It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really thinks hydrazine is why gov wants to take spy sat out?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Two football fields possible deadly emission of hydrazine gas to eliminate possible complications at a 60 million stipend. Ah, geez, ok. Not buying it for one tiny minute.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Not one bite. Sigh. Probably has been beat to death by now.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
IMO we are taking the spy satellite out because we don't want our enemy, who ever that is, to get their hands on our equipment and learn any secrets we might have or our technology.

I would have more respect for our government if it were honest with it's citizens and didn't feel we were so stupid not to realize why the satellite has to be destroyed.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I agree with dizziedame. My Astronomy professor, who works directly with NASA, stated in class that it is more likely that we dont want our tech getting into enemy hands.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My opinion exactly. I don't believe a single bloody thing they tell us officially.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
How can something that
A) Supposedly doesn't work
B) Partially Burn up upon re-entry
C) Hit the ground at 100+ MPH
--- Have anything salvageable left???????

D) Wasn't there already a press release stating that they thought the satellite would NOT end up enemy hands... but rather somewhere in North America. As far as I'm concerned, I don't think we have to worry too much if the Canadians or Mexicans get their hands on it...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Getting a grip would be good for starters. This thing, whatever it is, has major implications.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaauroraaaaa

You are right if you assume everything the news tells you is true. But the point of this thread is not believing the news because there is a decent probability that there is way more to this story. Besides its fun to speculate on other reasons.

Perhaps its a response to the Chinese missile test carried out last year.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Tit for tat?
I think this goes a whole lot more than that.
But what do I know. Vaporous hole of exitence.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
What if it is a smoke screen,as the Russians claim,to test this new missile defense system,that is causing so much controversy?

That is an explanation that i could buy into.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I actually think it's more along the lines of taking it out because we don't know where it's going to crash.

It's better to blow it up, than have it hit a school or other public place.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
What if it is a smoke screen,as the Russians claim,to test this new missile defense system,that is causing so much controversy?

That is an explanation that i could buy into.

What new missile defense system? They've been shooting SM-3s for 10+ years now. They've had 13 test flights and hits on 11 of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I still think if the U.S could just show its real power, it would nudge it to some other place. Now that would be power! Nudge it to the Indian Ocean for example.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I agree with you, jpm. I don't know what it is all about, really. I don't buy the story they're telling us either.

Yesterday, out of nowhere, a non-conspiracy believer asked me my opinion on this. He said it really looks fishy because they always just let the space mess fall at will. WOW - that's a FIRST. It's usually ME asking the opinions about this or that to people! LOL

Anyway, this time really does look different and I am not at all sure what it means. I am interested in the opinions of other people here, though.

Here's some ideas, not totally my own, of course.

1. It could be to flex muscles - intimidate someone. This part doesn't sound quite right to me because they do that all the time without shooting crap out of space.
2. They could be something (other than the hydrazine) that is really toxic on that thing and since it may land in North America they don't want a catastrophe on their hands.
3. Something they know will stay intact is in it that they don't want to fall into anyone's hands.

I don't know the answer, but I would like to know what other people think too. This seems big to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by uplander

My personal opinion is that the U.S. wants to flex its technilogical muscles to ward off China. Notice how the U.S. has already started to villinize our largest importer of domestic goods? Lead paints, metal sharded candy, etc, etc...

China had been up and coming for quite a while now, and being allied with Russia, North Korea, and Iran does not help things. The Chinese are certainly going to be force that will answer to no one in the future. It seems they have more people in thier millitary than the U.S. has citizens. A war with them would be horrific.

I think the U.S. is just trying to ward off the obvious migration towards WWIII and the potential destruction of the United States itself by its political/ecconomic rivals.

Question: Is China the first Communist country that the U.S. has ever had such a trade agreement with? I mean, I'm not even allowed to have a Cuban cigar imported due to the sanctions imposed stemming from Castro's communistic ideals.

However, yeah.....let the Chinese stock all the Wallmarts, poisen our people with thier products, and contribute to the collapse of the American economy. ~~~Sounds great right?

Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I hate to burst everybody's conspiracy bubble here, but the news cast I watched stated the reason they are Shooting it down was because the satellite contains some of our latest technology and often when these satellites fall out of the sky some small pieces are found eventually.

They even stated that these items could be picked up and sold on the internet sites such as Ebay which would fetch very high prices and the technology could possibly fall into the hands of China or other nations.

Now I suppose I have to find the link.

EDIT- Well maybe this is a conspiracy, because I can't find the original video.
Okay- I found a similar story to the one I heard about, but it's in Canada. Will U.S. Spy Satellite debris pose a threat?

OKAY HERE's quote similar to what I heard in the news report, but still not on video yet - and I don't know if this is just commentary.LINK

"We are worried about something showing up on eBay,'' intelligence expert John Pike told the Associated Press.

"What they have to be worried about is that a souvenir collector is going to find some piece, put it on eBay and the Chinese buy it,'' said Pike, the director of the defence research group GlobalSecurity.org.

I have to conclude that indeed there is a conspiracy here as it seems the story has morphed at all the US MSM sources. Obviously somebody put pressure on them to change the story and we'll look the other way because it's for our own good and the old "National Security" stamp.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't think Hydrazine is the real issue, I mean they could burn off all the hydrazine by firing all the thrusters as send it carreering off toward the sun (couldn't they??)
Nah! they got something in that thing that they do not want 'anyone' to know about imho!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Take what they say with a grain of salt I say...

They tell us its a "Spy" satellite.. and we take that as wow, they are admitting what it is.

Well thats just too easy in my eyes. You know the old saying, the best way to hide something is right under your nose.

You know, if I had a nuclear weapons platform about to come back home unintentionaly, I would want to try to destroy it as well.

So will we have a high altitude EMP burst somewhere in the world in our near future?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
I don't think Hydrazine is the real issue, I mean they could burn off all the hydrazine by firing all the thrusters as send it carreering off toward the sun (couldn't they??)
Nah! they got something in that thing that they do not want 'anyone' to know about imho!

I am not sure and I am too lazy to look it up right now, but I think it was stated by NASA that they have no contact with the satellite and that's why they can't burn of the fuel. Now, getting back on track, I also believe that the government wants to shoot it down for ulterior motives. I hope they don't because I want a piece of that thing to land in my yard. If it does you'll see me on Ebay!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon

exactly what i was going to suggest.

If there's hundreds of pounds of this toxic fuel aboard,
just fire the thrusters so that the satellite gets slingshot into deep space,

or else fire the thrusters to empty the fuel tanks plus put the satellite into a very shallow decaying orbit so that the school bus sized spy satellite gets burned up in the reentry like that shuttle did a few years back...

the pentagon can instruct the scientists controlling the spy satellite to
open the hatches or doors or access panels which help protect the cameras and instruments from other orbit debris when not in use,
these openings or protrusions would be the first things to burn of during a prolonged reentry and make more likely that the craft will disintegrate
miles up in the atmosphere.

I would speculate the spy agency that designed this equiptment more than likely put in a disabling device or boobytrap, as a failsafe...
just in case the Russians or whomever had a plan to hijack the satellite with their own black project 'Shuttlecraft'

[edit on 17-2-2008 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join