It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Toxic Substance Known Might Need More Strongly Worded Warning Label

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Most Toxic Substance Known Might Need More Strongly Worded Warning Label

www.reuters.com

Botox and a similar injection should come with stronger warnings following reports of 16 deaths after the botulinum toxin spread inside the body, a U.S. consumer group said on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Imagine the ultimate lethal substance more powerful than any chemical warfare agent, so deadly less than a pound of it could kill every living human on the planet. Now imagine legions of middle aged working mothers lining up to have very minute concentrations injected into their faces to remove wrinkle lines and look less stressed for up to six months. Yes, it's Botox (also sold as Dysport), and after eighty seven people hospitalized and sixteen left dead (an extremely small percentage of treatment recipients) some wonder if the substance might need a more strongly worded warning label (though probably not phrases from the opening sentence of this article).

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
imagine that! injecting a deadly toxin into your body can kill you! who'd have thunk it!
honestly, if you've gotta inject botulism into your face to paralyze your muscles there's something wrong with the society you're part of.....such is life i guess

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So I wonder how long until it somehow morphs and the people that receive the treatment will become carriers for a new Hazard to human health.

A future epidemic?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

It's a poison, not a virus or a bacterium. The people died from the poison spreading through their body, instead of retricting to the face muscles.

Yeah, I wonder why it seems like a good idea to so many people to inject poison into their faces.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Yeah, I wonder why it seems like a good idea to so many people to inject poison into their faces.

Ingesting, injecting, inhaling or snorting drugs will likely screw you up. And yet, millions of people on this planet do it every day. Makes you wonder, too?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

It's a poison, not a virus or a bacterium. The people died from the poison spreading through their body, instead of retricting to the face muscles.

Oh, right on. I thought it was made from botulism bacterium.

Well, guess that ideas out the window.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well, that other stuff you are probably refering to are illegal. Why should these botox treatments be allowed, if dangerous also?

Since the government thinks it should control what a person can or cannot put into their body, why not? Food can be unhealthy as well. Please, government, force us to go on diets.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

At least you get high from those things. There's a personal experience wrapped into those abuses of the body.

Botox does that too, although it's more of an ego thing. I mean, women don't need to beautiful, it's expected from them in our society, however. And so they conform, and the chemicals, poisons, and monkey feces get sprayed, injected, and smeared upon their bodies, all to appear more "beautiful".

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
it is crazy, proving the dangers of this toxic chemical for vanity shows how crazy out society is becoming. How many of the readers here have done it or are about to do it. I would hope that many of the individuals on this site have made an educated decision and turned away from the procedure. But if it is so deadly what if it got in the wrong hands, could this be used in some kind of dirty bomb? Could this be used in a way that could kill many on a massive scale. Surely and hopefully there are many safe guards in place so that shadey individuals can't get their dirty little paws on this crap. I would hope but some how i fear that our faith in government is always misplaced.

top topics

join