It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to track the postion of any Aircraft at a given time.If anyone of our know person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Is there any way to know the flight location at any given time.Say if any of our know person is travelling to certain part of the world.We know which flight he or pshe is travelling.At any given time can we know position of the flight in the air.Sounds funny but still interesting isn't it?only airtraffic control can tell but a common man can know.Like google earth any free soft ware available/

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
if i remember correctly on the Macintosh this was possible. Imagine it still is, it was in the tiger package, or leopard, but it was a good tool, as a media company it was always good to know if our teams or people as far as aus or la, were airborne, mainly because you would know when they are landing, if indeed on time, and where they were. Reason being, you could get them to office when they arrived, welcome to the ruthless world of media, 24 hour flight or not. oh and btw while you were away this came in, another project. Loved the tool.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm not sure, but it sounds like a really usefull thing to me.

It definitely would have come in handy when my brother was coming home to Boise, ID from Afghanistan. (He's an AH-64 Apache Mechanic in the Army National Guard.) He stayed in Texas for a few weeks helping to train the new crew heading out, and was flying home from there with a stop in Pheonix, AZ and his flight was scheduled to land at midnight.

In Pheonix, the plane he was on had some sort of engine problem and they had to disembark and board another plane creating a one hour delay.

I'm from the California Bay area and the San Francisco Airport is always a fun place to go just to hang out and to see and watch other people. A flight delay there wouldn't bother me one bit.
I don't know if any of you have ever done that, ("Peoplewatching.") All I can say is just try it some time. Call me weird if you want, that's something I learned long ago not to care about. There's just so many people and so much to see there and it's definitely more interesting than just sitting at home doing the not much that's important that I normally do. I wish I lived closer so I could do it more.

As for the Boise Airport though, yeah, that kind of update would have been a good thing.

The only entertainment we had (Thank god my sister was there to keep me company.) while we were waiting was either to look at the display they had there (under glass like it belonged in a museum) of what items weren't allowed on a flight, or the malfunctuning "Claw" machine that just randomly tried to grab a prize to drop into the collection bin. Of course we chose the seats closest to it. "just in case".

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.flightaware.com[/url] is the closest thing i have found yet. but i'm told that we are no longer allowed to know the exact positions of airline traffic anymore because of security risks. and i agree with them whole heartedly because honstly i wouldn't want any of the bad guys knowing where my flight's exact position was at any given moment , would you???

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by srouthu

Try Flyte.com, it has real time flight tracking and comes in handy when you
are picking someone up at the airport. You know where the flight is and
pretty close eta.

new topics

top topics

join