It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unforeseen journey (AIASP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
"I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the joshua tree." A similar quote from Geronimo. The moderate winds in this arid desert never have deterred me, from my daily routine. Mamma used to say, "Namid if your going out in that desert again wear your high-top boots!" The many times I've walked this path it's never the same and the memories of my mother will never fade. Sometimes I hear her melodiously and enlightened voice in the wind saying, "I'm here with you dear." The joshua tree was barely two feet tall when my mother passed away. Now it stands almost eight feet tall and it's the only tree the winds can't sway.

Ravens are circling above, ground squirrels scurry to collect seeds and I can hear the distant cry of a coyote. Today I'm going futher in the desert. A tumbleweed just crossed my path and the terrain begins to steepen. A crackling sound of the scrubby growth alerts me to the wild mustang herd. It's funny how such large animals can remain unseen, until right upon you. This desert is not as flat, as it appears. There are valleys and washes that could hide an elephant. The magnificent stallion has six mares. They appear well nourished, other than scraggy manes and tails.

Fatique is starting to set in when I noticed another joshua tree in the near distant. The shade is inviting and I found a spot, without horse poo. Yucca plants surround the base of the tree, with holes from pack rats which are long since gone. I'm so tired.....Just need a few winks and I will be ok. A loud buzzing noise interrupted my dream state and began to cut the air, like a knife! Immediately my eyes bugged wide open and looking right at me was the biggest mojave green rattler I'd ever seen! Coiled and about 5 foot long, with a darting tongue. The lightening fast olive green snake struck my face and slithered into a hole. The bite wasn't horribly painful, but I knew if I don't get help I'm toast! Not much time, before my lungs would shut down. I struggled to my feet and my head felt numb. While stumbling incoherently in the desert I see what appeared to be a mirage. I'm beginning to feel like passing out. Tears were cascading down my face, with dreadful thoughts of dying.....I can't take it anymore and crumbled to the ground.

Namid wake up.......Wake up Namid! My eyes open and start to focus. I'm in a room and it's all white. I remember being bit by one of the most deadliest snakes in the Southwest. I touch my cheek where the snake bit me it's smooth and painless. Carefully I stand up and look around..... thinking where am I? Hello anyone here? Does anyone see me? Thoughts that I'm dead crossed my mind. Am I in limbo? Is this all there is?....A big white room! How long do I have to stay here? Fear laden thoughts racing, through my mind. Than a door slides open and I see a tall slender figure standing in the hallway. She had long flowing white hair, pale blue eyes and a comforting smile. Who are you I asked..... Are you an angel? In a soft voice without moving her lips she say's, "No honey I'm not an angel. I'm a Nordic from Pleiades and we came to help you." In my mind I thought..... can you take me home and another door slides open and THERE'S MY HOUSE! I walked through the door and onto my porch. The craft silently lifts up and disappears, into the nights sky. I hear my mothers voice once again, in the wind........."Namid, you never really liked your name, but I gave it to you for a reason. The meaning in Chippewa is Star Dancer. The Star People will protect you, until you come to the Celestial plane to be with me. You have many years left, in your time and a nanosecond in mine."

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Great visuals! I didn't see that ending coming at all! I felt as if I was in the desert! Starred and flagged!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Thank-you for your comment tetsujin420.
I'm very familiar with the desert.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have to tell you mountainstar that I will buy your books when they come out.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank-you antar. Your're a remarkable writer.

I don't know about any books.lol
But I do love to write.
Most has to do with real life mixed with fiction.
I've been pretty busy lately trying to keep the
prison from being built, in my backyard! Hopefully,
The desert tortoise protection plan will deter them
from building a prison here.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Honey I have to agree with Tets...
Your description of the desert, put me there in my mind...and I'm terrified of snakes!
Star and flag for you my dear!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thank-you AD that means a lot coming from you.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Nice visuals of the desert MountainStar. But the sudden snake attack got my face hurting just thinking about it. The ending was amazing
To have an alien experience like that would be cool and to escape death with the help of a Nordic from Pleiades was clever. Great job and a flag and star for you.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That was great! Having lived in the desert southwest myself I felt like I was back there again - wonderful descriptions!

I also liked the loving, warm relationship between Namid and mother - very nice. I'm glad Namid was safe in the ending - what a relief!

Nice work...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments guys.
I love the desert.
I've seen so many strange things out here you wouldn't
believe.

top topics

join