It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians Denounce Bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The first Arab leader to actively stand up to Bin Laden and his cronies is, ironically, the only Arab leader to be pretty much diplomatically isolated by both the West and the Arabs.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Could this be a turning point for the Middle Eastern conflict? Is Arafat just playing with the media? Or is he now a target for removal by Al-Qaeda?

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Bold move by Arafat..but smart..i only Hope he is sincere..i serioulsy think Arafats days are numbered..he will be killed soon..very possable for this comment..the bin landen could not ask for a better set up..kill Arafat and then blame it on the Isrealies..what a shyt storm that would start..

Boomslang

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"In an interview with London's Sunday Times newspaper, Mr Arafat said the leader of the al-Qaeda network was hiding behind the Palestinian cause for his own purposes. "
If you notice the bold text, they don't consider Arafat as the President or Leader. Just a thing I noticed.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hmm. A very bold move by Arafat. Boomslang you are right. This man's days are numbered, and he's going to be killed by 2004.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Arafat is like UBL, if he feels he is in danger he will run and hide in some cave or will flee the country.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Don't be fooled by Arafat. He's a terrorist who supports many terrorists groups and actions.

Also, he's very smart and he knows how to manipulate the medias ( specially the westerns leftists medias who luv to be manipulated by him ) to his own purposes.I do not like him, but I have to admit it, he's smart. Very smart ! So, becarefull when you read or heard something who's coming from him.

[Edited on 31-12-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 09:20 AM
link   
is simply playing the same game he's always played...
buying time and damage control.

I agree with UP, he's a terrorist through and through. How he ever began to even be recognized as a diplomat was some masterful PR work, but you can only fool people for so long...

You can bet that Arafat partied with the rest of them on 9/11...

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't know that he's necissarily buying time, he probably is angered that Ossama skipped out on a payment or shipment of suicide bombers or something, and so is double crossing him back!

Evil men hold no alliances, only benifits. When those benifits run dry, they turn on eachother like the wild dogs yapping for the last peice of the wildebeast.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Although this thread is 20 years old, I should point out that when Osama bin Laden was killed by US Navy SEALs at his compound in Abbottabod, Pakistan, the Palestinian Authority followed in Arafat's footsteps by cheering the death of bin Laden while and Hamas denounced bin Laden's death, saying, "We condemn the assassination and the killing of an 'Arab holy warrior'.

Links:
www.reuters.com...
www.jpost.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

Was he killed there? i find that story strange.
The US never confirmed the so called secret helicopter in the mission to Abbottabod, Pakistan.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Potlatch

Was he killed there? i find that story strange.
The US never confirmed the so called secret helicopter in the mission to Abbottabod, Pakistan.

There's a photo of the stealth helicopter used in the US Navy SEAL air raid that killed Osama bin Laden at this link:
www.militarytimes.com...

top topics

join