It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What If" scenario, a UFO crashes and you have physical evidence, what do you do next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jackcowboy

As this is a theoretical scenario, I didn't realise we were going to criticise each others takes on it.

I don't see how anyone would be able to "confiscate" my evidence, if my evidence was dispersed amongst several people. Having sent it to many private phones, the evidence would be diseminated and quite unretrievable. The only problem would be how to deal with the inevitable authoritarian backlash.

And I simply do not believe that every journalist is a government lackey. The chance of an incredibly important article being slapped in your lap will bring out the capitalist in anyone, especially if you were a photo journalist.

I still believe that the sudden and unretrievable spread of vital information is the best course of action. Sitting on it for any length of time will only allow the authorities to close in on you. Just by sending photos of the downed craft's occupants will have, at some point, been intecepted so time will be of the essence.

And I am not that paranoid in that I feel everything we do is monitored, but I fully expect that events such as this, talked about openly and freely over the internet and mobile phones, will ring a whole range of alarm bells in all appropriate government departments.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, if a UFO crashed somewhere near me, and I managed to get some of the pieces, I know exactly what I'm going to do:

EBAY, here I come!!!!

Honestly, I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
First, If I was on the way to work and seen an object come down in the desert, I would stop to investigate. If it were a fireball, than most evidence will be beyond recognition and I would just observe the scene with plenty of pictures. Knowing where the object crashed and it was not a fireball, I would have plenty of time to examine the site since it is away from population. I would call in to work late at this point since I always have my cellphone with camera on hand.

Looking over the site would be exciting and I know authority would have to be alerted by some one who seen the crash location. Since no one but I have so far observed the location and I want to know first what it is I am confronted with, I would hold the 911 call before checking out the scene.

Now, if I see this is a craft with a body, my camera would be a snapping as I laid out a plan of action. If this is wreckage of something unknown, I will scoop significant selected wreckage to keep for later evaluation. If a humanoid is dead or alive, I would look into its eyes for telepathic communication and if it is alive, ask what it wants done.

If it refuses to answer, I will repeat, I am willing to help you, what do you want to do, stay here or leave this place. I will further communicate, if it stays put, there is a good chance it will be held as a threat and probably removed to a facility where it maybe subjected to examination and intense defensive scrutiny.

This should only take perhaps a half hour to collect evidence, and the alien, if it wishes to depart the scene.

Otherwise, I would help comfort the alien if it wishes to remain at the scene, communicate I must go for help and wish upon it peace. I would call 911 and as soon as a reporting authority shows, I will leave with my camera full of pictures and selective evidence hidden from external observed view within my vehicle. My day would continue with my arrival to work with business as usual.

I would remain quiet on what I encountered that day and read the local paper as well as ATS. I than would research around anonymously for a solid trust worthy contact such as Stanton Friedman, Don Berliner, Whitley Strieber, Linda Multon Howe or a UFO organization to reveal my story and discreetly disseminate the collected evidence.

Aliens should not be a contaminate since we and they share the planet now as it is. As for private property and no trespassing, the desert is wide open and if property not of this world is found, whose property is it, the finders.

Edit: Minor spelling correction.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by WorldShadow]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Q
So now you begin to look around for other evidence, your mind is racing, thinking quicker, your eyes keep looking and searching, then you see it.. a small hand from under a bush. As you move closer you begin to see the alien, a small frail body with its big eyes looking up at you.

Now in my opinion this is just beginning to explore the edges of common morality and personal ethics since it seems to me that no-one is considering the fact that those 'big eyes' looking at you might just be alive.

What then?

Gonna run away cos its trespass?
Gonna grab a few holiday snaps that you can sell to your local tabloid?
Gonna phone your girlfriend in case you disappear...

Such humanity.

What about the possibility of the poor bugger thats just slammed into a planet inhabited and dominated by the most violent apex-predator that has he's ever seen.

What if there is something left alive?

Doesnt it get interesting when you start to consider those possibilities....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would take pictures bigtime...
..Get up as close as possible to get it all..Inside if possible...I would touch nothing....
...Sure if there was a tiny pc laying there I might give it a swift kick as far away from the scene as possible..Sure I want a physical pc of something..
..But,..I don't wish to catch anything this mystery ship may be carrying,.....
...Before the police arrive I would hide my camera and play dumb...I would discribe everything I saw to the cops,...And may even pretend to kick myself for forgetting to take some pictures..
..But,.I was just to amazed to think...Then get the hell outta there as they most likely would tell me to...Maybe my fragment could be there the next day when everything is normal...Now the important thing is to be patient...Take you time with the pics..See what happens with the news storys...
...When the time is right ATS will be here for you,...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Take a piece of evidence, make plenty of photos and samples and then lock it away at a secret place. Write a note about where it is locked away. Copy the note 10 times and bury the note at 10 different places.

Then write an ATS-Thread about it, asking people what to do now.

The idea would be to try to keep the chain of custody of the evidence as clear and provable as possible.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hopefully the stuff isn't radioactive and deadly. That would be a shame. But the idea is to have documentation linking the source (the UFO, hopefully you got photos, too), along with documentation of every step you made with it.

I personally think it's a good idea to put the material in a safe, secure place, but I also think it's a bad idea to keep it secret. The idea would be to treat it like any rare object of potentially high value, like a painting or a sculpture. That is, put it someplace secure, but in plain sight so as many people as possible can see it and verify that it's at least real. If the material is big enough, then it can maybe start being divided up and sent to neutral laboratories for analysis.

Unfortunately, there is no recognized neutral clearinghouse of information or artifacts established for UFO material. No group of neutral laboratories (more than one is important) offering free analysis. There is also not much legal precedent when it comes to who "owns" the material. It's not just a matter of "finder's keepers." People are allowed to keep ET material in the form of meteorites, but artifacts like Space Shuttle chunks or other fallen satellite material are usually confiscated by the government.

So this is already starting to cost money. At some point, then, along with contacting scientists, you need to hire a good lawyer that specializes in trusts. It might be a good idea to establish a charitable scientific trust and start contacting individuals and agencies who might be interested in providing financing to make sure the artifact is handled and examined properly. It would be important to maintain transparancy. No anonymity allowed. All the money accounted for. How much you personally want to be involved in the organization is up to you. You can run it as President, if you have experience doing so, or you can just donate it to the organization and be the Chairman of the Board. Depends on how much you want the thing to take over your whole life.

Once the organization is in place, then it will be easier to create a schedule of examinations, press contact, etc. If it turns out not to amount to anything, well, that happens. The organization closes up. But if it turns out to be a verifiable piece of something that proves we are not alone in the universe, then the organization will be necessary to preserve it and keep it in a way that is appropriate to its importance.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Well, if a UFO crashed somewhere near me, and I managed to get some of the pieces, I know exactly what I'm going to do:

EBAY, here I come!!!!

Honestly, I have no idea.

A few people have said about Ebay, but really...do you think an advert like the following would get any buyers!??

"Alien light blaster gun retrieved from local 'downed' UFO. In full, unaltered condition - as I found it. No other object exists on Earth!

Asking price - 1 Billion Dollars"

Surely people would think "NEXT!" when viewing the thread! Everybody would think it was a fraud object surely!

Second thoughts, this is the internet and people are very drawn in to anything out there!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As to the crashed ship, I would walk/run/drive away and forget it.
No one would believe me anyway, and those who might are the ones I would have to frear for ever after.

As to the alien - depends on what he looked like. If he was one of those grey things, or some other monstrosity, forget it. Walk away as said above.
If he were human lookings, well that could be a whole new adventure.
I would first try to determine if he was friendly or hostile.
I'd likely take him home and try to protect him. Bad, I know, harboring and "enemy" they would say, and off to the dungeons I would go.
Ah, but maybe he has friends, maybe here on Earth, who would come and get him. Or maybe "up there" who could "beam him up".
Maybe I could go with him.

You just never know when you will meet the right one.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'd put the petal to the metal straight to the nearest home of a person I know, lay the stuff down, take as many photos and as much video as possible and get it on the internet quick. Anything I can save I do, hiding it around their house. I stay there until I figure it's safe, load up the stuff, and drive back home. Once again, I get as much media as possible, save it on my computer, and upload it all to youtube and of course, ATS, where I know it will be in good hands. Then, I admittedly hand over the body, of course after severing some flesh and popping it in the freezer, and some debris, keeping the most interesting for myself. While the scientific community either goes nuts or the stuff is hidden away, I'll still have the proof.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
First I would stash the alien in the blanket behind some bushes. Then, I would squirt some ketchup packets all over my face and hair and pretend I was injured by the crash when the authorities arrived, and pretend I was the alien!!! I would speak like a robot but the language would be in complete jibberish. After they carted me away to the secret lab to examine me, I would sneak away from the examination room just before the head surgeon entered. I would then hack into the mainframe from a vacant terminal and download all the secret files to my encrypted thumbdrive. I'd jump into a laundry bin, cover myself in dirty towels, and wait to be hauled away from the secret lab. Once back in the city, I'd go to my friend's house (my house would be too hot), upload the secret files to ATS, MUFON, etc. Then after things cooled off in the desert, and assuming coyotes or vultures don't find alien meat appetizing, I'd grab the alien corpse, make contact with Linda Moulton Howe, and arrange a rendezvous to deliver said corpse.

At least, that's what I would do.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

If the little Alien is not on his back... I would carefully roll him on his back keeping the body and neck straight.
I look inside its mouth to remove any blockage if needed by doing a finger sweep. I would use child CPR, due to the Aliens size.
If he doesn't have a neck injury I would gently tilt the head back to free the tongue (if it has one) from blocking the windpipe.
(hand on forehead and other hand under chin)
Hold its nose shut (if it has one) otherwise I would cover the little nose holes with my fingers. Using my handy little The Mouth-to-Mouth Protector I would give 2 breaths (each 2 seconds and see chest rise.) The little chest should rise as long as the airway is clear. Then I would put heel of one hand on the center of the chest (midway between nipples if it has nipples)
Pressing down about 1/3 of depth of chest 30 times at a rate of a little less than about 2 per second (100 per minute)
Continuing this cycle- repeat 2 breaths and 30 chest press. If I feel a pulse of some kind I would continue with breaths only.
I would continue until the little guy moves.
It it vomits I would turn its head carefully and try to sweep out or wipe off vomit using my rubber gloves and continue with CPR if need be. When the Alien is breathing on his own I would gently move him on a board I carry in my car. Keeping its body straight and using rolled towels to support its fairly long neck. Using extra seat belt straps I would strap the little fellow on the board. Then I could rise the board up enough to slide him into my car. I would cover him up with my coat and take him to my secret cave in the foothills nearby. There I have sterile medical supplies to replace bandages if needed. I would do a finger stick to check its glucose. Just to get an idea what I'm dealing with, since I don't know what a normal glucose level is for an Alien. I also would take its temperature under the armpit. I would bandage, wrap and splint anything that needs fixing. Hopefully, this little fellow will be ok and will be able to communicate with me in some way. Maybe together we can work on a way to communicate with his friends so they can come and take him home. No, I would not take any trinkets or souvenirs from the craft or off the Alien. If the Alien wanted me to have something, then that's different. I would graciously accept it, but no one would know about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
1) I'd take all the photo evidence I could

2) I'd gather all the evidence I could carry or place
in my vehicle ( dirt samples, metallic items, etc )
and get the he|| outta dodge. I'd even put a dead alien
corpse in my trunk. Hey they already did that in Roswell
without a plague so I'd try. The more evidence I have
the better and there is none better than a dead alien corpse.
They can lie about craft being F-16's or weather balloons
but they can't deny a corpse. That's the ultimate evidence
for disclosure.

3) Then I'd U2U Jim Marrs, John Lear and William Stanton and ask
them to meet with me and share my evidence and ask for their
expertise on this disclosure.

4) Anything after that depended on what Jim, John and William
advised. But I'm all for disclosure over profit.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

... as an ATS member youve always wanted to believe in the existence of UFOs but have nothing to support your beliefs..

The only part of the story I change is in your quote above. (I presume you saw that television show (movie?) where the old My Favorite Martian has an experience nearly identical to your scenario.) Okay, here goes.

I look around for other alien survivors as well. If there are others, I do my best to collect all of them. If there are deceased aliens, I take the corpse for proper burial elsewhere. I take all the trinkets I can pocket too.

I drive home, gather necessities and go underground with all my new friends.

ATS never finds out, government never finds out, EBay CERTAINLY never gets anything, even my own family never finds out.

I learn how to cook alien food for them and we live happily ever after.

The End

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Take a picture of the alien and post it on www.hotornot.com

No, seriously I would go straight home, provided you could outrun or dodge the authorities. I would find out the nearest UFO researcher (as they would know what to do more than me) and hand the alien and alien stuff over, making sure I would remain anonymous.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

*They* will be reading your U2U's, if they think you have a dead Alien SimonSays. I'm for disclosure too, as long as no harm is done to a live Alien. Also it is free to leave when it wants. No locking it up in an underground cell. Who can you really trust? I can count on one hand those I could trust.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I would first save the occupants. At this point I would decide to keep it private.

Once their friends come to rescue them, they blank my memory of anything after they arrive.

Years later I discover this thread and have total recall. At this point I decide again to keep it private.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Screw the ship. IF the alien was alive I would take it to the first private place I could find. If it seemed a little dazed but looked ok I would just sit with it in silence until it tried to communicate with me. I would hope it could somehow sense that I was sick. I would ask if it could make me well.

U2U me ok? I want to help support you through what ever it is that has made you sick.

You will have to make several more posts in order to receive U2Us.

Hang in there, you will find lots of support here as many of us have been through the fire.

Perhaps start a thread to let us get to know you better and understand how we can help you.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Doesn't matter what you do, nothing will get it into the press, it simply isn't allowed. Freedom of the Press is a ghost from a bygone era. Photo's, video's, audio tracks will all be discounted and if you found an alien body, living or dead, it would be taken from you. The odds are very high that you will disappear, never to be seen again. If you did manage to get published, you would be "debunked" by experts on the Federal Payroll who do absolutely nothing but clearing up loose ends like you. You might wonder how i know all this? The best documented UFO landing, currently on ATS skunk works is mine. You would not believe the problems i have uploading pictures and having my posts suddenly disappear before my eyes. Why don't i fear the Government? I have more aliens than they do, i am in constant contact with them and i don't have to bargain with them. Or, i could just be stark raving mad, Check out my larger than full screen avatar on ATS "My Profile" before you decide.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by debris765nju]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Reply to SpaceVisitor:

on the one hand we call for evidence but on the other hand we say "never ever share your evidence publicly!".

Funny, isnt it.

My thoughts exactly, I do think this is funny and must admit I had no idea it would be like this, I thought everyone would rush out and tell the world...but we are all running, hiding, and selling

Hi John Q and Skyfloating, just for the record, I didn’t say I “never ever share my evidence publicly!".
I said,

Originally posted by spacevisitor
I wait some time until the heat is of the fan, and try make contact with an in my opinion very respected and above all trustworthy Ufo researcher.

I would absolute "try" to share my evidence publicly, no doubt about that, but you must do it on the most “save” way.
Making contact with a very respected and above all trustworthy Ufo researcher, and share your findings with him, because he has the channels and know the people to get it out in the open on the best way .
I am convinced that if you do it otherwise on your own your hooked, and that means that you would be visited, and you don’t have a change in any way to keep your secrets from them, so you lost everything you had in your possesion.

If you are interested in how they do it, I advice you to reed this article.

reply to post by spacevisitor

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
First i would take pictures, put those pics here on ATS. Secondly i would probably take the pieces to some expert who could analyse them, to see what they are made of etc. After that, If the pieces are made of some unknown materials, i would leave few pieces to the experts to investigate, and some pieces i would take to a news magazine, or something like that. But i wouldnt give any pieces to the goverment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join