It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Ozark UFO conference.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Once again the Ozark UFO conference is upon us and I was just wondering if any other ATS members were going to attend.

The conference last year had some great speakers, especially Sam Maranto and Richard Dolan. This years looks to be just as good with Linda Moulton Howe returning along with several other speakers from last years event. Doesn't look like Richard Dolan will make it this year though, darnit. A few speaker slots are still open. (SPRINGER! WHY AREN'T YOU ON THAT PODIUM???)

Last year I was amazed at the license plates on the parking lot. People had come from all over the country to attend. I had the most amazing conversation with a lady from Huntsville Alabama. The odd part was I once traveled to Huntsville to see a lady friend who was an abductee. We shared a cabin in the woods for a week, but I really shouldn't go there.

If anyone else is going to attend, let me know. I'll tell you how to pick me out of the crowd. We can have some drinks and share some stories.

I'll probably do a write up on the event when it's over. Last year I did a podcast which turned out, well, terrible. This year I'll keep better notes and maybe do a full story.

I just wish I had broken down and bought that ATS T-shirt to wear to the event.

Hope to see you there my friends,

wupy

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'd like to hear about this, if you manage to write down what they're saying :-). I'm looking forward to the results

Alex

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I would love to attend, but I have school...and I live in Canada. Make sure you right a great report!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi,
Check your U2u's as I have decided to attend the conference and would love to meet with you. Talk soon and thanks for the heads up on the conference. And Yes I agree Springer should be one of the guest speakers! Excellent idea and it would only bring more to the forum...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Made my reservations! I will be seeing you there for sure. Cannot wait.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'd like to hear Timothy Good. I have conflict with another activity then unfortunately. I ahve alwasy wanted to go to one. Hopefully, someone will report.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I'd like to hear Timothy Good. I have conflict with another activity then unfortunately. I ahve alwasy wanted to go to one. Hopefully, someone will report.

I'll do a report. Hopefully it will be better than the one I did last year.

There is a small pub not far from the convention where everyone meets at night to get blasted and really talk up the subject. I couldn't find the pub last year and I was sober.

I'm hoping to have better luck this year.

I look forward to meeting you there Antar. Between the two of us we should be able to shine some light.

I just need to go order that ATS T-Shirt.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This will be my first time to attend and my very first UFO conference, so I really don't know what to expect. I have had reservations since October and will be arriving on Friday morning. Do many people attend?

I have reviewed the speaker list and many of the speakers are ones that I am familar with.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by starbrite]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Great starbrite, that makes 3 of us that will be there together. Well that is as long as mrwupy doesnt land us in the pokie with his tinfoil hat idea... mrwupy, shame on you! jk I cant wait ! PS I will find the pub!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am curious where is the pub and does it have a name? That could be an important point of discussion. I am staying where the convention is. I have been to Eureka Springs before, but it was several year ago.

I haven't gotten into it so much that I wear a tinfold hat, however, I am leaving it at home. I only wear it when I go out at nite in search of craft. (j/k)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
When you register they give you a name tag. If you have pre-registered the name tag is printed out. If you register on the day of the convention they write it out with a marker. I register on the day it begins.

Just look for an old hippie with a pony tail. (Who's hanging out with Antar)

This should be fun. ATS members getting together to have some drinks and laughs and dine on fine meals and maybe even learn a little bit.

I hope we get to meet Starbrite.

We have a week to set it up.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So you never got back to me as the actual height of the second largest Jesus statue that is in Eureka Springs? Also what is the circumference of his head?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So you never got back to me as the actual height of the second largest Jesus statue that is in Eureka Springs? Also what is the circumference of his head?

It's 67 feet tall. Should I bring bail money?

Here is a link: Christ of the Ozarks.

I'm not really sure how big around the head is. Maybe we can learn a little this year and set things up for next April. We'll have to discuss this further, but not on ATS. We'll get banned for just discussing it and if we succeed it can't be traced back here. I just hope we can get enough aluminum foil.

Also, keep in mind there are two Inn of the Ozarks hotels just a mile or so apart in Eureka. The one we want will have signs out front saying, "Welcome to the 2008 UFO conference!" or something along those lines. The other just gives you a bad look if you walk in and ask about it.

What we really should have done is made plans to stay at the Crescent Hotel. The most haunted hotel in all of Arkansas. Then we could have given a double report. Maybe next year.

I'm counting down the days.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
OK folks, I'm heading out the door for the drive to Eureka. If I'm not back to posting by Sunday afternoon, I need you to file a missing persons report with Star Fleet Command. Tell them the aliens got me

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am back! We had the time of our lives, GREAT weekend and I have to say mrwupy is now one of my very favorite people on the planet. What a gentleman and friend. I hope to see him again soon. I will let him post pictures of our weekend including the Crescent Hotel where he treated me to a haunted tour of the scariest place on the planet. The pictures of him in the Morgue are priceless! I will come back to post more later, gota clean house for a few as the kids have wrecked the place and my ex stayed in my room, and hid the whole weekend. The history on the computer is sooo long! At least I know where they were, lol. Fasinating stories to tell, later! mrwupy, (rohbsnortingalumsaof)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes, I'm back as well and have to add that it was a wonderful weekend. The only thing about being out for the whole weekend is I'm now officially dead tired.

I did load all the pic's Antar and I took into photobucket.

Antar is a trip
a very pleasant trip though

Despite the fact Antar was in cabin 20 and I was in cabin 12 and we realized that between us we equaled 2012, We decided not to take that as a bad sign. I mean, it's not like it was an omen or anything, right?

I'll post more on the actual conference later. Right now I'm going to go crawl in the shower.

Love and light,

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ANtar/MrWupy:
Looking forward to hearing about the conferance...
BP

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
pleas·ant Audio Help /ˈplɛzənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[plez-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. pleasing, agreeable, or enjoyable; giving pleasure: pleasant news.
2. (of persons, manners, disposition, etc.) socially acceptable or adept; polite; amiable; agreeable.
3. fair, as weather: a pleasant summer day.
4. Archaic. gay, sprightly, or merry.
5. Obsolete. jocular or facetious.

I can't believe you are calling me fair,archaic, gay, sprightly, jockular, and of all things obsolete!
See if I use the 'seat Goddess' with you next time...

Really I think you should start the review, we could do this good cop bad cop style.

You can be the good cop.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'd like to hear about your field trip with wupy. And post some pictures too!

Tell us all about the ozark conference. I don't think I'd ever go to a ufo conference...

Now if ATS had one...That would be a different story.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
OK, I'm going to finally see if I can get this underway.

Since Antar and I were both at the conference we have decided to take the tag team approach. I'll start the thread out and discuss a bit about the speaker that was up and post some pictures and then she'll weigh in with her thoughts and we'll go from there.

When you first walk in the door at the conference this is the first thing you see:

Somehow I'm just positive each of them follow the rules

At one o'clock the conference started and I was getting worried. There was no sign of Antar. Still, I took over a row of seats in a good location by laying my notes and camera and bags all over the place and got ready for what I thought for sure would be a monumental experience.

After the opening remarks the announcer, Lou Farish, informed us that the first speaker would now be the last because American Airlines had grounded her flight. Instead we would be hearing Grant Cameron first.

Grant Cameron wasn't even scheduled to speak but I decided to take this as a bonus. A freebie if you will.

He would be discussing:

All I could do was kick back, take a picture or two and wait to see how this would play out.

To be honest, It turned out to be a fairly decent presentation.

More about Grant Cameron.

Mr. Cameron talked in length about past presidents and comments they had made on the subject of UFOs, slowly leading up to the current crop of contenders for the oval office and where they stood on the issue.

About halfway through, Antar came creeping down the side isle, looking for a seat. I had never seen her in person or even a pic but there was no doubt she had finally made it. She sat a few rows ahead of me to my right, The lady has a gift for snagging the best seats in the house, even if someone else is already sitting there. (More about that later)

Back to the lecture. I wasn't aware that Obama plans to make massive cut backs in NASA to fund his education platform. I made a note to look that up. Supposedly it's in his proposed budget. I haven't looked it up yet, it's just something that really caught my attention when Mr. Cameron mentioned it.

I Think I'll let Antar post a bit and see if she has any insights into the lecture.

I'll be back after her comments to finish up my part on the first speaker.

Hang in there folks, this whole thread could take a couple of days to get fully posted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join