It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia says Sorry to stolen generations (aborigine's)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Australia says Sorry to stolen generations (aborigine + indigenous peoples)

news.ninemsn.com.au

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has delivered an historic formal apology to Australia's indigenous peoples for past wrongs.

Mr Rudd rose to deliver the apology in parliament's House of Representatives after receiving a standing ovation when he walked into the chamber with Indigenous Affairs Minister Jenny Macklin.

"Mr Speaker, I move that today we honour the indigenous peoples of this land, the oldest continuing cultures in human history," Mr Rudd said as he rose to deliver the historic address.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/2/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Today, Australias PM Kevin Rudd apologised to australian aboriginal and indigenous people for the Aust govt's policy of forced removal of indigenous children from their homes by putting them into internment camps and missions between 1869 - 1969 "for their own welfare", known commonly as "the stolen generations"

its about time too, the aborigine's AND many white australians like myself have been waiting a long time for this to happen. Aboriginal Australians have been on this land for approximately 50,000 years, making them the oldest known culture on earth.

now all we need is to become a republic and replace the british union jack in the upper left corner of our flag with the aboriginal flag.

full text of the apology speech
10mins of Kevins apology speech on youtube.

bravo kevin + labour, bravo!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hello there... I agree but this is already being covered...

will post the link to the other thread in a wee bit

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

join