It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£5,000 Offered To Prove Suicides Linked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

£5,000 Offered To Prove Suicides Linked

news.sky.com

Ian Crosby hopes the reward will encourage teenagers to come forward with vital information that may have been withheld from police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Grailkeeper]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It looks like someone is putting 2 + 2 together.

This is the first I heard of this.

Apparently 16 youths have committed suicide in the last year all from the same area.

They also mention the possibility of 'Internet' sites encouraging suicide.

What evil lurks through yonder window...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I missed this part regarding the possible internet connection...

Police insist there is no "internet suicide cult" and local MP Carwyn Jones told Sky News there was no "underlying pattern" in the deaths.

He said: "I've met with the police and they've made it absolutely clear the connections aren't there. There are 130,000 people living in Bridgend and there's no evidence to suggest any links with the victims.

Could it be possible they are just missing something or are they all 'un-related'?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Got censorship?

You will see more after this... I can almost bet...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yes if this was some place like London it wouldn't be so odd, because there are millions here so odds are it would easily happen.

But in such a small place, it is very odd. I definitely believe there is something strange going on. And we need to find out NOW before anymore die.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Do any of the individuals who committed suicide have one of these within 50-60ft of their home?

img.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Odd.... there's been another one today...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Whats going on????????????

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here is the thread that talks about these suicides. - www.belowtopsecret.com... - it really is strange and very sad that this is happening.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

But in such a small place, it is very odd. I definitely believe there is something strange going on. And we need to find out NOW before anymore die.

Looks like we are too late, another death just happened after my post.

What is happening? This is a realy mystery.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Suicide pact is more more common in Japan. From the past years, there were couple of suicide reported. In one event, it involved 9 people.

Nine die in Japan 'suicide pacts'

Japan’s chilling Internet suicide pacts

There were more reported in the past years.

In the US, though there were reported suicide due to internet like for example a young lady who comitted suicide after a hoax site that has a personal profile pretending to be a young man with matching pictures etc.

In the end, when this "young man" told the young lady that he does not want her anymore, she commited suicide. This came out in a news few weeks ago I believe.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't understand why the authorities are claiming there's no links between these kids.. This post by "Mr Dead" shows some very close links between them all... BTS thread

sty

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i would be curious if they have the same family-doctor. It could be a depression treatment gone wrong - maybe the family doctor is prescribing a wrong combination of medicines - willingly or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
*dons monacle and smoke pipe*

This is reminiscent of the reports of suicide pacts over in japan a year or two ago.

What was the official report on that particular social occurance?

sty

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am not sure of what antidepressants are prescribed in the UK / EU , however I perosnally do not know any case when the treatment went well. I remember it was on the newspapers that one lady got 200 orgasms a day (just at random times in the day , not controlled by her of course ) as a "side-effect" : doctors deny the link with the anty-depressant , but the lady is destroyed and she wishes she was only "depressed" ..

[edit on 19-2-2008 by sty]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg
Do any of the individuals who committed suicide have one of these within 50-60ft of their home?

img.dailymail.co.uk...

Good thinking

A similar hypothesis has also been put forward suggesting a link between electro-magnetic frequencies and their psycho/physio-logical effects on the human body..

Boffin' s wave claim after suicide spate

MOBILE phones and wireless internet could be behind Bridgend’s growing suicide rate, according to a microwave expert.

Barrie Trower said he is “99 per cent sure” Bridgend’s 13 suspected suicides are a result of waves from mobile phones, wi-fi and pagers.

Mr Trower, a scientific adviser to the Radiation Research Trust, said he is convinced the deaths are related to an illness caused by the waves after investigating five suicide “clusters” across the UK and Ireland.

He is contacting Bridgend Local Health Board and Bridgend County Borough Council to ask them to discuss the issue with him.

Mr Trower is willing to visit Bridgend to speak about the problem.

“I am 99 per cent sure,” said Mr Trower, who contributed to the BBC Panorama programme WiFi: A Warning Signal. “I think I can link them all together and I think it’s a viable reason to look into. We know the suicide rates are rising. The increase in suicides does match the speed of low level microwaves. It’s happening in every country in the world, not just Bridgend.”

Mr Trower has been researching the effects of microwaves since the 1960s and addressed the Welsh Assembly on the issue two years ago.

He has investigated links between 182 suicides and electrosensitivity, a condition thought to affect three per cent of the population.

Last year, he wrote the Trower Report for the Police Federation, in which he said waves from the new police radio system could create “anxiety leading to suicide”.

According to his research, the symptoms of electrosensitivity include depression, lack of concentration, personality changes and suicidal tendencies.

He says young people are particularly susceptible as their immune system is not wholly developed.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg

img.dailymail.co.uk...

Thats a thought....they were invented buy a welshman and the first 1 in the country was installed in Barry,South Wales.

not far from Bridgend at all

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Heratix]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sound waves could always be a possibility.

I remember seeing that post a while ago.

Has anyone read if any of the teens were complaining of ear trouble or anything else that may have been caused by this.

The medication angle sounds feasible. Any reports that any of them were on meds for any reason?

top topics

join