It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For what purpose do ufo's come here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I believe the major reason they come here is for heavy metal retrieval.
Reconnaissance is secondary.
Rense had a cool article of a ufo parked on a mountainside in mexico for a number of days very near a gold mine.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When you consider the vast number of asteroid, planets and other objects in space why would aliens need to visit earth for heavy metals? I'm sure there are greater volumes of 'supplies' in easier locations than earth.

If aliens do visit earth, then i would imagine they view us as we would view a ants nest

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think they would come here to observe, like we would if we found life on another planet. Except they don't come down to the land, because that would cause problems, alien wars and everyone would go crazy and stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Haven't chatted it up with them personally. Purely hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I believe the major reason they come here is for heavy metal retrieval.
Reconnaissance is secondary.

Maybe. But don't you think there are probably entire asteroids made of gold floating around in the universe that would be a lot easier to get than the stuff down here at the bottom of our big old gravity well?

Also, if they have enough power to get here from other planets (supposedly), don't you think it's possible that they might have harnessed atomic fusion or something even more powerful that would allow them to basically make all the gold they want? Even us puny humans have theoretically figured out how to create gold using fusion. I imagine that aliens would be able to do it for real.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Pick your spirit up, take you for a ride in an unconventional craft and hope the love is strong enough to hold you together, while your minds split apart.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
For what purpose do ufo's come here?

1st.... your supposing that "Alien" InterStellar ships/craft
actually Are in the Earth's skies... to be witnessed.

enough said !

[edit on 5-2-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For all we know, this planet may actually be the most unique and abundant source for a variety of many things. Our desire to go travel to distant worlds might actually prove to be very disappointing and mundane.

For all we know, the word about this planet has spread around and many may come here to blend in with our various cultures. Some may refer to them as: Watchers and fallen, who don't want to ever leave. Maybe this is also their favorite interactive reality channel as well?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Geez udio, perhaps just the 100,000's of sighting by people like you and me come to mind. They all can't be good ol usa tech. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For all you know, UFOs have inhabitted this planet lonnger than you think.
for all you know we are the "aliens".

for all you know, if ETs wanted to reveal themselves to the public and tell people who they are, they would have done so.
for all you knowthey are wondering why we havent gone back where we came from. hehe

hypotheses are fun... hypothetically speaking...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
IF we are visited by intelligent beings from out there (and not out when), in my opinion the logical reasons to come here must be for scientific reasons/research. Maybe somewhere there is a movie "Humans in the myst (or milk)"
After all, who said that life must be a carbon/water based?
Infinite number of planets - infinite number of different life types- infinite number of inteligence.
And we live in the periphery of the Universe. NO MINERAL is worth travelling that far.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
IF we are visited by intelligent beings from out there (and not out when), in my opinion the logical reasons to come here must be for scientific reasons/research. Maybe somewhere there is a movie "Humans in the myst (or milk)"
After all, who said that life must be a carbon/water based?
Infinite number of planets - infinite number of different life types- infinite number of inteligence.
And we live in the periphery of the Universe. NO MINERAL is worth travelling that far.

its odd how people think ETs must travel lights years away to come "visit" the earth...

its also more perculiar how peole think ETs are interested in "earthly" things to help them in some way shape or form.

so ETs obviously seem to posses great air space technology, and can shroud our memories by not letting us fully remember when we been abdcuted, they can mutilate cows with "god-like" precisiopn, and insert myterious "chips or object" inside our bodies without leaving a trace of wounds or cuts; But somehow , [in our minds.] we seem to have something they dont have... [/insert ideological phylosophical logic]

i wonder when i used to go out in the country side, if the animals out on the farm thought i came to work just to "visit" them because they fascinate me- or did they realize i just came just because i had to wok and had stuff to do...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Why would aliens want gold unless they have a crazy monetary system like ours.

As Warren Buffet put it re gold, "if some alien race was watching us they'd think we were crazy. We dig it out of a hole in the ground, melt it down into ingots, then put it in a different hole in the ground & pay people to stand around guarding it."

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, gold is an essential metal in electronics technology. Your computer contains gold even!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

There are many reasons I think...One of which has to do with the drake equation, which I covered extensively in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
maybe they just like our food?

or we're just a fancy motorway service stop - dad needs to take a leek,mum wants some trashy airport novel and the kids can pick up a spooked abductee to play with

why wouldnt they want to come here? thats the qestion!

this world has everything except peace,honest governments,free energy for all and anti gravity.

and us humans are bloody intersting! no?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by jpm1602

There are many reasons I think...One of which has to do with the drake equation, which I covered extensively in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

drake equation may be flawed for all you know.

we are basing "reasons" why ETs might be interested in Earth based on examples of us. we are "projecting"; we are imagining ourselves in their shoes.
we are so ego-centric, that there must be a reason, we need explainations, even if we must only assume them.
what you should be wondering is why are we so interested in ETs.
and if you think you know why, then, im positive that you dont.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Well, gold is an essential metal in electronics technology. Your computer contains gold even!

I wouldn't exactly say it's "essential." It does have some conductive properties that make it slightly better than other metals, but good ol' copper and iron do quite nicely for most applications.

It's mostly valuable because it's shiny and extremely malleable, which is good for ornamentation. It was worth a lot a long time before anybody knew anything about its interesting electrical properties.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I really believe they come here to show us that we are not alone, and so we quit acting like we are the only thing in the universe and start working togeather or we will never attain what they have. Its symbolic and a hint to mankind.

I seriously doubt that they have any interest in our planet's resources or what it has to offer since they must have the technology to pretty much attain what ever they want when ever they want so perhaps they communicate on a much more advanced level maybe even "spiritual" to some degree.

just my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I believe Dorthy Izzat had the best answer for this question. If you watched her movie "Capturing the Light" She pretty much says something along the lines on how we are all connected in the Universe and just because we can't see them does not mean they are not here. She goes on to say they tell her that we are all children of the light and they are here to show "man" that they exist and they worry about the human race because we are becoming a danger to ourself and our solar system or universe. " E.G. what we do here on this planet affects others." Some of them spill over into our dimension as we spill over into theirs.

Or something like that along those lines.

I am probably not doing her justice but you just have to see the movie.

That's my two cents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join