It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conan O'Brien attacks Quebec in Canada!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yah I saw it too and it was hilarious. I think it was long overdue and the show was quite tame compared to what I have seen in past.

For those of you that are unaware, O'Brien has been in Toronto for the past week doing his TV late show and has featured a Canadian theme the whole week. One show featured a clip on Triumph the Insult Comic Dog insulting Quebecers while in Quebec. It was very funny.

Of course our spineless Federal Government had to run to the aid of the Quebecers (since they control our federal government in the first place), to make them feel better.

Read the story here:

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040213/en_nm/leisure_canada_conan_dc&printer=1

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
gotta love Conan, he's #ing hilarious

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I love Conan Obrien......
He insults everyone, whats the big deal?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The big deal is that the French are spoiled special brats and they don't have to take it up here from anyone. Thankfully we have O'Brien come up to rub it in their faces for us. I like him twice as much now.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My fav part of Conan is when he talks to people on the tv screen. Arnold was pretty funny and it's even better when he gets Bush and Saddam on there.
Mostly tho, whats funniest about him is his facial expressions and gestures. I like him better then Lenno or Letterman. Carson Daily just sucks!

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah he is the best of the lot. Lenno is okay too, I will watch him. Once in awhile I watch Letterman but that guy is an ego maniac.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I love Conan. I watch him everynight unless it's a rerun. Then I'll watch Craig Kilborn. He's pretty funny. "In The News" reminds me of his Daily Show days.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why do francophones consider themselves another race?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ya... the french are abunch of lightweight sissy's who cry to much........ i dont cry when people make fun of canadian's or white people... its a joke hell i make fun of canadians and white people...

DAM FROZEN CRACKERS

and any french who wish to flame me for this post please do. cause i dont actually care what most people have to say anyway MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA SUCKER'S

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Canada

"We had NOOOOOOOO idea that he was so offensive."

I say screw em. If you do not invest a little time into what you are funding and/or promoting, then you it sucks to be you.

NO MONEY FOR YOU.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What this story proves is that the Quebecers run Canada so don't blame us English people for our inability to support the US. Blame it on the French and their own dreams of empire.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is old news. I thought the bit was funny. Quebec has been quiet for 10 years. I only want to thank Happy for that avatar.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is old news. I thought the bit was funny. Quebec has been quiet for 10 years. I only want to thank Happy for that avatar.

You're very welcome!

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Uh old news? This just happened a few days ago, I think it qualifies for discussion? Maybe you don't like the topic then? If so then say so.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
the Canadian government did the same thing with something Don Cherry said. (he's a hockey color commentator/cranky old coot on CBC's Hockey Night in Canada.) anyone who's ever watched Coach's Corner knows half the segment is about how much Don doesn't like European players, with a little ripping on Quebec'ers just for fun. he's been doing it every Saturday since God knows when, but suddenly it's really offensive.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Conan is great. The french are so uptight!

this is so funny.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Spoiled brats are always uptight. Maybe we can loosen then up a bit.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Neo, the French/English thing is old news. Making fun of the French is old news. Look at Jusy for Laughs. I don't think the average Quebecer is that uptight, or this event would have folded years ago. Neo, would you catagorize all people by looking at their government and saying they are all the same? I wouldn't say all Americans are like Bush, would you?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No offense man but I live in Toronto and my city is one of the wealthiest in the world bar none. The federal government has sucked so much money out of my province to redistribute to other provinces (including Quebec), in my lifetime that my city is crumbling because it can't afford to pay its bills.

Sorry but I don't like Liberals and I don't like Quebec. I may be able to like you but that is annother issue all together.

Quebec and Quebecers must learn that Canada will not survive if its primary role is to keep Quebec and Quebecers happy. That in the end will destroy the country faster than any PERCEIVED encroachment from the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The western provinces are compaining about the same thing, but the reallity of it is that the only area truely raped by the rest of the country is Atlantic Canada.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join