It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what does your avatar represent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
if anything......(and if not then please don't reply)

i picked the avatar because it has one of my favorite rappers in it, lord infamous. however, that's not the sole reason why i picked it. the picture of his face strikes me as man who has been beaten up, dragged up and down concrete numerous times, and suffered a host of other nasty things throughout his life. yet he's looking@you in a menacingly taunting gaze that seems to imply "is that all you've got?".

this reminds me of me. i've been through some crap in my life...but i've always risen above it. while i don't look forward to taking anymore, i know that it's inevitable that more will come because that's apart of life. when it comes again i WILL ride through it each and every time it comes along.

basically, my avatar represents a man who's survived all kinds of hardtimes and remained unbreakable, like myself.

again, if you just picked out a random avi cause it looked cool, then don't participate. only participate if your avi actually represents something and or means something to you. later.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Mine represents my love for the bending unit and all he stands for: Greed, Fun, Money...ok not realy...I love futurama and thats about it. And my name means Iorn man so I guess it kinda fits.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Mines very self explanatory.

I'm very reclusive and panic about stuff all the time.
I tend to do most of my work via the internet or on computers.
Every delivery service in town knows me because I have stuff sent in instead of going out.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
JenSouth getting what she wants.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The quantifiable result of the inquisitive nature of humans. My nature in particular

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just me I guess. I wouldn't say it stands for anything. I'm sitting down.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Mine is a symbol of my religion, and faith.
My name implies the same thing.
Wicca is my world.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My avatar represents class and understated elegance at it's very finest.

Aesthetics is my bag.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My avatar represents my love for the word "whack".

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Somethings are worth more than your own miserable existence.

I love this pic, it was one heck of a lucky shot... if ya catch my drift.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Check the last line in my siggy.

Trep picked it out for me. He said it suits me, and I quite agree!

I looked at my old avy, then his, then mine, then his, and like a good little hermit crab, I left my old shell for a better shell. lololol

P.S. Trep? if your reading this, my avatar looks kinda like me at the meet'n greet in New York. Alien abductions...It was I, who was steadying the wobbly table; not the other way around! lololololol

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My avatar shows that all that we see is not what it seems.
the duality of everything.
The mysticism of natural inquisitiveness.
Perfect balance.
One mans poison is another mans food.
The possibility of alternative realities.
How everything is made up of everything else.
Interconnectivity.
Oneness.

And probably a few more meanings too, but I hope you 'get the picture' (pun sort of intended)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
JenSouth getting what she wants.

Now every body is going to think I want another woman. Thanks enjoies!
I didn't like his other avatar, I thought it was disturbing

My avatar, I'm very feminine, aesthetic things please me, naughty but nice, and I think she captures traits of my personality, my feminine, graceful but elegant side.... all the while being alluring.

Edit* type o

[edit on 2/1/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well as Extralien has already noticed, mine's for 'which face do I want to wear today?'

Plus the android fit in pretty well with the 81 in my name. Like 'Bigbert model #81, please step forward'.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Right now,

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i used to enjoy judge dredd comics as a kid in the early 80's, still have many now.

i felt it was appropriate for ATS due to all the NWO / police state stuff happening.

heres an interesting article about similarities between Dredd + our present systems courtesy of a very good ATS friend of mine, Extralien (always loved his avatar BTW, its fascinating.

---------------------

reply to post by tetsujin420

futurama is the ultimate, ive always enjoyed that show and thought you might find this interesting.

quote from bender "we're back, BABY!"

and a body i painted for my RC monster truck

luke frywalker on the windows.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My avatar represents . . . um . . . lessee.

Oh. Um. lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous.

Lot of strands in old Duder's head.

Basically, it represents the zen of being comfortable answering your front door with a caucasian in your hand. Could be anybody out there, but you don''t face them with a pistol or anything. You're armed wiht a drink. Not offering it to the guest, but merely consoling yourself with a white russian---sort of a consolation prize for getting up off the sofa.

Does anybody else think Jensouth's avatar looks like the frog is on his "final approach" there? I cannot stop looking at the avatar. Is teacher trying to coax him up in there, or is she afraid? Is she sincere, or is she faking it? If she doesn't want a frog up the jacksie, why in the name of Irem is she lifting up her skirts, as if to receive it? I mean, isn't that why most girls won't pee in the woods, is because they're afraid some creepy-crawlie is going to climb up into the fount of their femininity while they're in a crouch?

Is it some kind of religious iconography?

I seem to be a verb.

Man. I better lie down.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Mine also refers to my love of Futurama, and its more obscure characters.

I almost was NewsMonster... "Windmills do not work that way!!!"

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Mine represent human nature, to look to the unexplained and try to make sense of it. What is that? What are we? Are we alone? And my quote refers to how we can go about and make us a better person.

I love it I dont know how Ellipsis, makes stuff like that, she just awsome.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Mine is quite self-explanatory. I've always been a Star Trek Fan, but this fits in more than one way. It symbolizes my undying approach towards all of life.

It's the perfect melding of everything into a refined whole.

The realization that everyone has some of the truth, but not all of it. The only way to get it all is to take all of the true bits, and put them together.

This bringing together of ideas and ideals creates a group of like-minded individuals, or a Hive-mind.

The Hive-mind serves one purpose, and that is to DENY IGNORANCE!!

Hence my name,

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join