It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Georgia police officers shoot each other in gunfight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

2 Georgia police officers shoot each other in gunfight

enews.earthlink.net

BUFORD, Ga. - Two off-duty officers from different police departments wounded each other in a gun fight in the middle of a road in an Atlanta suburb, authorities said.

Both officers suffered non-life-threatening wounds, police said. Their conditions were not immediately known on Saturday.

Officer Jay Daily, a five-year veteran of the Duluth Police Department, exchanged multiple gunshots with Fulton County officer Paul Phillips on Friday afternoon, police said.

Daily was in custody Saturday, charged with aggravated assault, Cpl. Illana Spellman of the Gwinnett County police said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Not every day you hear of something like this...Sounds like something out of the movie, "Copland". lol

enews.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I will give them the same vibe they gave me and my people...
Good I hope they all start shotting themselfs, and ridding this world of their filth...

They sertinly dont have a problem with black on black crime. INfact they really promote it..

So when I see this kind of story, I cheer! And say have at it boys!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Belcher described Daily as "an outstanding officer" and said his suspension would last until the investigation is complete.
Source | Ledger Enquirer | Police officer suspended after gunfight with other police officer

Suspended with pay!

An "an outstanding officer" who beats up a woman in the street, and then fires on a uniformed officer called to investigate.

Don't officer candidates have to undergo any type of psych profiling anymore?

Or, more appalling, maybe this type of thug behavior is exactly what they're looking for.

At least he couldn't shoot straight...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
I will give them the same vibe they gave me and my people...
Good I hope they all start shotting themselfs, and ridding this world of their filth...

They sertinly dont have a problem with black on black crime. INfact they really promote it..

So when I see this kind of story, I cheer! And say have at it boys!

I understand where your coming from bro', alot of police are just monsters. I worked for police in england, and man do i wish i never worked for them 10 years ago, true maniacs, with there power trips.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Or, more appalling, maybe this type of thug behavior is exactly what they're looking for.

It certainly seems that law enforcement these days is more inclined to shoot first and ask questions later. I have known more than a few officers who got out of law enforcement precisely because of this unofficial "shift" in their organization's attitude towards the public.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Not only shooting, but tasering as well. We keep seeing more and more reports of people being tasered for minor offenses. We are starting to turn into a total police state.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I certainly feel sorry for the officer that was on his way home, was stopped by a civilian asking for help. The fact that he then went on to get shot by another police officer is horrible. I don't see how you guys can be happy that this gentlemen was wounded in the line of duty for doing his job, and eventually disabling the "crooked" officer. I mean, isn't that what we want? Good police officers upholding the law, even if it means going against their own? Lets give some credit where credit is due.

DD this wasn't directed at you, but I replied to you on accident. But I really wanted to tell you I love your name

[edit on 2-2-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is saying they're "happy" this happened. And I don't think anyone is speaking about the good police officers out there on duty.

I believe people are generally voicing their concern about a perceived "shift" in police attitude towards the public. Maybe it's the media hyping up incidents like police tasering a mentally disabled grandmother on a welfare check call... or maybe it's a valid public perception based on personal experience. Point is, no rational person is going to say they are happy this officer was injured in the line of duty.

top topics

join