
me too. There's a very simple way to clarify all this. Let BUSH define who is what. If you're PRO-CHOICE like most Americans, you're liberal and have NO PLACE in his administration.

I submit then Bush himself would call a majority of people that THINK they are conservative, LIBERALS.

End of story. Libertarians may not be Democrats, but they are 100% Liberal in the true sense of the term. Not the politically charged sense, mind you. The true sense.

CIVIL LIBERTIES. Keep government out of my yard and off my body.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm left of centre so i side with the Democrats.

Not fond of Kerry though.

1. I believe in a womans right to choose.
2. I believe taxes are required to help the less well off.
3. I believe the right of same sex couples to have a union.
4. I am for moderate foreign policy and the restriction of the armed forces.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Ok, I posted this to see what alot of people were. Some people are democrats, some are republicans, some are liberals, etc. I want to know what you are and why, because I dont really understand what differentiates these political groups.

Hey JustAnIllusion,
Great thread idea.
I've always been a conservative Republican.. at least until shortly after 9-11. At that point, for me, a paradigm shifted. It wasn't just due to 9-11. It was a whole litany of things - being in a war, going to college, working all over the country, living real life, investigating the JFK assassination, OKC bombing, discovering a little book called "Rule By Secrecy", THEN 9-11, the Anthrax attack, clearly traveling the road to tyranny in the wake of.. with Patriots I and II.

Once the elaborate illusions of patriotism that were impressed upon me growing up became shattered in light of horrendous truths, I was able to see clearly, and start thinking for myself.

I am still conservative, albeit a very open-minded and progressive conservative. (I know some will say that's an oxymoron, but who gives a shyte. It is how it is.) I've always been a "hawk" on defense, too, throwing me over to the right. In light on the Neo con hijack job on the White House - I think "hawk" now actually is akin to what we used to call the doves. I ain't no dove on foreign policy, not by any stretch. But I'd rather be labled that than give any credence whatsoever to those lunatics we lovingly know as Neo cons.

At this point, the Republican party sickens me at what its become. I cringed, strangely, when they were given the the White House, Senate AND House of Reps. Sure 'nuff. They've proven beyond a shadow of doubt, that absolute power corrupts absolutely. I no longer support the Republican party as I once did. I did not leave my party, my party went frokking insane.

For now, I consider myself independent. And that's fine by me. Just the other day, someone asked me - "would you register as a Democrat if I gave you $50?" I laughed and said, "thanks, but absolutely not!" Isn't that how they got so many earlier dems? Bribing them back in the day?

Anyway... just thought I'd add my two cents, for what its worth.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
1. I believe in a womans right to choose.
2. I believe taxes are required to help the less well off.
3. I believe the right of same sex couples to have a union.
4. I am for moderate foreign policy and the restriction of the armed forces.

You bring up an issue I'm curious about... Why is it that the most pressing political issue for many people (mostly upper-middle to rich) is the issue of taxes?

I mean, why do people bitch so damn much about being taxed? That's the price for living in a nation-state. That's the price you pay for upkeep of the roads and infrastructure. If no one paid taxes everything would collapse. There would be no government services. Sure you'd have a bunch of money in your horde, but we'd be driving on dirt roads, through crumbling cities, etc.

[Edited on 2/17/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Amen Flinx.

If i earned 50x the annual income i would pay 50x the normal taxes.

Greed is the prevailing factor in the ballot boxes for many, what am i getting out of this?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Kid, those were 2 cents well spent. There are issues from both sides you can identify with, you just have to deside for youself which best represents the way you now want your country to move in. Welcome to the middle, the actual decision makers.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Kid, those were 2 cents well spent. There are issues from both sides you can identify with, you just have to deside for youself which best represents the way you now want your country to move in. Welcome to the middle, the actual decision makers.

Thanks, man.

I'm quite happy remaining independent for the time being. The whole right/left thing is really nothing more than a game of control controlled by the power elites, or the plutocrats, if you will. I don't buy into it anymore, therefore, THEY do not control me, period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join