It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville Witness Claims Air Force Harassment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Stephenville Witness Claims Air Force Harassment

FOX: We're not constructing a whole new world view. But I want to say really quickly, I met with a gentleman in Stephenville who unfortunately is not willing to go on the record right now because he's being harassed by the military. He's asked the military to stop harassing him. Their response is, stop talking about what you saw. And it's the most unambiguous -- he didn't see lights. He saw the craft.

SHERMER: Well --

FOX: And it was huge.

[edit on 1/26/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A guest on the Larry King show on January 24th reported that the U.S. Air Force is harassing Stephenville, Texas U.F.O. witnesses telling them to quit talking about what they saw. I wonder if the witness specifically mentioned, but anonymous, is the man who saw a craft over his property three times while deer hunting? Do we have M.I.B.s making the rounds?

(visit the link for the full news article)
Larry King Transcript

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It was huge. Here's an illustration of it:

www.coasttocoastam.com...

And Ricky Sorrells saw it. Here's an audio interview talking about what he saw:

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm not real sure Mr. Sorrells isn't the one being harrassed. Note the way the guy on King stated it...he's not willing to come forward. He's stating that he is not NOW willing to come forward...doesn't mean he didn't previously. For him to be threatened to not talk about what he saw, he first had to have told some one in a position to allow the military to know what he states he saw. So, I'm thinking Mr. Sorrells may actually be the person being threatened.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking. Again, my thanks for the splendid job
you and your daughter did for us at Stephenville last Saturday. Can I offer a
small donation to help offset your expenses?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger

Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking. Again, my thanks for the splendid job
you and your daughter did for us at Stephenville last Saturday. Can I offer a
small donation to help offset your expenses?

Of course not...we didn't really do that much, but thank you for your kindness. Eventually we'll get my daughter's photos up of the MUFON meeting. It was a bit of a vacation for us and we had a nice time. The MUFON meeting was very exciting to attend due to the high number of people there to report their sighting.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Please do were all anxious to see the full set. When you do please update your thread here .
Thanks again for the "Above an beyond" Work . And safe travels to you .

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ken Cherry of MUFON also thinks there's a military cover up, though in a Dallas Morning news interview, he didn't specifically address any alleged witness harassment:

"What do you think of the military's explanation of the multiple UFO reports in Stephenville – that there were 10 F-16s training in the area?

Initially [when they denied any involvement], I think they were trying to discredit the witnesses by saying that what they had viewed was an optical illusion. We had witnesses who had accurately described F-16s in the area that were chasing a UFO. I think the new military explanation only reinforces the credibility of our witnesses, proved to be more reliable than the Air Force, frankly.

The idea that they forgot they had an exercise in the area just doesn't hold water. So it appears to have been a cover-up. "

[edit on 1/27/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there are alot of people visiting Stephenville now hoping that they may see a UFO?

It seems to me that there may be quite a few people that would love to stargaze the night skies in Texas, I know I would.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm sure local businesses were swamped for a few days after the UFO sighting news broke, but if the military has any control over these things, you won't be seeing one there again anytime soon after all of the attention this sighting got.

On the other hand, if they don't have control of the situation, then I'm sure that lightning may very likely strike again in the same place.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
"What do you think of the military's explanation of the multiple UFO reports in Stephenville – that there were 10 F-16s training in the area?

Initially [when they denied any involvement], I think they were trying to discredit the witnesses by saying that what they had viewed was an optical illusion. We had witnesses who had accurately described F-16s in the area that were chasing a UFO. I think the new military explanation only reinforces the credibility of our witnesses, proved to be more reliable than the Air Force, frankly.

The Air Force's handling of the Stephenville event should go down in history as a textbook example of how not to operate a public relations exercise. Even if the events that transpired were completely rational and mundane, few people will believe so after the military response and eventual reversal.

Did they honestly believe that anyone would buy the illusion theory? That dozens of reports could be explained away by the sun's reflection off two airliners is, frankly, more out-of-this-world than any UFO might be.

I'm sure the good citizens of Stephenville are smart enough to tell the difference between the sun's reflection and an enormous aerial craft. The Air Force must think the military instruction to obey orders without question somehow translates into the civilian world.

The same comparison can be made to the second attempt at denial: ten F-16s. Again, I'm certain most of the eyewitnesses would be able to recognize military aircraft in the skies overhead and not jump to the conclusion of a UFO.

Not sure how to respond to the stories about harrassment. Given its history, I guess I should expect further blunders from the Air Force. Seems a bit late to be sending out threats though. I would imagine this cat is already out of the bag.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
No big surprise I knew it would be a matter of time before the harrasment would begin.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ Lavender

I believe in judging agencies by past performances. In the Phoenix Lights sighting of 1997, the Air Force also initially denied any involvement, then a week later suddenly remembered aircraft training and flare drops. These kinds of explanations do not bear up to close scrutiny, in my opinion. This latest Air Force dis info campaign seems to be right out of the same (Phoenix) play book.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

I'm sorry but where is the concrete evidence that he was being harrased? Any audio recording that he was being harrased?

This case wouldn't go anywhere if there wasn't any undeniable evidence that he was harrased. Anyone can make claims to give credibility to oneself.

No audio/video recording, weak claim against the Air Force. If everyone thinks that going againt the USAF with just a mere claim that it did happen you might as well grasping at straws.

No concrete evidence, no case, nothing....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I agree. We will have to wait and see whether any corroborating evidence becomes available. To that end, I will email a reporter at the Stephenville newspaper to see if she can tell us anything more about this claim. At least another account of any harassment might indicate whether it merits further study or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have sent an email to the Stephenville Empire-Tribune asking if they know where the harassment report may have originated. While on their web site, I saw an interesting story about a Brazilian news crew investigating the sighting, along with a few other tidbits:

Stephenville Empire-Tribune

[edit on 1/28/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Awesome. Please let us know if you hear anything substantial from the paper. This potential new twist is fascinating.

And thanks for the link. Good stuff, both.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I already have a response from the paper, and they confirm the story, but the witness is not willing to come forward at this time:

My inquiry:

On January 24th the Larry King show had a guest who claimed he knew of U.S. Air Force harassment of a Stephenville witness or witnesses. Have you heard anything along these lines?

I know how busy you must be, and certainly appreciate your time.

Regards,

The response:

Yes, but he's not willing to go on the record at this time.

I have removed everyone's name from the email including my own. I am willing to have Springer authenticate the email with all of the real names if anyone doubts me.

The story from the Larry King show is thus verified. We will have to wait now and see if or when this witness may be willing to talk. I will keep working on it, but I will not release names of the innocent or the unwilling even if I learn them.

[edit on 1/28/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
More harassment stories pending.....Wednesday

I will also report on an upcoming blog exactly what Angelia and I were talking about. This involves even more intimidation, and her and I are discussing how to break a story that I was privy to that involved direct government harassment. Check back Wednesday for this report. Voice your comments on these events, and let me know what you think about what has happened to Angelia. Watch this Friday's blog.

The information is on this site by Billy Booth who claims to have ongoing contact with the reporter.

Billy Booth Tuesday, February 12

Peace

new topics

top topics

join