It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Threads . how do i find them? not recent posts Brand new threads just started.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
hi guys!! is there a way to search New recent threads posted ? i mean besides recent posts that jus show old threads with new replys?

[edit on 1/27/2008 by keeff]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Towards the top of the page... look for this button

Click that and there you go

[edit on 27-1-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 27-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

not recent posts which jus gives the same old discussions with new replies,. i mean jus for new threads just started? do i have to search each specific board?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah, I think you would have to go to the forum and look for the new ones like that. Or you could use MyATS, and check that for new threads.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

ok thansk ill try that

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
if there isnt a way to search brand new threads just started like maybe within a day or so,. maybe someone could add that option?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

how do u mean use MY ATS? is there a new thread button to search for them?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
thanks for the replys,. and please let me know i need to leave now so i will check back later

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Moderator note: Post removed due to violation of the site's rules.

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

[edit on 27-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Well when you mark forums as your favorites it'll come up on your MyATS. And when you look you can see new threads and posts in that certain forum.

I have this forum as a favorite, and once you posted this thread it came up in MyATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

gotcha,. but doesnt that jus show new posts also, not jus NEW threads?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

It shows new posts and new threads.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
thanks again for all the replys.
so to answer my question, there is no button that will take me directly to new threads only, and not new threads and new posts to old threads.

the whole reason i ask is cause sometimes i only have time to look for about 10 min, and don't want to reread all the old posts that have fallen way off topic, and would like to see new subjects all together, so i guess i just need to wade through all the newposts to find the most recent threads.

maybe one of the new supermods or mods could come up with something that links to recent new threads only like for the past 24 hours or so.

thanks again Keeff still need to find out how to do my sig and avatars >< sorry my posts look so plain

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
jus wanted to say thansk again, and while lookin in myATS i see where that could help alittle more.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
very sorry to hi jack your thread but i cant start a new one

Can any one please help? every time I go to post a new thread it comes back telling me” there is already a post on that topic” no matter what I call my thread it will not accept it. I even put the title as, “monkeys eating in my bath” just to see what would happen .again it tells me there is a topic already on that. I even left every thing blank. Including my post and topic. It still said there is a topic on that already posted. I have to email my post to my son, who then has no problem posting it. What am I doing wrong that it won’t accept any new topics? It started doing this a month ago. Any help please!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i was thinking maybe there could be a place added to the recent posts threads,. that states the original date of the thread posted. just a suggestion.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
just had this thought again,. and did a search only to find this was the closes thread to the subject.

again i was searching the recent posts when a thread caught my intrest so i clicked it,. then 2 pages into the thread i realized that it was started about 8 months ago, and i didnt have the time or want to read the rest of the 13 pages.

so i again searched for a way to find new threads, and saw in the recent posts that it shows the date of the last post. i was thinking maybe there could be an added section to the recent posts that also states the original date of the thread started?

i guess this isn't a big issue as it hasn't come up many time,. just thought it could help people searching for new topics or views of old topics without them getting pushed to the bottom of the recent posts by recent posts

sometimes im gone for a few days and know that i have missed something important, but i have no way of finding it

i do now use myATS, but again that doesnt help in searching for "NEW TOPICS"

thanks for the replies,. if any

and love you guys, keep em comin at any rate

oh and sorry if this is right in front of my face,.as this has happened to me before
[edit on 3/26/2008 by keeff]

[edit on 3/26/2008 by keeff]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Somehow, for a while a few weeks ago, I had a page of new threads that I would update to see the newest. I thought I bookmarked it, but when I had to reboot, for some reason Firefox did not offer to restore my session and I lost it. I have been looking for that page (it's white with only a single title at the top and then a list of about 20-25 recent threads) ever since.

If someone has seen this, I surely would appreciate finding it again! (I have no clue how I happened on it in the first place, or I would be following that path again.)

new topics

top topics

join