It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my house is haunted!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I really need to know how I can actually tell if my house is haunted?

Me, My Girlfriend and her kids have lived in this house for two years and theres been a few odd happenings to say the least!
in the first few months shortly after we moved in, every now and again we'd heard knocking (like knuckles on a door) and footsteps seemingly over the bedroom ceiling, always late at night usually around 2a.m,
our attic (if you can call it that!) is only about 4ft high at its highest point and no piping or wiring is over my bedroom!. One time the knocking and footsteps were was so bad I thought there was at least two people in the attic and I had to go check it out armed with a machete! only to find the knocking and noise stopped completely.
This continued for about three months or so and then just stopped happening. about 6months later and up until now I get a glimpse of a dark figure in the hallway,
first time i saw it i thought it scared the living crap out of me appearing at the top of the landing and seems to shift through the bathroom wall,
now it appears outside of the kitchen door mainly.
One other thing, my girlfriend was sitting in the kitchen with me and a quite heavy brass candlestick holder flew from on top of a fridge freezer across the room and hit the wall as my girlfriend just stood up just missing her head, i saw this with my own eyes, nothing like this has happened since though!

I feel no threat from this dark figure, me and my girlfriend, her kids and friends have all seen it, nobody's scared of it but we all realise that something is there.

Can anyone suggest a good way of captured an image of this figure?
The odds of capturing it on camera are slim as it seems to dissipate quickly
I really want to capture an image of this thing, any suggestions, I've heard that digital cameras can pick up things not normally seen by the naked eye is this true?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, ghosts are not really my interest, but you might consult Ghost Investigators Society. They seem to record both audio and visual reports of ghosts. Brendan and Barbara are the two main contacts, you can check their online bios for their e-mail. They might have some answers for you.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
Well, ghosts are not really my interest, but you might consult Ghost Investigators Society. They seem to record both audio and visual reports of ghosts. Brendan and Barbara are the two main contacts, you can check their online bios for their e-mail. They might have some answers for you.

good site, a lot of good info
I think I need to set up a video camera or webcam or something though

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i'd get my arse out of there and move...

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow man you better call in the ghostbusters! When stuff starts flying around then it is high level spook activity.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
i'd get my arse out of there and move...

naw, funnily enough i don't wanna move, its a nice house, in a quiet area, near family etc,
i didn't like the knocking at night while it was happening, and the flying candlestick
but touch wood it seems to have stopped now,
the figure appears so regularly that it doesn't scare anyone.
I gotta capture an image of this thing though!

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
GO the ghost if its haunteed

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Get a psychic to come in and find out who the ghost is and why they are there. Maybe they can talk to the ghost. You may find it an interesting encounter.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
THENEO I'm not sure whether your joking or not dude but it DID happen but ONLY the once and beside me and my girlfriend seeing it we unfortunately have no evidence to show for it apart from a little scratch on the wallpaper where the candlestick holder hit the wall.
The house has a nice kinda energy to it, its not spooky or gives off bad vibes or anything

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hey man it is your life but I am serious here. You saw what you saw, if you want to forget it then maybe the issue is ended but who knows? I'm curious when did this happen? You must consider the date and times as the occult is always interested in such issues, locus of energy accumulations for example.

What I am trying to say is that this may well occur again in future.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
THENEO sorry I thought you were takin the p***!,
I' m not sure I'd really like mediums and such into my house unless need be, I'd like to try and investigate this myself thoroughly first at least.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
it seems to appear in one particular place in the house, which is in the hallway, I did see it go through the bathroom wall once(i did not pursue!), but no one to my knowledge has seen it anywhere except in the hallway.

it seems to materialise either from behind the kitchen door(which leads into the hallway,)
or around the top or bottom of the stairs(directly at the top of the stairs is the upstairs bathroom)

the frequency of sightings seems to have greatly increased from one or two sightings in maybe a month or so, to virtually every day
I have not kept a log of times its been seen, though i haven't had to as even yesterday it was seen once by me and someone else, and then a again when i was posting last night!

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
In my experience, spirits aren't "dangerous" or violent unless they're angered or feel threatened. I know this isn't always the case, but it has been with me.

Let the spirit feel welcome. Meditate for a bit, and send nothing but positive energy around you - a warm, welcoming feeling; no fear, no anger or resentment. If things don't calm down afterwards, I would suggest consulting a clairvoyant, and seeking advice.

I generally see no reason to be concerned about spirit activity until it actually physically harms me, or another in my home. They can smash windows and throw things if they like, but the second something touches me in a harmful or negative way, I get aggressive.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
if I were u, i'd move out of that house fast and burn it down right before i moved out. but then again, that's just me

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Lobo's advice is the best, IMO.

This entity is probably trapped in the earth plane. Sometimes they don't want to face the fact they are deceased.

Having a "good" medium in will give you the answers and she/he will probably be able to help the spirit move on.

Phimes

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
if I were u, i'd move out of that house fast and burn it down right before i moved out. but then again, that's just me

Thats a very negative energy to project, Its an intersting event you are experiencing....

...once i saw a documentry on ghosts and they described a very very similar situation with a couple that had bought house in England....the only difference between your story and theirs was that they had an unusual power consumption leading to a high electricity bill....

...they learnt to live with these strange beings, but never managed to comunitcate with them...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
good advice lobo!,
yes i do believe in is more than an interesting event for me, i've had one or two paranormal experiences before moving here which only myself had witnessed, but since moving i've seen a lot of weird s***!.
When I see this figure I get really deep feeling of calm,
I'm a person that seems to be quite sensitive to energies in general, quick example when some people meditate they can actually feel the room around them, I do not have to meditate to do this,
this sense has grown a lot stronger since beginning bioenergetic developement and meditation.
When the knocking and footsteps used to happen that WAS quite scarey, as I said one time I literally ran downstairs to the kitchen grabbed a machete and torch and ran back upstairs, ready to chop up some burglars! and checked out the attic to no avail.
Now though for the past months this thing has appeared many many times, I do just get a feeling of calm and relaxation..... I just somehow know it doesn't wish to harm anyone, people who have done building work in the house and friends have said they felt a chill running down their spines like they know somethings there while in the hallway, but only me has ever really been frightened by it, i'm sure once or twice it HAS appeared behind me while I'm walking through the hallway
and when it does happen you bloody KNOW its behind you!,
one of my little ones says she keeps seeing the face of the figure, funnily enough I was tellin my girlfriend this morning that i posted about the ghost and we should burn down the house as we're runnin out the door, and the midge comes in out of the blue and says she sees the face of the figure and its a man in the hallway

top topics

join