It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demolition Man, how accurate is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ok guys I know it's just a movie lol. But movies come from peoples mind, and the mind can be a very interesting thing.

I just watched this movie (Demolition Man 1993) again today, and was suprised at some of the things I saw! and never thought about in the past.

The movie shows a future with so much Goverment control and no freedom. People have chips in their bodies. They cannot even swear without getting fined, people cannot have physical sex. Everybody has gotten so used to the world full of goverment control and no freedom, they just think it's normal, they have been brainwashed to believe it's good for them.

I also noticed other odd things, for example they liked to use the words Radical..... Terrorist.....Weapons of Mass destruction etc
Odd? ...... You think bush watched this movie? haha

Isn't it odd that in this movie Arnold Schwarzenegger had become President, and now in real life he is governor of california! that is pretty weird.

Anyway just making this thread to hear your thoughts about this movie and just basically what you think the future may lead to, and whatever else comes to your mind.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I loved this movie, but no physical sex?
Taco Bell is now owned by YUM! Brands, who also owns KFC, A&W, Pizza hut, and Long john silvers, but who knows, they could rule the industry at some point in the future, like in the movie.

Oh and those sea shells? No thank you.

Some of their weapons were cool, I'd like to take one of those things out to the range.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Similar to the book, which has been pointed out by many before me, Farenheit 451. You have probably read the book (and if you haven't, you should), but it's frightening how acurate something written 50 years ago can be, with a war, the T.V being the center of the house, the seashell (equivilant of an I-pod), and the banning of books because of the way they might make someone feel. Very creepy indeed.

Oh, an phoenix, your icon is a knockoff of the llama song, isn't it.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by kagutuchi]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
I loved this movie, but no physical sex?

That is a way i think the human race will go one day, personally i think there only will be one gender. Remember they link sexual desire to things like violence and other things bad in humans.

Remember that the pentagon gives alot of ideas to the hollywood people, and here is another example, of possible future things that may happen, and like you say we are seeing today.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kagutuchi

Actually I haven't read the book, I think I've heard of it, sounds interesting.
It really is odd how accurate these movies and books can be.

And no my avatar has nothing to do with the llama song lol. It's based off a series called Death Note.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I knew that, but the words could go with the llama song.

"here a llama, there a llama and a nother little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama duck."

"He's a Kira, She's a Kira, and another (corporate kira)..."(and so on, I might have gotten that mixed up, and I forgot the rest.

It really is odd.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by kagutuchi]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kagutuchi

(Just watched llama song again)
Haha yeah your right it does look like that! it matches with the video, That's probably the reason they made this avatar like that. I never realised this, I just found the avatar on some random website.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just bumping this thread, to see more of your comments.

Coincidence? or something more?

XL5

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I just watched demolition man just now, was a great movie. I think 1994-5 was when the whole "safty" laws # storm was beginning, happy euro/dance was replaced with rap and things just seemed to go down hill.

The great thing about it is that John Spartan forgoes the small crimes and goes for the stuff that really matters. I presonally wish they would remake it or re'release it in theaters so every one can see where we are going.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I was thinking about this movie yesterday. And how true it rings today and in our foreseeable future. I loved Demolition Man. It’s a fun exciting action movie. But you make a great point. I've already stopped eating red meat. People that I respect very highly have told me that human beings are not COW eaters and that eating cow gives us cancer. (I still eat chicken, pork, and seafood.)

But yeah. One day the government will outlaw smoking, gas, oil, sex, violence and self expression.

Have you read 1984? READ IT. It is our future.

When that time comes, I will be like the JEDI and rebel against the empire. Ok NERD ALERT! But you know what I mean. I hope you free thinking Americans will join me in the fight for our humanity. Whether our enemies be those from beyond or our next door neighbors.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I just remembered about this thread.

Will Arnold ever become president? lol I wonder....

top topics

join