It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AbovePolitics.com Elections Are Up & Running

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
AbovePolitics.com welcomes you to your very own political season. This is a much anticipated concept that is finally taking life, and will bring us a much needed hero. Our team that has been assembled to over see this process has been working hard to come up with a revamped schedule, some innovative ideas, and above all else.. some structure to guarantee the overall success of this concept.

Thanks to you the the members, we feel that we are finally seeing some progress.

So let's begin with the schedule for our electoral process.

AbovePolitics.com Election Schedule

Candidacy Declarations: The window of opportunity to declare yourself is open, and will remain until next Thursday, February 21st 2008 @ 12:00am PST.

Platforms & Debates: In a sense, this section is now open to all members. Anyone who has declared can work on their platforms and arrange debates. Anyone who is about to declare, can work on this immediately. Once the declaration window has closed, we will open the door to debates, which can also be used to strengthen the platform. This will run until March 21st, 2008.

Primaries: In the last week of March, we will hold the primary elections.

The Last Mile: This is where the fun is going to happen. From podcast promotions, live podcast debates, structured debates among competitors (more than 2 competitors in one debate), anything and everything we can come up with to make this a success will be utilized during this window. This is when we will promote candidates to announce their running mate. It will run for eight weeks. This will close on May 16th, 2008.

Election Time: Our election will be scheduled in the following days after the Last Mile closes.

So as you see, not every detail has been worked out, but we are definitely off on the right foot. At this point right now, we are hoping that candidates will be working to strengthen their platform, and arranging some possible debates that can be used to get your word out there. No debates will be begin until the window where members can declare themselves has closed. Debates can be prearranged prior to this date, but will not begin until this date has arrived. Once the declaration window is closed, we will expect candidates to compete in debates of their choosing. More than two candidates can compete in a debate. A subject matter can be presented, and several candidates can use one thread as a platform to speak their mind. It will be in a structured environment where character restrictions are in place, and participating members will rotate turns, but it should be a lot of fun.

At this point, we'll be looking to get into our Primary elections and so on.

Some members who have declared themselves in the past have already announced their running mate. While this information can not be retracted, we are promoting that members refrain from announcing their running mate until after the primary elections. If you have previously announced it, that is fine. But we are asking running mates to refrain from participating in the election process until after the primaries. We are certainly flexible, but we do not want to put some candidates at a disadvantage if they are working on their own to strengthen a platform.

As we progress through these elections, further ideas and opportunities for members will be announced. We are hoping to have live podcast debates, and also looking into having short promotional podcasts from candidates aired on ATS Mix. This is a work in progress, but we have a strong team assembled to make sure we get through it.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them here, or send a u2u my way, or contact budski who is our FSME for the campaign.

We are here, for you.

So who is our hero?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Excellent!

We finally have a schedule for this thing! It seems as though all of our hard work trying to push this through has finally paid off. Kudos to you and budski for taking the initiative on this and setting things in motion.

I really believe this is going to be a lot of fun and should be a great thing for PTS, and ATS as a whole. I look forward to getting into the meat of things with my opponents and seeing how things play out.

Let the fun begin!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Whilst I appreciate your appreciation (lol) I think most of the kudos has to go to chissler who has worked incredibly hard to get this thing up and running.

I'm still getting my feet wet, and learning all the time but I have to say, this should be great fun!

I'm really looking forward to reading manifesto's and debates - there's some outstanding candidates and it promises to be a great few months for all in the campaign and for all supporters of the various candidates.

Let's make this one of the most memorable and exciting things to happen on this great site.

and now:
Let Battle Commence!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
great work and Ideas, this is really going to take off this time.

Dorian Gray

top topics

join