It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saying Hello....first post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

Im new here and found this place by accident after the story of the man on mars appeared in the english newspapers. Think its a rock. So I have now spent the last couple of days reading through various articles on here, Asteroid tu-24, stargates, etc. I am very impressed with what ive read and full credit to the posters, particular favourites mungodave, undo.

I do feel out of my depth here as this place is huge but im here with an open mind and if I can add any value to the posts I will.

I do have one question why do some people take so long to join, ive read that people have been on here for 6 months to a year before they join, why?

Thanks for your time, keep up the good work...

JQ.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey John and welcome to ATS

Why do people take so long to join after lurking for months...? I'm not quite sure exactly, but perhaps because the place is HUGE and covers every single topic one could imagine, perhaps many people feel intimidated and daunted by this initially, perhaps ?

Anywho, good to have you on board and enjoy

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!
You will usually find me on Belowtopsecret.
Occasionally I find my way over here.
I agree about lurkers...I signed up day 2. Not 6 months later.lol
See you around!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Hello back at ya.

Flattered my name got mentioned..... I'm a newby myself and stumbled across something that went ballistic.

i hope you enjoy this place as I do and look forward to your opinions.
cheers
Mungodave

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Welcome JC.

Say what you Feel and Feel what you say. Ya feel!

Try to find your way to BTS and AP as well, good stuff there also.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Welcome, Welcome and Welcome some more!!!

What a better way to spend Saturday morning than browsing the multifaceted information on ATS!!!

As far as why do so many wait to register? I don't know about that way of thinking, I am one of those impulsive types who see an opportunity and jump the train!!!

I do wish I would have thought out my screen name and used something cooler and that defined something I hold dear.

Maybe the lurkers are waiting for that perfect screen name to register!

Of course you kept it simple alright, JOhn Q!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Welcome, John Q!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

new topics

top topics

join