It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How social services are paid bonuses to snatch babies for adoption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A frightening look at how some adoptions are handled in England.

www.blacklistednews.com...

"From the time a child is named on a social services care order until the day they are adopted, the parents are breaking the law - a crime punishable by imprisonment - if they tell anyone what is happening to their family.

Anything from a chat with a neighbour to a letter sent to a friend can land them in jail.

And many have found themselves sent to prison for breaching court orders by talking about their case.....Figures recently released by the Department for Local Government and Community Cohesion show that two councils - Essex and Kent - were offered more than £2million "bonuses" over three years to encourage additional adoptions.

Four others - Norfolk, Gloucestershire, Cheshire and Hampshire - were promised an extra £1million.

This sweeping shake-up was designed for all the right reasons: to get difficult-to-place older children in care homes allocated to new parents.

But the reforms didn't work. Encouraged by the promise of extra cash, social workers began to earmark babies and cute toddlers who were most easy to place in adoptive homes, leaving the more difficultto-place older children in care."

They have offered bonuses to social workers for taking babies away from their mothers at birth, in an effort to boost the number of adoptions. I used to work in a county drug/alcohol rehab program for mothers. The women would have a baby and then immediately the baby was taken from the motehr and put in a foster home. It would take up to 2 years for them to get the babies back and some of them weren't guilty of using drugs while they were pregnant. Some babies were put up for adoption. This completely breaks any chance the mother or baby have of bonding with each other. I hated this practice, and eventually left that job in large part because of what they were doing.
Another sign that our world has gone crazy.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Disgusting.

Even moreso considering that countless orphanages and child protection institutes have been caught red-handing molesting and abusing children. RED-HANDED. CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTERS have been KNOWINGLY hired by similar institutes here in the states.

So when I hear that babies and children are being taken away for the orphanage, I know exactly what the hell is going on. People are wising up to the Child services and are avoiding them, so now the governing bodies are coming up with sick little plans to get more kiddies.

Makes me ill.

I like how Alex Jones put it "You think any normal person can walk into a home and go snooping around for dirty dishes so that they can come back later and snatch a baby? You think NORMAL people can do that? No." But these are the people doing this nonsense.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I really think we need to get rid of Children's Protective Services. Where I worked, in CPS there was a known child molester and a guy known to be selling methamphetamines; something that mothers lost their children over. It was known about it, there was a huge scandal, but nothing was done. Instead, the woman who reported this to her supervisor, was fired. It's so crazy. And it is disgusting and scary.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've been aware of this for a while now.

There are several cases where people have no right to appeal in court because they simply aren't allowed to discuss the fact that their kids have been taken away publicly, and the law prevents them from public trial.

Another little know fact is that ANYTHING, and I do mean anything that gets said to a social worker from the time they deem the child is needed to be taken into protective custody can be used against the parents. Even pleading for the authorities not to take the child away can and actually has been used as an argument for mental instability in the mother, with women being sectioned for it.

The law needs reviewing badly, but whether or not that will actually happen is another thing. I realise that social workers have a difficult job but after the Victoria Climbie report they are too busy watching their own backs and not thinking about the total and utter devastation that they can cause.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
I really think we need to get rid of Children's Protective Services. Where I worked, in CPS there was a known child molester and a guy known to be selling methamphetamines; something that mothers lost their children over. It was known about it, there was a huge scandal, but nothing was done. Instead, the woman who reported this to her supervisor, was fired. It's so crazy. And it is disgusting and scary.

Sounds like oh so many cases. Tip of the iceberg, when you consider we have convicted child molesters running institutions, getting caught continuing to molest/rape little children, and keeping their job. People who try to put a stop to the corruption really ARE fired, on the regular.

CPS is a shining beacon of governments corruption. People should realize it is not just CPS but ALL levels of the government that are involved in this stuff. Police, Judges, etc. have been caught in the act plenty of times.

Look at this lady and tell me she is anything but a snake. The family had to resort to videotaping her they were so afraid she would mishandle their case.

She actually tries to brow-beat the parents from the start about videotaping her.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm a bit shocked at the nation involved. I was completely unaware. Wow. I guess there's more than one way to procure children for the ethically challenged. Bizzare... the family can't talk about it? Hmmm. Might'nt that contravene Universal Declaration of Human Rights that the nation in question is a signatory to?

"Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law"

Um, they are being oppressed IMHO if they are not allowed to speak only and publicly. Wild. Sounds more like the Lithuanian for-profit child-trade than a western "democracy".

I can't brag though, the same schtick is whipped on First Nations Canadians throughout modern history. But no one talks much about that.

Leonard Cohen has a great quote that fits: "I've seen the future, brother; it is murder."

I'm blown away by the vid, wow and what NWO has shared... about CPS.

Vic

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I really thought this thread would do better. It's such a shocking story.
I didn't know this was happening in England until I came across the article.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh wow, how devastating!

As a soon-to-be-mother, I'd be over the top enraged if anything ever threatened my child, especially a government organization! I've heard so many different stories of baby-swapping and snatching at birth which take place in various hospitals and birthing centers around the globe, but social workers actually getting a BONUS for this sort of behavior? My god...

How would they feel if it happened to their own child? Too many people in this world are hell-bent and ready to cause such destruction in other individual lives for a dime, but when it comes down to reaping what they sew and paying the consequences of going through it themselves - they flee the scene immediately.

Its truly disgusting what people will do to their fellow humans.

-Mea

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
I really thought this thread would do better. It's such a shocking story.

Yeah, I have a theory that bad news is not popular news. It is depressing to discuss the ways children wind up in the darkests pits in our social service systems.

There are far worse things going on under government order, and it involves little children, satanic ritual sexual abuse and sacrifice
Kind of sounds like a fairy-tale it's so unbelievably horrible but ... it's true. TedGundersonInvestigation

As I said, I'm not surprised that they are trying to snatch up children for 'orphanages'. Hundreds of thousands of children go missing and the government refuses to investigate. The reason why is pretty horrifying.

new topics

top topics

join