It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU got to be kidding me??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"Mississippi house Bill No. 282 would make it illegal for restaurants to serve the obese."

"FEBRUARY 1--Mississippi legislators this week introduced a bill that would make it illegal for state-licensed restaurants to serve obese patrons. Bill No. 282, a copy of which you'll find below, is the brainchild of three members of the state's House of Representatives, Republicans W. T. Mayhall, Jr. and John Read, and Democrat Bobby Shows. The bill, which is likely dead on arrival, proposes that the state's Department of Health establish weight criteria after consultation with Mississippi's Council on Obesity. It does not detail what penalties an eatery would face if its grub was served to someone with an excessive body mass index. (2 pages)

House Bill 282"

Source

So their is a weight limit if you want to dine out????WTF!!!!!!!!!

This has got to be the most @#$%^&* I have read about in recient times, and that is saying a lot.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wouldn't they make more money off obese people?
I don't think they go into a restaurant and order a little salad...

[edit on 2/2/2008 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"YOU got to be kidding me??????"

That is an effective post title huh? Lol, drew me in anyway. I got to know what might be inside. Well, here I am, that law won't pass no way, no how.
Can't discriminate no more. You'd think Mississippi would know that by now eh? Lol, great topic, bad Thread title. 2 points for you!

Vance

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It was my honest reaction to the article..

That said, the title DID suck you in as it will for others, so it may be a good one.

It is not like it was deceptive-I can't believe anyopne reading the article and not having that reaction

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yes, amazing some still think that way and even more amazing they get voted in lol!
What people come up with sometimes. Can you imagine the civil suits if such a thing happened? Too funny really.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The restaurant business will not go along with this, and will fight it to it's death. This bill will not see the light of day.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Talk about an attempt to put out a fire with pencil shavings...

I think that we can all agree that the fast food diet of our country has likely resulted in an over consumption of foods by many.....obesity is a point of fact concern that we as a nation should encounter....

But prohibiting people to eat out in public is a gross violation of free will.

Education is a "more betta butter" solution.....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well this is a rather... intresting way to make people eat less. But when you are out in public, you do not eat alot really, you have a nice meal. But when you are at home you can eat how you want and as much as you want.

Isnt there a strong possiblity that this will back fire. Maybe they will release another bill stating how much the obese can buy at shops, or maybe they'll just have to be put in fat camps. How glorious... not.

Dorian Gray

top topics

join