It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangers of Sci-Fi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Would anyone like to discuss the negative impact that Sci-Fi Films and TV has on the subjects we discuss on this site and similar websites?

Some of the posts read like clip notes from the X-files, Stargate SG1 and pretty much anything and everything science fictiony (don't think thats a proper word)

Dont get me wrong i like these shows, but until proven otherwise they were written to explore a hypthetical premise or cool special effect and often written to cash in on popular theories; i think people sometimes forget this and get lost in there perception of reality thinking that its more than pure entertainment.

Trouble is by referencing fiction, we lose credibility.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Many of the best episodes of the X files start from the premise of case that has been reported. They swap details around within cases, that can be confusing, but often there is a definite kernel of *fact" in them.

One of the early UFO episodes, is basically, the Iranian incident from 76 mixed with the Kecksberg incident, with an added alien presence on the ground...

Personally, i feel these sort of programmes and films, at least get people talknig about such things, who maybe otherwise, would have simply dismissed them out of hand.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In my opinion most scifi Hollywood movies are used to distract the masses from technologies that are REAL.

That's why i think most Sci Fi movies are crap. Because they are financed by the government.
That's my theory.

It's the best way of keeping people stupid and to ridicule facts.

join