It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Shenon Interview '9/11" Uncensored" - NOW UP - SE09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
NOW UP - SE09!

In 2002, the most important federal commission in decades was established to examine the events surrounding the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. In 2004, the 9/11 Commission issued its unanimous broad report to broad acclaim.

Now, in this riveting and groundbreaking investigation of the 9/11 investigators, veteran New York Times journalist Philip Shenon reveals stunning shortcomings in the Commission’s work—a series of oversights, omissions, and distortions that raise fundamental questions about 9/11 and the government’s failure to prevent it.

From the Commission’s inception, Shenon covered its workings on a daily basis, developing sources at all levels of the investigation. For this book, he returned to those sources to write the definitive account of how the Commission operated, who influenced its findings, how political considerations interfered, and what didn’t make it into the final report.

Taking readers behind the scenes, Shenon describes the valiant efforts of the Commission’s investigators to uncover the facts surrounding 9/11, despite being obstructed and even deceived at many turns. His discoveries are revelatory: The executive director of the Commission, Philip Zelikow, maintained a clandestine relationship with Karl Rove and took actions that were seen as shielding President Bush and Condoleezza Rice from the panel’s scrutiny. Investigative staffers at the Commission believe Zelikow repeatedly sought to minimize the administration’s intelligence failures in the months leading up to 9/11, which had the effect of helping to ensure President Bush’s re-election in 2004.

THE COMMISSION is an eye-opening account of how Washington really works: the manipulations of politicians, the secrets of intelligence officers, the battles over information, the pursuit of truth.

In vivid, sobering detail, THE COMMISSION shows how the events of 9/11 could have been avoided, how the Bush administration missed crucial opportunities to prevent it, and why the Commission could not tell the whole story.

VISIT The Philip Shenon HOME PAGE

POST your questions for Philip Shenon NOW!

[edit on 2/15/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Shenon, may I ask you the following question?

What can be the reason why the government after more then six years now, still withhold the sorely available other security camera footage mounted on the pentagon building itself, besides the very disputable footages they already presented, and the confiscated available camera footage on some buildings nearby, to silence the 911 pentagon conspiracies for once and for all?

[edit on 12/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi Mr Shenon.

1 Question : WTC Building 7?

Thankyou

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Mr. Shenon,
There are so many unanswered questions but I will choose one.

If melting of steel is explained as burning jet fuel in regards to the collapse of WTC1 and WTC2 then what explains the molten steel beneath the rubble of WT7?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey, Mr. Shenon
I have a question....

Saw you last night on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart...

During the interview you said that the 911 commission stated it was not looking to place blame for the events of that day. Why did you not follow that up? By the end of the PREFACE they had already eluded to Al Quida and international terrorists as the cause behind the attack. How is that not placing blame?

Then to go on for hundreds of pages without mention of WTC7 or where the hell did all the WTC1 & 2 steel go? (and I am not taking about China, it was molecularly vaporized!) Yes, I believe in Dr. Judy Woods theory of DEW use in NY on 911. What is your personal believe in reference to that theory?

Total waste of 6 million dollars, you should have answered "totally flawed"! I must give you credit though for eluding to the personal relationships between the commission membership and the Bush Administration. I look forward to your response. Thank you for your time, Mr. Shenon!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hello Mr Shenon,

I would like to know what you think the outcome will be on a social and also
legal level if the implications prove to be correct,

Do you think that there will be prosecutions and such in that manner or
maybe that even if this comes to light in a court of law that it would be
long and drawn out,obfuscated and that yes,these things were proved
but nothing will ever happen.

Swift Justice or complacency

Thankyou

BV

[edit on 12-2-2008 by BlackViolet]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ohhhhhohoho...this should be GOOD!

Mr. Shenon,

Why are we given so few details by the 9/11 Commission (one page or less if my memory serves me correct) about the suspicious stock trades in the weeks leading up to 9/11?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mr Shenon,

What governing body would you like to see in charge of a new 911 investigation?

Would the UN or World Court need to become involved to make sure that this investigation wasn't corrupt? If the solution was some kind of international tribunal would the United States need to submit to the authority of the court beforehand?

-Rufosho

Aside:
Perhaps a new "murder" investigation could be launched by a foreign government. They have a right to know the true circumstances that led to the death of their citizens.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Giving the public's unsatifaction with the investigations, do you think the negative attitude could be resolved, or do you think there is already to much mistrust with the disinformation?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'd be a bad CM if I didn't ask...

Question: What has the Federal government actually gained from this cover-up?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Philip:
A truck transport, or lorry, was found in the underground tunnel system that had supposedly been holding a large amount of gold bars. But there were no people with it, because they abandoned it before the buildings collapsed.
I believe that it was reported that $220M in gold had been recovered. Yet, there was possibly $23B there in the first place? Quite a disparity!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Sir:

Why was Sibel Edmonds secure testimony never mentioned at all by the commission, and what is your opionion concerning the allegations of a link between the Edmonds case and the 9-11 events as confirmed by Edmonds recently?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Mr. Shenon,

From past experience with building collapse the metal infrastructure usually bends and compresses somewhat but almost never totally collapses and while watching the collapse many times it appears that beams are coming out of the collapse cut and roughly the same lengths.
Is that why they never allowed an independent test of the beams and did the rescue workers ever report this cut beam phenomena?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Mr. Shenon, I would implore you to root-out and publish the facts regarding the JCS' exercise taking place on 9/11 known as "Vigilant Warrior"- the "live-fly" hijack drill involving military and commercial aircraft, an event that was confirmed by Don Arias of the USAF.

I would also ask that you attempt to find out more about the "injects" that were displayed on FAA radar screens, (number count, origin, duration, etc...).

Thank You.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

new topics

top topics

join