It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Ron Paul doing with all the donations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I mean seriously.

Perhaps it's not Ron Paul the man, but whoever is running his campaign.

What in the Hell are they doing with all the millions and millions of money.

Do they even have a clue as to what kind of Advertising Blitz is needed to

gain the awareness they so desperately need. To me they appear clue-less

if not downright spineless and dare i say "full of it". Are they pocketing

the cash? just asking

Ok, so the donations were in the 3'rd and 4'th quarter. SOO marketing

and advertising knows they are not getting the media exposure as other

candidates, heck they have to fight to get into the primaries.

The organizers dropped the ball big time! They needed to play politics! They should have taken advantage of the sliding state of the economy (something american's can agree with, place the blame on the old system (make that clear) and offer new hope in a way that all politicians do. even if he B.S a lil it will be a lot less than the others. I mean we are talking politics here

Also they should have had commericals stating the strength of his donations and how Ron paul gets the most donations from the military. Put this info in a commercial and people will start to Respect him by association (to military)!

but it's too late, the delegates have been chosen (sure super tuesday is yet to arrive) but the advertising (and i mean TV advertising prime time) is no where to be found, why not get on tv and speak the truth.

you know the "truth" that gets people's attention and pisses other powerful people off. they should have known it was never going to be easy, unless they never really planned to run to win.

have ron paul with a group of people from diverse backgrounds including military (or former military personel) " hello i'm ron paul, perhaps you haven't heard of me that much, i have the highest amount of donations of any candidate ever, and on top of that the majority come from ordinary americans not big corporations, combined with the highest donations from our couragous and brave U.S military. You may notice that cnn, cnbc, and msm do not give me much face time. you may also notice that most of their ads are by brokerage houses, investment groups, and various banks. With our economy sliding down hill, perhaps they are scared that one of my campaign promises to return the country to the gold standard, will eliminate all the fraud and deregulation that has gone on at the benefit of these big money organizations to the plight of homeowners and middle class and now the economy. We need a leader that is willng to fight for the middle class economy and i am that man. My name is Ron Paul and i approve of this message" or something to that effect. grow a sack!

sure they will receive theats for doing this, and alienating the money trust, (serious threats) but what we need is brave couragous campaign managers that are just not trying to give us hope, spun like a fairy tale, but with a spine and determination behind them.

anyone wondering the same thing?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
does this not intrigue anyone else, how Ron paul get's all these donations yet i never see his face on tv. what are they doing with the money?

Do they think that seeing him on tv (getting little coverage) and laughed at in primary's , is good enough PR?

sorry but i'm a bit dissapointed in the advertising his campaign pulled, it is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't think I can answer your question.

But I have wondered why I haven't see ANY RP ads on TV.

What about those people (maybe older people /poorer people) who don't have Internet access. They wont see him on TV at all.

I would have thought he would have spent a big chunk of his money on commericals - TV commercials.

Now grant it, im in Alaska, so maybe Alaska isnt airing any of his commercials?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think that they usually donate it on behalf of their own party. So which candidate will iot be? Hillary or Obama?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I saw 2 Ron Paul commercials yesterday, and I barely watch TV.

Advertising is BIG bucks, I doubt he'll even be able to match people like Hillary's campaign advertising with all the millions he's raised.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Maybe he's waiting for the "herd to thin down"?

It sounds illogical, but I wouldn't be surprised if you will start seeing some now before pooper tuesday.

anyone have any opinions on this strategy?

Later,......Ausable_Bill

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Running a campaign is expensive, and without a lot of money (a few millions is not a lot), they would want to concentrate on primary states where he might have the best chance. If you don't live there, you might not see the ads.

Otherwise, it gets spent on media, buttons, staff, hookers, crack, etc. The same thing any political campaign spends its money on.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
well i didn't see squat for ron paul in florida leading up to the debates.

take out a full page ad in the major papers or something, places you will reach people (are political newspaper ads allowed?)

take out a ad during a post-season play off game, take out an add during the morning showing of "the view" or an evening showing of " biggest loser" or CSI do it 2 weeks before the state primary's. is this naive on my part? how much money truly is needed to run multiple advertisements? (ball park given a reasonable hypothetical)

Hell i see that fitness guy John basedow "no tricky dance moves" and the computer guy selling his "how to use the computer for old or slow people cd's" where he says "try my product" every time i turn on the tv, RP knew he wasn't going to get the media attention on cnbc, cnn or whatever but could they have done alot more?

anyone know how much a 30 sec ad goes for?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
He is smart to not advertise in florida because if he didnt win then he would of gotten 0 delegates which means all that money wasted..... He is/was probably waiting for the number of guys running to thin out like the poster above stated and I would expect some ads to come out now... But now that I think about it I havent seen any candidates commercials besides one Hillary and one Huckabbe here in California....

With all that money he is still in the running... Only 4 left!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Unbelievable.

I just happened to be watching TV - waiting for Leno to come on....and low and behold....what comes on after our local news? A Ron Paul commercial
I have never ever seen one before as I stated above. LOL
What a weird coincidence!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
saving it for a independent run?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There was recently a story that the Ron Paul campaign was trying to get his name painted on the back of Roy Jones Jr for his last fight (I dont know if they pulled it off or not), there has also been talk of trying to buy a slot on Superbowl Sunday, I know in my state I saw a lot of Ron Paul ads (Especially before our Primary) and I see signs EVERYWHERE and I also received several phone calls on my cell number (which has an out of state area code). It is also important to keep in mind that every Candidate for the exception of Romney and Paul are having cash flow issues. What you are seeing is someone who is actually spending carefully so they can stay in the race for the long haul. I would not be shocked if there is an Independent run, the money is there to do it.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

just because you haven't seen a commercial, doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

never mind, delete this post.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What is Ron Paul doing with all the donations?

Running a very frugal and creative campaign, on budget, just like everything else he does. Ever heard of the Ron Paul blimp? A quick search on youtube for Ron Paul Ad, and I believe you will get your fill. They're running, but only at strategic times in strategic locations. You may not see them due to your location, but they are running.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him return every last unused red cent in correct proportions to his supporters once the campaign is over. After all, he's been giving back around $75,000.00 of his own compensation for public service every year to the US treasury out of his own volition, because he completes all his projects either at or under budget. I know, RP bashers just cannot comprehend that. But then again, I wouldn't expect them to.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
just the fact that Ron Paul is (one of?) the only candidate(s?) that has spent LESS than he has raised.

that alone should qualify him for office! Sheesh!

[edit on 1-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
I mean seriously.

Perhaps it's not Ron Paul the man, but whoever is running his campaign.

What in the Hell are they doing with all the millions and millions of money.

Do they even have a clue as to what kind of Advertising Blitz is needed to

gain the awareness they so desperately need. To me they appear clue-less

if not downright spineless and dare i say "full of it". Are they pocketing

the cash? just asking

Ok, so the donations were in the 3'rd and 4'th quarter. SOO marketing

and advertising knows they are not getting the media exposure as other

candidates, heck they have to fight to get into the primaries.

The organizers dropped the ball big time! They needed to play politics! They should have taken advantage of the sliding state of the economy (something american's can agree with, place the blame on the old system (make that clear) and offer new hope in a way that all politicians do. even if he B.S a lil it will be a lot less than the others. I mean we are talking politics here

Also they should have had commericals stating the strength of his donations and how Ron paul gets the most donations from the military. Put this info in a commercial and people will start to Respect him by association (to military)!

but it's too late, the delegates have been chosen (sure super tuesday is yet to arrive) but the advertising (and i mean TV advertising prime time) is no where to be found, why not get on tv and speak the truth.

you know the "truth" that gets people's attention and pisses other powerful people off. they should have known it was never going to be easy, unless they never really planned to run to win.

have ron paul with a group of people from diverse backgrounds including military (or former military personel) " hello i'm ron paul, perhaps you haven't heard of me that much, i have the highest amount of donations of any candidate ever, and on top of that the majority come from ordinary americans not big corporations, combined with the highest donations from our couragous and brave U.S military. You may notice that cnn, cnbc, and msm do not give me much face time. you may also notice that most of their ads are by brokerage houses, investment groups, and various banks. With our economy sliding down hill, perhaps they are scared that one of my campaign promises to return the country to the gold standard, will eliminate all the fraud and deregulation that has gone on at the benefit of these big money organizations to the plight of homeowners and middle class and now the economy. We need a leader that is willng to fight for the middle class economy and i am that man. My name is Ron Paul and i approve of this message" or something to that effect. grow a sack!

sure they will receive theats for doing this, and alienating the money trust, (serious threats) but what we need is brave couragous campaign managers that are just not trying to give us hope, spun like a fairy tale, but with a spine and determination behind them.

anyone wondering the same thing?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by cpdaman]

man you are 100% right. i'm with you! you should be running for president... no, this is right on. as of now i'm losing faith in RP. that is unless he makes a big move. he finally opened his fat mouth and called them neo-cons.... now it's time to go hard or go home. but wait, what's up with all that money...??

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
He has two adds in the " Shotgun News", it that helps.

Only one to run an ad in there.

Roper

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What he should do with the money is start campaigns, and get some free people of death row, or out of prison that are innocent. Do something useful. Whats that saying, save one person and you save the whole world.

My advice is ron paul. Do a campaign with that money to get some people of death row that are innocent or people locked up in prison that are totally innocent of the crimes.

I.E that geezer that spoke out against mind control thats locked up, whats his name, is it springmeier or something. Do some good after the election with that dosh. I am not saying who he should save, but i think springmeier may be a good choice. You should start a campaign to get him out, and those charges dropped that he is in prison for.

What say you lot.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
He might be saving it for the last minute.

Or maybe he's just blowing it on women and booze. Who knows?

Anyone think to ask his campaign manager?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join