It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British & American Chocolate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A friend of mine in the States sent me a box load of American chocolate (Yummy). And i wanna return the favour but im not sure how many of our chocolates you've already got over there. So im gonna list a small selection, and if you could tell me out of these what's already available over there in your everyday, ordinary walk in store i'll be grateful

• Ripple
  • Bounty
  • Minstrels
  • Kinder Eggs
  • Cream Eggs
  • Toffee Crisp
  • Twix
  • Walnut Whip
  • Crunchie
  • Boost
  • Twirl
  • Curly Wurly
  • Dairy Milk Buttons
  • Flake
  • Picnic
  • Maltesers
  • Topic
  • Daim

Cant think of any more lol. Thanks for any help

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Original_Sin

Hmmmmmm, I am a chocoholic over here in the States. About the only kind I wouldn't eat would be chocolate covered insects!

The only one I see on your list that we have over here is Twix. Those are the chocolate covered cookie sort of things, right?

I would say that it would probably be safe to send your freind any of the other types on the chance they have never had them.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The Boost is my favorite. Mmmm choplit.

Did you see that program yesterday with the big American guy who came over and bought just about every type of chocolate bar in a newsagents? He was doing a program on obesity.

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
The only one I see on your list that we have over here is Twix. Those are the chocolate covered cookie sort of things, right?

Yeah. It's like two bars with a cookie/biscuit base and caramel on top, covered in chocolate.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You should look them up on wikipedia and see if they have an american equivalent.

Maltesers is similar to a candy available here that's called whoppers. I'd probably stay away from sending that. I also wouldn't recommend sending the toffee crisps since toffee is available in several candies and ice creams here.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I consulted my local chocolate oracle... she says anything from Harrod's would likely be a real treat and that even the same (for example) Cadbury products there and here in North America are different in many ways. There is almost always better than here. LOL.

A link.

I'm partial to the Trinidad white choclate over whole hazel nuts... it's powerful.

Vic

[edit on 25-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks for the help everybody!.

Originally posted by V Kaminski

Ahh, a tray of Harrod's choco is a great idea, thank ya

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
Maltesers is similar to a candy available here that's called whoppers

Thanks. I'll scratch Malteasers off the list

Originally posted by Xeros
Did you see that program yesterday with the big American guy who came over and bought just about every type of chocolate bar in a newsagents? He was doing a program on obesity.

I think i saw that awhile ago, he was such a nice guy, i wonder how he's doing.

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
the only kind I wouldn't eat would be chocolate covered insects!

I might just save that one for April fools

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Twix is the only choclate that looks familiar to me... I'm in Southern California

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I only recognize Twix as a milk chocolate coating a crunchy bread thingy with caramel goo in the middle. I prefer the dark chocolate variety anytime.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ive seen Bounty before here too and twix, and instead of crunchie we have Crunch, choco with rice in it, by nestle.

funny bout the cadburry cream eggs
i thought they were good here, I gotta try em from uk!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I love chocolate and im here in the states!

Only one I actually reconized by the name was Twix. lol

But a few of them kinda sounds like another version of the ones here. So I would only be able to tell from pictures. lol

CHOCOLATE!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the help everybody, im very thankful

So Twix is a popular one then, i wont bother with that.

Im surprised about Kinder eggs as i thought they were American made, perhaps you call them something different?. They have a toy in the middle

Anyway, thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

from experience i have found all americans i served when they were on holiday in the UK prefer to buy their chocolate from here,
apprently britsih choclate tastes much better then American

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I recognize Twix. Yes, Matlteasers sound like our Whoppers. If Bounty is the chocolate covered coconut bar(s), then I've had one, but aren't fond of it, as it is not sweet enough, like our Mounds or Almond Joy.

American chocolate has more sugar then European chocolate. Americans have been used to milk chocolate more than dark. (Dark here gaining popularity now with "link" to "healthier" heart--flavaniods.)
I think Cadbury's is more milk chocolate. Very tasty. Cadbury's cream eggs are brought out at Easter time here.

Ooh, Harrods chocolates...good idea!!

Sometimes a candy maker will make the same name bar for consumption in different countries, so the name might be the same, but the taste will be totally different. Nestles, e.g.

Please U2U me a case of Toffee Crisps LOL If they're the same as ones in Canada, I can't get enough of them!

Haven't heard of Kinder eggs.

new topics

top topics

join