It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embryos With 3 Parents Created

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
www.livescience.com...

LONDON (AP) — British scientists have created human embryos containing DNA from two women and one man, a procedure that could potentially prevent conditions including epilepsy, diabetes and heart failure.

As interesting as this article is, and as positive of a reward it may be to eliminate bad genes.....should we? I don't really agree in altering genes like this. Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should. Im sticking with evolution on this one. Slow and steady wins the race.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Great news for people with alternative lifestyles

The scientists say that the embryos are still only primarily the product of one man and one woman.

"We are not trying to alter genes, we're just trying to swap a small proportion of the bad ones for some good ones,'' said Patrick Chinnery, a professor of neurogenetics at Newcastle University involved in the research.

who's the mother ?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Klev, ya beat me to this story too
. Glad to see someone is actually paying attention.

I think we should focus on rejuvenating people/animals/plants etc that are already living instead of creating new life.

We seem to have no problem creating designer pets and humans, but we can't seem to care about droughts, famines, genocides...The list goes on forever.

One step forward, two steps backwards...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Another one we can alter our genes or cells through our genetic knowing.

Light activates the codes into the bodies cellular growth.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This kind of reminds me of the movie Twins, with Danny Devito and The Governator. Remember in that movie, they had like a dozen fathers or something like that.. it was a while back.. my memory is a bit hazy.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yea having two moms and one dad is neat and all, but the conditions they're hoping will be prevented are proven to be related to the american diet, I don't see the point.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Evolution is a fight for survival. If this helps us along the way, I say go for it.

We find a cure for one disease and a new one always pops up. A new one always will. We live in a harsh world where parasites and bacteria are always trying to find a way to live off us, and eventually kill us.

This is just another tool in the old medical tool box to insure our survival. I'm all for that.

Will it be abused? yea, most likely. But it's still just another tool we can use to insure our survival.

It is not wrong to increase our knowledge base. The only wrong is what we do with it. Thats not the fault of knowledge, thats the fault of mankind.

wupy

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
this is pretty cool.

me and this guy i work with always tell people we are twins (he is black and i am white) then we would tell a story about how that happened.

now we can justify it.

top topics

join