It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio State Board of Education infuriates Evolution Supporters by new Lesson Plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Also, these mutation transition periods would be really short since everything was changing so fast. This would leave less time for a smaller amount of transitional species to exist in. This would mean not many remains to be found compared to the non mutation animals who may have existed for LONG periods before major change.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
So you are saying we should teach students theories that we know have no supporting evidence? I'm alright with teaching students alternate theories, if those have supporting evidence. Last time I checked Intelligent Design has not been proven. Science can not and will never prove the existance of God.

Macro evolution has been observed in fossils. Intelligent Design has been observed in nothing. What theory would you like to learn your children to make them objectively thinking and well informed humans? I hope not the unproven 'just accept it' intelligent design theory.

Galileo was treated that way because he threatened the power of religion. The same religion that supports intelligent design.

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by amantine]

When has evolution been proven??? Last time I checked it was a theory just like Intelligent Design. I have given you proof of Intelligent Design in our other thread.

Have you ever thought that Science may become a sort of religion in which if you disagree with what is comfortable you will be treated the same way Galileo was? What about Dr. Atkins for example. He was ridiculed for well on 20 years before people began to listen to him. Now the atkins diet is the craze. Just think about how you are so hell bent to prove that evolution is the only way and you refuse to open your mind to another possiblility. You have been taught evolution as a fact and even though I explain to you the theory of Intelligent Design using the same science you still beleive evolution to be a fact.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
When has evolution been proven??? Last time I checked it was a theory just like Intelligent Design. I have given you proof of Intelligent Design in our other thread.

Have you ever thought that Science may become a sort of religion in which if you disagree with what is comfortable you will be treated the same way Galileo was? What about Dr. Atkins for example. He was ridiculed for well on 20 years before people began to listen to him. Now the atkins diet is the craze. Just think about how you are so hell bent to prove that evolution is the only way and you refuse to open your mind to another possiblility. You have been taught evolution as a fact and even though I explain to you the theory of Intelligent Design using the same science you still beleive evolution to be a fact.

No theory can be 100% proven, but there is a lot supporting evidence for evolution. 29+ Evidences for Macroevolution is a well documented article. I don't agree with the philosophical evidence (not scientific evidence) that you gave in our other discussion.

You don't really read what I have written, I have no objection against alternative theories as long as they have scientific evidence. Intelligent Design does not have this! The only part about science in your posts in the other discussion actually support my point, but that was more about the big bang than evolution.

BTW, this is one of the better discussions on ATS in a long while. I liked the thought and time you put in your arguments. Too bad I can't participate in the debate tournament to fight this out.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I agree with you on this being a great debate

I like to argue points with someone who is not afraid to slap me in the face with concrete counterpoints not just "Your a lame douchebag and....uhh....and....stupid too" So thanks for the debate and I will be back tommorow to continue it and btw I still think your wrong nah nah na boo-boo!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join