It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to launch new "SNLE" submarine before 2005.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The new SNLE (Nuclear Powered Submarine Nuclear Missiles Launcher NPSPML) "LE VIGILANT" is being actually tested by the french marine. The u-boat will enter in service probably before middle/end of 2003...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I hope it won't have as much problems as the French aircraft carrier

www.twilightarmouries.ca...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
You know how frenchies work...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

quite right. they dont. when was the last time the french were on the cutting edge of anythign militarily that we/eu/the un didnt provide them? or, even, when was the last time they used the military on their own initiative (ie, not being attacked and conqeured 2 weeks later)

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

quite right. they dont. when was the last time the french were on the cutting edge of anythign militarily that we/eu/the un didnt provide them? or, even, when was the last time they used the military on their own initiative (ie, not being attacked and conqeured 2 weeks later)

Hellooo! Just because you had your victorious entrance at Normandie, this doesn't mean that the French didn't do anything themselves. Haven't you seen 'Allo 'Allo? If you ask me, Yvette is one hell of a spy, and that old bat in the addict could probably scare off the whole German SS with a single look. It is those Brittish airmen who who always screw things up

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Hellooo! Just because you had your victorious entrance at Normandie, this doesn't mean that the French didn't do anything themselves. Haven't you seen 'Allo 'Allo? If you ask me, Yvette is one hell of a spy, and that old bat in the addict could probably scare off the whole German SS with a single look. It is those Brittish airmen who who always screw things up

Blessings,
Mikromarius

no i havent seen 'allo allo', but i do know all about the great things the french did, with the underground and all, saving our men. also working very tightly with the germans to help them conquer europe. that last bit, oh man, tricky, wudnt see that happening.
no, my stigma towards the french stems from their constant insistance on keeping the global community behind what it cud accomplish.
and uh, last i heard, those british airmen were the single most bravest men of that war, as commemorated by churchil - "never have so many owed so much to so few"

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Amorymeltzer :

I'm sorry to ashamed you but :

No victory in Irak, No WMD...

FRANCE WAS RIGHT

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Amorymeltzer :

FRANCE WAS RIGHT

No, France only oppossed the war in Iraq because they were being supplied oil under the table.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Whats this sub gonna use for fuel? wine and cheese??
Whats its primary mission? To prowl the seas and be rude to other submarines??

The only reason that france and germany opposed the war is because Iraq was in debt up to its butt to both countries

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The reasons for or against the Iraq war and its support or non-support of is better left to the War on Terrorism forum, not the Weaponry forum.

Nans so kindly offered information on a proposed French SNLE....in such, lets address just that or comparison of that class.

Thank you for your cooperation.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So, one carrier and one sub, this constitutes the French Navy?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

Amorymeltzer :

FRANCE WAS RIGHT

No, France only oppossed the war in Iraq because they were being supplied oil under the table.

damn straight. same for germany/russia.

i still find it hard to believe that france would actually fund the building of such a weapon, with its historical and present stance on global issues. what would they be arming themselves for?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
So, one carrier and one sub, this constitutes the French Navy?

I'm sorry to contradict you but France is a nuclear power :

5 sub launchers of nuclear head missiles, one air carrier, the best supersonic striker in the world (rafale), and many other boats.

I read in the london times that actually, and for the first time since 2 centuries, French navy is superior to English navy (They got no air-carrier, only an antic striker (HARRIER) and (merci la France) the JAGUAR)

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nans is right, the French Navy at the moment IS superior to the British, they have an operation full sized aircraft carrier, they have several operational well equipped SSBN Ballistic Missile Submarines, they have very capable support ships, and until Eurofighter comes fully online, they have the best fighter in Europe.

They wont hold that position for very long with the way the Brits are planning on expanding, but for now they do, and even if the Brits put out 2 carriers like they plan, the French Navy is nothing to joke about, they are a very capable force.

The French Military on a whole is very capable, they have a powerful Air Force, and their army has one of the best tanks in the world, at least on par with the M-1 family of tanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
great.....

so i guess the french can go ahead with their stated

"force de fraup" nuclear weapons policy.

if anyone anywhere in the world uses a nuk on another country the "force de fraup" drops nuks on all countries capitols!!

Thank the devil for the french!!

isn't that a wonderful policy...

looks like the US navy will be hard at work trailing this sub to killl it if say pakistan or India has a nuclear exchange so we don't get nuked by the french.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
Nans is right, the French Navy at the moment IS superior to the British, they have an operation full sized aircraft carrier, they have several operational well equipped SSBN Ballistic Missile Submarines, they have very capable support ships, and until Eurofighter comes fully online, they have the best fighter in Europe.

They wont hold that position for very long with the way the Brits are planning on expanding, but for now they do, and even if the Brits put out 2 carriers like they plan, the French Navy is nothing to joke about, they are a very capable force.

The French Military on a whole is very capable, they have a powerful Air Force, and their army has one of the best tanks in the world, at least on par with the M-1 family of tanks.

but why?! they have no real enemies, only people who are a little ticked off, but nothin major. they dont hate anybody, cept the us, but they arent gonna attack us. they arent near any really really volatile region that doesnt already have itself occupied with killing others. whats the point of expanding? britain at least is little more like the US, policing the world.

and what are the current number of nuke-empowered nations? i know US, China, Britain, Pakistan, India, Russia.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I never said i was right for the french nuclear nuke potential. But that's our politic, because we are the guardian of Europe :

Germany cant have a decent army
Tatcher has bankrupted U.K.
Spain and Portugal are not very well equiped to weapons...

What does it left ?

Italy, Belgium, Holland and France.

Anyway, Europe will soon make a united army, so all these strike forces will be put in common, and things will be better.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
current Nuclear weapons holders:

(the official 5)
US
UK
China
Russia
France
--------
(unnoficial official nuke holders)
Israel
India
Pakistan
North Korea
--------
(Countries with the capability to quickly field them)
Japan (considered by most to be a nuclear power, has the capability and material to field nuclear weapons within 6 months of deciding to, and the rockets they use for sattelites could quickly be converted to ICBM's that are on par with the US and Russia's)
--------
(former nuclear powers, gave them up_
South Africa
Argentina

Edit : I forgot Russia and put UK and Britain as 2 seperate entries hehe oops

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by KKing123]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
current Nuclear weapons holders:

(the official 5)
US
UK
China
Britain
France
--------

your forgeting russia

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The nuclear list is even longer because there are several countries that could produce weapons very fast if they wanted to, one being surprise surprise: Canada.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join