It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News and The History Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Does Fox News Network own The History Channel? Does anyone out there know? The reason I'm asking is that this morning while watching Fox 2 News, (Detroit area), One of the reporters in the studio was interviewing 2 of the members from the new UFO series on the History Channel.
I thought it kind of odd that they would be promoting this new series, seeing that it wasn't being shown on the Fox network. On top of that there was no hint of making a joke about the show. Anyone have feedback?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure its owned by A&E Television Networks, but I have no clue if there is any affiliation between A&E and Fox. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chartreusechick

Different companies. Fox is owned by News Corporation. AETN is owned by the Walt Disney Company.

Here's a good resource to figure out all the Big Media connections:

The Big Ten

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Fox is owned by
en.wikipedia.org...

And they pretty much own everything else!

Disney owns the history channel
backissues.cjrarchives.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Whoever owns them, I have found that they produce much better 'alternate' programs than the other major contender, National Geographic. Has anyone noticed how NG is biased on EVERYTHING? They don't even produce evidence for whatever they're debunking, they just say 'no, it happened this way'. The history channel tends to be much more unbiased and their UFO files series is one of the best series on the subject out there, if not the best.

I don't want to derail, but who owns NG and what, if any, agenda is at work there?

top topics

join