It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Bank violence erupts, Gazans stream into Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

West Bank violence erupts, Gazans stream into Egypt

www.reuters.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Two Palestinians and an Israeli border policeman were shot dead in violence in the occupied West Bank on Thursday.

In Gaza, more people streamed across the breached border into Egypt to escape the strictures of an Israeli blockade.

Israel's deputy defense minister said the Jewish state wanted to cut its links with the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip after militants blasted open the territory's border fence with Egypt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.newsobserver.com

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It will be very interesting to see how long Egypt allows the border to remain open and whether or not Israel will sever the Gaza strip. I'll also be curious to see what type of resolution the UN will seek for the situation.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacks56

I am so surprised the Egyptians let this happen at all.. not typical of them. Though the President did declare it a Humanitarian need for them to get supplies from Egyptian border towns....

After the wall was blown open....

Of course, now they have to try and re-round them up and put them on the right side of the wall.
I tried to find the news story about two Palestinian men who went through the wall, got a bunch of weed, and tried to get back into Palestine only be arrested by authorities at the wall.
Now there is making use of the situation... or maybe if they shared it among Palestinian and Israeli government officials they would be far more inclined to get along....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Of course the Egyptians would allow it, there have been reports of 50,000 plus people crossing over to purchase items. Thats a quick influx of money into their economy.

new topics

top topics

join