It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The all seeing eye and psychic abilities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hello, and welcome.

This thread is designed to attempt to uncover what it is that gives some the ability to 'read' other people and how they do it.
Some say it is to do with the mysterious 'third eye' in the centre of our foreheads. Maybe it's true. Some feel it is a connectivity we all share with each other, like lines of energy joining us all together.

Some disbelieve completely in astrology, tarot and palmistry.
Here, you will find that I use none of the above. The example we're going to use is my thread on Avatar Symbolisms in BTS. But first I hope you can all take the time to read Buck Divisions thread on The convergence of Jupiter and Venus which is what got the ball rolling.

Buck put forward this;

By Buck Division

I think you have legitimately demonstrated a psychic ability to read people, backing up some of the earlier discussions on this thread.

In particular, I note that you are actually reading a person based upon something that person consciously select (as you describe above.) It is a type of "superperception", which is much more rational than following detached physical phenomenon, such as star gazing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

It is from his prompt that this has begun.

Reading through Bucks thread will show you how I see these things operate.
Once you've done that, I hope you can then find the time to go through my thread on Avatar Symbolisms to see exactly what all the fuss is about. There's also a bit more info there which I've posted and I'm sure some of you will bring up a few questions that I will try to answer.

This is, of course, an attempt to confirm Bucks point that I have "legitimately demonstrated a psychic ability". There are times where I get a lot more information from some people than I would with others.

I hope we can all bring together some good data on this and that some from the scientific fields would take an interest to put their points forward, which is most important for a lot of people.

A method has been talked about and then a 'field test' (still on-going) was performed, so now we need to piece together further questions and hopefully a conclusion.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Kurokage asked me;

How old were you when you started to get those weird feelings that you knew something or someone and did you ever try psychometry.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It's hard to say really, I started watching people and being generally observant sometime around my early teens. It's not something that I suddenly woke up to. It seems to have grown on me as time has gone by. It wasn't until my twenties where I started to take more of an interest into it, although i had been reading about ghosts and UFO's since I was about six yrs. old.

From what I've read, people who have wanted to enhance the ability have tried many things, Tarot, Astrology, nutmeg, crystal balls and various natural substances. It appears these have been quite successful methods for those most commonly known.

Yes, I've tried Psychometry, once. It was actually for someone who was reading the contents of peoples wallets to give a profile of them. I offered to do a reading for the reader. Took his wallet, but I didn't open like he had the others. i then prceeded to give my reading.

I've no idea how good or bad it was as he didn't say a single word afterwards. He just bought me a drink. I don't recall saying another thing about it to each other even weeks after the event. So, although it was only once..I've done it

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here ya go. Keep us posted as to how you do. It works for lots of folks. Free from my bud rysa5.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Extralien, I am glad you started this thread, because I wanted to get back to you re my av reading.

Originally posted by Extralien
This here is partly fun, but It's done with honesty and what I genuinely 'feel', so it does have a certain amount of seriousness about it.

First, I liked reading that.

Now to my read--
After I asked you for my read, I went back to look at my avatar again. In another thread, I have joked about my avatar camel; but this time, I seemed to notice for the first time, the sun in the background, wondering if it were a sunrise or sunset, ending up with the opinion that it was a sunset.

Then I saw your read. It really did fit. Especially the last sentence, which surprised me. It is true. I have done that. For me then, a very powerful line, a very specific line, which I would not have expected to come out from just looking at the avatar.

The sunset was a big part of your read, yet it hadn't been of significance to me until I looked again at my avatar, after asking you to read it.
What came out in the reading is both literal and figural. I do enjoy coming home from work, the literal, but it dawned on me that that is also the answer and explanation (figurative) to a big question at this point in my Life.

During a difficult/turning point in my Life, I had to do my own dreamwork to figure out what the dreams were telling me. I was able to interpret my dreams. Wow, that was neat. And helpful

The dream interpretations were based on archetypes, but it was up to the dreamer to interpret them. I could help friends/strangers with their dreams, by explaining the archetypes, with the dreamer choosing his/her significance.
For your avatar readings, though, you seem to go beyond presenting the archetypes to actually zeroing in on the significance.

I seem to recall that at one time, people who would do psychic readings were called "sensitives".

Thank you again!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thank you for that Illahee, but these types of videos and reports and books etc. talk about such things and express opinions that a lot of sceptics shy away from.

My point of this thread is tied in with the links I have provided in my first post here. As is stated, it is believed that I have demonstrated an ability.

This is the major difference between knowing all about it, preaching it, and or relying on the teachings of others to learn the ways of doing it.

In my mind, some of the information given by a lot of similarly related items do nothing but confuse with talk of spirits and higher beings, realms and inter-dimensionality etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong. I fully respect and understand everyones opinions and beliefs but the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Anyway, thank you for posting it. It's a shame that guy sounds like he's about to fall asleep though

Personally I much prefer to watch 'What the bleep do we know..' This touches on quantum physics and is, in a way, as much as good method of explaining a lot of things as your posted link or anyone elses. hope you get some time to check it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Desert, you are more than welcome.

I am glad you have found that connection.
The setting sun in your avatar, to me, was a very significant point. Your post here just strengthens the subconscious act we all generally make when choosing objects, items, avatars for ourselves.

What seems like a random act is actually driven by something deeper inside us.

Most of the reading i have done usually present me with words which lead to connections of things and i occasionally get images too. The images stand out in my mind, like a dream actually, and I get more words from them.

The point with the words is that i can feel what they say, rather than seeing a word in my head. So the words are literally expressed as an emotion to me.

Yes, these types of people are also known as Empaths, which is a field of clairvoyance. i believe i posted a link to wikipedia with that explanation on another thread but I'll put one here too as this thread is about collecting the data after all.

Empath is a term coming into common usage to refer to a person with a feeling expanded sensitivity or clairsentience.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the field of parapsychology, clairsentience [From the French clair, “clear,” + sentience, “feeling,” ultimately derived from the Latin clarus, “clear,” + sentiens, derived from sentire, “to feel”] is a form of extra-sensory perception wherein a person acquires psychic knowledge primarily by means of feeling.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Oh yeah, I forgot to say put the tea water on, or get a cup of coffee, before watching it.

He has I think 175 of those. Might be 200 now. It pretty much gives an entry level primer explaining quite a bit about the third eye.

I do like What the Bleep. I reference it a few times in the LOA thread. Its pretty good entry level material.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In agreement with what the bleep. Though it is a bit deep to follow even for some more experienced as the train of thought is quite continuous.

I've read many topics on various beliefs and religions and can personaly find no real link or connection with any of them to myself. What I did find is the same common message that they all share.

This common link seems to be that us humans have a far greater awareness into the subconscious and all its possibilities than we are ever taught.

Most religions teach lessons on how to live a 'good' life. They teach of life and death. They teach of spirituality.

Wicca, witchcraft, white magic, Paganism, Astrology and other similar things teach the belief of a more spiritual nature. Look at the witch doctors of many a native tribe who commune in the spirit world. Who are we to disbelieve them when there are 'normal everyday people' with similar skills.

ATS is an important place to discuss all this because of the worlds current affairs and the prophecies of the future for us humans.

I do not, in any way, favour any one particular path. I don't follow any religion or set of rules regarding this topic as you'll see from my previous posts.. I can only go on what I know and am aware of to be truth. The more evidence presented to us changes how we think and act, but it wont change the natural drive of our inner self to become that which we are destined to be.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Extralien can I try your avatar...please. Here goes..

Your calm and relaxed character allows your ideas to flow, exploring the different areas of your mind. But you are still very rational in your thinking, although sometimes you are not always happy with the answers that logic provides you with. So you look to bend the answers or even question the actual question itself.

Any good?.... I could see the images in my head but couldnt think how to put them into words, I guess this takes time to learn..

Was I even close....

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Not bad, nice attempt. I'm only calm and relaxed when I'm not stressed and angry. hehehehehe.

Yeah, i got a fairly creative mind that's busy most of the time.

Kind of a logically rational logic...

I cant bend answers, i can try to answer them differently, but we're all aware the truth of the answer we all finally come to.

Putting the images into words is a bit hard sometimes as you might see something that you deem important but has absolutley no relevance to the person you're doing a reading for, so if you mention it then the readings wrong, but it's possible that if you don't mention it, then what could have been a major breakthrough is lost forever.

This is a good point to note as we continue with this topic. If you do see or feel something about someone, how much info do you give out? A major issue might get missed.

On reply to your previous question;

Is it all based on the psychology of reading people, personal script, or personal symbols. Which is used to "predict" or "read" the person, is there any unknown force at work here at all...or is it both.

U2U
Yes it is a form of psychology, though i'm self taught, symbols and text do say a lot about someone, though in this case I only use the avatars.

This is the point of my thread for the discussion of this,.. if there is an unkown force then it's going to be hard to locate or prove. I do seem to connect with something, be it my subconscious or a higher level of some descript i can't really say.. logic and science do come into this very much. We forget how alchemy led to chemistry, witches wizards and wise old people led to doctors and brain surgeons..

You yourself have now just begun to see and understand how it's done and how it works. you've trusted what you feel and expressed it.
It's only logical to look at it from all view points and try to comprehend what is going on and it's nice to have someone like you here to look at all the questions and answers in this thread.

I personally believe every one can do it. They say young children are more open to seeing hosts than adults are. We are blinded by so much as we grow, there's nobody or anything to show us alternative possibilities in this life. We're all hurriedly rushed off to school without a second glance.

Edit to add...

Forgot to mention..
You've all had a taste of how i think and work by the way I write and what I write. If you've read the threads then you've gained foresight into me, so doing a reading of my avatar is biased as you've already gained a subconscious opinion. I do all the avatar reading 'dry', from scratch, with no pre-knowledge (to the best of my ability, and i do try to state if i already partly know someone).

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I hope my last post didnt seem a little rude, I often jump in at the deep end first, then ask the simple questions at the end, please forgive me if my post came across all knowing. im not, I was just curious..

I read your u2u after I posted, was my avatar reading even slightly close, I only have logic and reason on my side just wondered if this could looked at in a scientific way only.

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hi JQ,

dont worry, all is fine.. you weren't rude at all.

Yes, it was a nice attempt and is on the right lines.

Although, with no offence, it was a mere morsel of a scratch on the surface.
But I'm sure my readings are that too as we are aware of the huge complexity of our personal characters.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I "read" people all the time in life. The way they walk, talk, expressions, dress, hand movements, etc. Including more subtle things that the subconscious picks up and is communicated to the conscious mind via 'feelings', 'vibes', or 'gut instinct'.

Though reading avatars is something which I hadn't placed much significance in until Extralien demonstrated accurate and surprisingly detailed avatar readings. Until now I didn't realize how much our avatars revealed about us.

It makes sense though. Avatars are very personal. They're a digital reflection of ourselves... or at least certain aspects of ourselves which we want to make visible to others (whether consciously or not). Often times we don't even realize why we like certain things, such as a particular piece of art. Perhaps it's because that picture is a says something about us which we are attached to (and I use the word "attached" because one can become attached to negative emotions as well as positive).

IMO, our attachments speak to us, about us. An avatar is a digital reflection of sorts.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok Extralien, if you don't mind a read on your avatar:

You feel like you see the world from the other side of the mirror. To you things that seem so simple are difficult for others to grasp. You feel the urge to utter the words of direction but always feel the time has just slipped past to do so. You exist in a state of supreme peace and utter chaos at the same time but view the outer from that state of peace. You spend a certain amount of time alone in contemplation of life the world and existence, yet feel if there was more time you may have it all worked out in your head, and look forward to that at a latter date.
You feel love as everyone else does but perhaps distance yourself internally just a bit to view the the feelings as well as feel them. You live in a warm place and enjoy the sun from under the shade. You distrust every one until such a time as trust is proven.

Razor edge close?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

close on a couple of points, the rest is almost the opposite.

Nice reading though. It's me that has trouble doing the things that others make simple. If I do give words of 'direction' (would be more advice rather than an order) nobody listens anyway.

I don't try to work things out. the reality is that we all keep learning, the day we die we learn what that is like..

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
May be i'm the one seeing from the other side of the mirror. Was a fun test though. I usually see the inverse whenever I give it a shot. I will try again from second sight this time in a couple days.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hi Extralien,

This is making me think....

The way I viewed your avatar is probably as you said, to do with word association (u2u)

I will try to offer a brief explanation to what I saw..

I looked at the water on the candle which to me gave the image of calm, relaxed etc then as it was flowing, this could be associated with an easy going character. Seeing a candle with a flame would be classed as being logical but a candle with water in its place is not, and direct opposites. This gave me the idea that you look for logic first or that you like logic but also like to bend it or even question it.

I wonder though, if this was practised by someone on a daily basis would they become better at reading the avatars, as time went on, or would there never be a true connection between the images in their mind and the words they write down.

I am still intrigued with my reading, can I just say it took me 5 mins to find my avatar on the internet after I typed in my user name "John Q" when I saw the picture (avatar) I thought it looked quite funny. And that was it... I didnt think anything more of it than that. Looking at the avatar from a logical point of view, I can see the reference to "being in the spotlight" because of the spotlight and reference to business (I do run my own business) because of the meeting room but how did you know I was polite, (I take great pride in being polite to people) where can that be seen on the avatar and also you said I was a people person, which is true but how do you know that.

Can I ask if you have seen any of my posts before on other threads, I do not believe that we have discussed any topics together as yet...

This is fascinating....

Kind regards,

JQ.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by John Q]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

I can see the big smile on your face when you found that avatar, and the warm glow of deep pride you felt as you posted it into place and watched it come online.

it's this pride of place that you've given the image that shows your politeness and how you deal with others. You don't like getting your image or your name tarnished.

The picture itself struck a big chord in you that made you buzz with one of the biggest WOW's you've had..

Yes, I do tend to start off with logic.. you need to give your brain some food first, then it just seems to flow. I don't sit there and study a picture for ages and work it all out on paper.

Once I get started, the rest flows... it's like a book being streamed into my head.. the info just comes, be it an emotion, image or pure common sense...If I get stuck, a quick glance back to the picture helps a bit.

No, I have not seen any of your other posts. I have tried to state (and will do from now on) all those that I have had some contact with here on ATS.

Regarding the candle in my avatar.. the water reflects how all is not what it seems and shows endless possibilities. Life needs balance. fire and water, Earth and air. day and night, right and wrong, up and down, life and death.

edit to add.

Yes you would get better the more you do it. The brain makes connections to things you do regularly. Training the brain is something we all do yet believe we are being taught...

edit to add#2

If you read the quote by Buck Division in the first post here, and then compare it to some of the readings and responses I get, then this brings in a bigger question. The superperception as Buck describes it seems to just pop into my head.

For example,
earthchild popped in and wanted a reading, to which I said;

Blue eyes perhaps?

I asked it as a question as the actual question came to me. I saw (or believed I saw) in my head two blue eyes, and in those eyes was the question, are they blue or not? It was the expression of the eyes that gave the question.
To which earthchild replied;

I have piercing green eyes though for some reason a lot of people seem to remember them as blue.... including my own husband!!

Now that's a pretty good read from my part.. What I saw as a question is an actual question that is regularly posed to earthchild. The chances of me knowing that beforehand are very very slim. Actually, I had absolutely no idea, yet at the time I did the reading the question appeared.

Here's another example taken from the reading of benevolent tyrant

Even mentioning the fact that I am tall (6'2") and my personal principled struggle to "defend all, no matter race, creed, colour." This is something that I publicly espouse to family, friends and anyone who might care to ask.

There's no way I could have known that, yet I picked up on it.
Yes, some things are ordinary, daily,, run of the mill stuff that a vast majority may share, but certain points do come up that give more depth and feeling to the reading.

Is it a form of telepathy? Is it something else? Superperception?

It would be interesting to get plugged into one of those brain activity scanner things to see what parts of my brain light up when I do the readings.
Chances of that happening are quite low though... any offers?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Hello, and welcome.

This thread is designed to attempt to uncover what it is that gives some the ability to 'read' other people and how they do it.
Some say it is to do with the mysterious 'third eye' in the centre of our foreheads. Maybe it's true. Some feel it is a connectivity we all share with each other, like lines of energy joining us all together.

I read your thread and you hit me. i mean, let me tell you somethin if you got the time. i will tell you my part in all this.

it only works when i see people doing something that comes natural to them, for example, being with friends and talking, or just reading. i have to look at the eyes and for a split second i see, or "read", there life and read who they are as a person in life. i literally SEE it in one flash. but its not a flash OF there life persay. its a shape that represents there life and my mind studies that shape real fast and "decodes" it. and in the end i see what there life was. i dont know what to call it but i love it and i love where ever it came from.

i dont know where this ability came from. i dont know if its my thrird eye or what but it is the reason i joined ATS. i did a search on google for what i could do and found ATS.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ucanneverdie]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ucanneverdie

I fully understand what you are expressing. Some call it intuition. Others would say you're just naturally skilled at reading people which gives attributes about them to you.

Only you know for sure though.

I get similar things when I watch people too but you may be taking more time to observe than I usually do.

I'm glad you found ATS and have written in this thread. Perhaps, in time, anyone who posts here will help to put into perspective the things we experience.

I know what I can do and how it occurs, but not why or the outside influences that cause the 'ability'. The why is not too much of an importance as the cause is far more interesting at this time.

Thank you for adding to this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join