It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US have circular aircraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Does the United States currently have any circular shaped aircraft? Or have they ever had any in the past?

I personally don't recall any kind of US aircraft that is circular, or even cyllinder, in shape. Maybe some of you have greater knowledge on what aircraft we do/don't have.

If we don't have any circular craft, how does the government explain all the sightings of circular craft? I was watching the UFO Hunters show on the History Channel last night, and I personally have never seen any craft that look like what those people claimed to have seen.

If we don't have any aircraft that are circular in shape, how do they explain all the sightings of circle shaped crafts? I really don't think we had any circular shaped crafts in 1947 when this story first broke, so I have no idea how the government can explain it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
well let me tell you a story. kenneth arnold reported the first modern ufo in 1947, he described them as boomerang in shape but the press picked him up wrong and called them "flying saucers". Suddenly people began to see flying saucers in the sky not boomerang shaped craft just shows you what the power of suggestion can do.

the whole flying saucer myth is built on a reporters mistake

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In the sixties an editor of an Air Force flight enthusiat magazine published some line drawings of some craft of different sizes that were circular... his claim was of jet power and that he saw them in Florida on the flight line... there are videos on the Net if one looks that delineate his claim.

There are patents (not all by US citizens) from the 1940's until about 1963 that claim the shape as part of the patent info. This too is an easy Google away.

The USA has definitely "an interest" at one time or another in circular aircraft. Here's a cufon link that talks about such interests, here.

Here's a reprint (courstesy cufon) of some of Couzinet’s circular planform VTOL that had US Intel's attenion in 1956... with a couple of photos here.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, the U.S. Military is the king of Circular Thinking so it makes sense that they would have CIrcular Aircraft.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Considering circular crafts really don't work well aerodynamic wise under this planets conditions it seems they would steer away from that shape. Hence why you see alot of vshape and trianglular crafts(even cigar shapes)nowadays, these shapes preform much better. Again this is opinion and terrestrial, I have no clue of the physics of a circular craft in space or on another planet with a different atmospere and gravitational pull, so many variables... but circular is just not logical right now,at least until we can fully move away from grade a jet fuel.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Starwatcher]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We attempted making flying saucer aircraft in the past but it hasn't proven itself to be a reliable platform for what we would need it for.

That's typically why we have stuck to a sort of "tube/wing" or other similar type airframes.

Now if the U.S. Military has pursued interest in flying saucer shaped aircraft within its black projects, then that's locked up behind the Black Curtain.

top topics

join