It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got a bad feeling about Mardi-Gras this year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It would be a perfect terrorist target.
A festival of debauchery right before a major christian
holiday. Perfect symbol of american hypocracy.
What do you guys think?
Besides the fact that I'm way paranoid.

www.mardi-gras-beads.com...

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by fortean]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hmm..that would make a good terrorist target. better not go this year! Anyway, whats that link for?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'd never seen alien beads before.
They're cute.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
People thought the superbowl was going to be a big target too. I guess we just have to wait and see on these things....

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think any big event is at risk...but you just have to keep your eyes open and make sure you have a game plan if something does happen,

like i went to a concert and was thinking if a bomb went of in here i might be more likley to get killed in the crush,

so i looked for other exits and looked for the best place to stand, just know your surroundings i say!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Everyone is expecting a "large" symbolic strike. I keep thinking if the reports are true and there are around 500 Al-Qaeda on American soil, then having them all drive a car filled with explosives at the same time and different targets would be a helluva lot more devastating than attacking on major event. + it would cause mass paranoia, economy dropping and almost certain martial law which takes away every right we as americans have.

TPL

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've heard so many ' I've got a bad feeling abouts' I could write a Star Wars script.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
well, i wasnt goin anyway.
i think, and this is just me, but if i were planning a terrorist attack designed to deal a blow to my dearest enemies, i wudnt kill a bunch of horny teens selling sex for a necklace of beads. i also wudnt kill a whole bunch of fat, drunk, wife-beaters. id stick to the original plan of killing innocent civilians while working in an icon of freedom for the advancement of their civilization.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There are many large gatherings of people a year. There are many,many targets for terrorists to choose from, but I honestly think they go for targets of importance to the U.S government/civilians (pentagon, wtc,etc). They aren't just gonna go into a massive party and start laying bombs. Again, this is just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Anyone who has a "bad" feeling about a possibe terrorist attack is allowing the terrorist to win. You are letting the terrorist know that they are doing a good job.

I wouldn't worry about a terrorist act at the Mardi-Gras. I haven't heard of any suicide bombers in the United States after 9/11? Have you? I'd be more concerned of a major city, besides, the WTC attacks were not small scale. If something like 9/11 was pulled, certainly the threats of a nuclear attack in a major city should garner more attention.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i really doubt that anything will happen again. Al-Queda is pretty much gone, in my opinion. but if something were to happen i would doubt for it to come until possibly july 4th weekend or maybe election day. i'm not really worried, but it is there in the back of my mind. if something happens there really is nothing i can do about it, so i've accepted it and moved on. being afraid is only letting them win more.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Great, just stay scared. Be parinoid. That's what the terrorists (and the administration) want.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The walking wounded would be unbearable!

OWWW, IT SINGED MY HAIR! OWEEEE!

No offence to the LGBT's... you guys rock... just to a different beat from me

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i dun see it like that, as 'if ur scared, the terrorists have already won'
its more of a 'why bother?'
aint nobody gonna bomb a bunch of kids tryin to get laid.
they just as smart as we are, theyll pick a smart target

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess your right. I'll just live my
life one day at a time. Let tomorrow take care of
itself. We only have this moment. Let's enjoy it.
I ain't afraid a no terrist.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Great, just stay scared. Be parinoid. That's what the terrorists (and the administration) want.

I dont think its being paranoid, it is simply being aware of your surroundings and known that anything at any time is possible. Im not afraid to get ina car known I could be part of a horrifying accident, and thats kind of the same thing. Be aware of your surroundings. Even before 9-11 if I walked at a park at night, I want to know whos around me. Catch my drift?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I had the same feeling last year, but nothing happened so I am inclined to believe that nothing will happen this year.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
thats the thing about "feelings". sometimes your wrong and even less times your right. i dont bother with my doomsday feelings anymore based on the fact that most of the time when i think something terrible is going to happen i usually have a nice day, exept of course that feeling of doom thats lerking around me.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I just have the feeling that if Al Queda (sp) could attack they would have. They are losing support (according to some news reports) in the Arab world due to their lack of attacks on Americans. I really feel all they can do right now is hide in caves and make tape recordings. There is all this talk of them having nukes but I believe if they did, they would have used them. I mean getting something into the country is not exactly rocket science. Drive it up in a boat into Galveston (never seen any real patrols in that area). Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A bad feeling "about" Mardi Gras?

I used to get my bad feeling AT Mardi Gras...

Sometime around 10 p.m. on Monday night, after a weekend of eating cheese and seafood, drinking cheap beer and Hurricanes and not sleeping...

You get that last big WHAFT of urine and puke smell in your face as you pass Triqueaux House down on Bourbon and it hit's you all at once...

The runs, pukes and itch from some Flordia bimbo the previous night all at once.

I've said it before but if the plague still exists it's in the gutters of Bourbon street. Ever seen that place at MG? Two centuries of drunken whoring saliors have both passed out and died in those street trenches. And girls to this day hike their skirts and squat there.

No need to bomb it. It's already "bombed".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join